• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones (Season 2) Bluray/DVD - February 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
uIawD.jpg

JEnz9.jpg

This thread is intended for those who don't have HBO and thus do not particiapte in the GoT official thread. The bluray, dvd and digital release of Season 2 is set for Feb 19th and that leaves little more than a month before Season 3 premieres on HBO March 31st (so go subscribe to HBO if you have to). I'm super excited about the future of this show and look forward to reviewing Season 1 and finishing the novels.

Blu-ray with HBO Select - $79.98
DVD (Five disc set) - $59.99

**NOTICE**: Amazon's pre-order has $34.99 bluray/dvd combo + digital copy

DVD:

Creating the Battle of Blackwater Bay – See how the epic Battle of Blackwater Bay was brought to life in this exclusive, in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the climatic episode. The 30 minute feature showcases never-before-seen interviews with cast and crew.

Game of Thrones: Inner Circle – Actors Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Michelle Fairley and Liam Cunningham talk in detail about their experiences shooting season two in this roundtable discussion moderated by executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

The Religions of Westeros – Hear author George R.R. Martin, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss discuss the competing religions in the series and how they influence the various characters in Westeros and beyond.

Character Profiles – Profiles of seven major characters as described by the actors portraying them including Renly Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Robb Stark, Theon Greyjoy and more.

Audio Commentaries – 12 commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington and more.

Blu-ray with HBO Select – includes all DVD features plus:

War of the Five Kings – Track the claims, strategies and key players involved in the battle for the Iron Throne with this interactive guide that follows the movements of various armies detailing their victories and defeats.

Histories & Lore – 19 animated histories detailing the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves and featuring, in-part, illustrations from Game of Thrones storyboard artist Will Simpson.

In-Episode Guide – In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.

Hidden Dragon Eggs – Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.

Still no alternate covers announced yet from BB this time. Was hoping for a Lannister or Greyjoy cover.

This + Metal Gear Rising Revengeance both coming on the same day

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Finally. I hate being almost a year behind since I don't get HBO. I've read all the books twice so I'm not worried about spoilers, I just want to see it.

UraMallas

Pre-ordered. Love the series and the books. Can't wait to show the new roommates this series so I can talk them into splitting HBO's cost in April with me. Although I'll subscribe no matter what.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone know if Bestbuy is going to do a House Sigil slipcover like they did with Season 1?

Draconian

I bought season one day one on Amazon for $35. I hope for a similar deal this time.

EDIT: Although that had no DVD. =/

They're doing blu-ray/dvd combo with digital copy for tv shows now? Nice.

Yeah there's only a BD/DVD/digital release, can't just blu ray only. Pretty sure this is the first time HBO has ever done this. I'm interested to see what the packaging will be like. Going to be a lot of discs in there

Am I crazy, or was there no digital copy with S1?

Nope, to my knowledge the first hbo set with digital copies was Boardwalk Empire s2

Riggs

Banned
I was pissed when I tried to buy this the other day since it wasn't out. CANNOT wait. Season 1 on blu ray was so fucking well done with the back story stuff.

If you liked the first season and do not have it, you definitely will not be disappointed.

hmmm is the HBO set worth the extra $20?

Histories & Lore – 19 animated histories detailing the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves and featuring, in-part, illustrations from Game of Thrones storyboard artist Will Simpson.
yes.

But wait, weren't these animated histories included in the everywhere-version of season 1?

Kafel

Banned
Any chance of the BR being region-free ?

edit : ordered the uk version planned for the 4th of March

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm going to wait for Best Buy's limited edition covers. I'm want a Baratheon gold stag one. Should look great sitting next to my Stark season 1 set.

iammeiam

Blu-ray with HBO Select – includes all DVD features plus:

What the fuck is HBO select btw?

Their way of branding packaging digital and DVD copies in with their BluRays. They went back last year and rereleased some older titles (first three seasons of True Blood is all I remember) as HBO Select, so the HBO Select label is an easy way to tell the release includes all three formats vs the original single-format package. Pretty much all new HBO releases are going to be HBO Select on blu.

They rereleased the first season with dvd and digital copy. I also think they removed the George Bush thing. HBO has done this for before though, my Girls blu-rays had all three.

Riggs

Banned
Their way of branding packaging digital and DVD copies in with their BluRays. They went back last year and rereleased some older titles (first three seasons of True Blood is all I remember) as HBO Select, so the HBO Select label is an easy way to tell the release includes all three formats vs the original single-format package. Pretty much all new HBO releases are going to be HBO Select on blu.

Oh ok , thanks man. So HBO select is like Digital Disc / DVD / Blu ray, got it.

I'm going to make my own cover that is just big picture of Joffrey's face. He's such a noble king.

/SLAP 3 times in face

Sorry lol.

Still no alternate covers announced yet from BB this time. Was hoping for a Lannister or Greyjoy cover.

This + Metal Gear Rising Revengeance both coming on the same day

They were announced pretty early last time, so might not be happening. Those things shot up in value, too. Might be an investment opportunity if they do announce them!!

Yeah there's only a BD/DVD/digital release, can't just blu ray only. Pretty sure this is the first time HBO has ever done this. I'm interested to see what the packaging will be like. Going to be a lot of discs in there

Nope, to my knowledge the first hbo set with digital copies was Boardwalk Empire s2

No, not the first time. See the quote below, and you even mentioned Boardwalk Empire. The new HBO initiative is to have all blu releases this way, starting with True Blood reissues last year, a reissue of Boardwalk Empire Season 1, and all series subsequently released. The packaging is basically identical to the previous blu-ray set, with minor exceptions. It is slightly thicker to hold a cardboard sleeve containing the dvds. 4 double-sided dvds, and a voucher to unlock the digital copies through the service of your choice.

They rereleased the first season with dvd and digital copy. I also think they removed the George Bush thing. HBO has done this for before though, my Girls blu-rays had all three.

The first season actually has 3.5 blu-ray releases now. The first one (which also had Best Buy Exclusive slip covers). Then an edited one that removed George Bush. Then the HBO select version with digital copies and dvds. The .5 is the Collector's edition, which is the Select version with egg in special box.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i dont get it... are they giving us a bunch of extras in SD if we pay for the blu-ray set?

Pollux

About damn time. I need to re-buy season 1 as well. My mother loaned them to a friend of hers. And then that friend died. So, no way to really get them back that doesn't seem rude.

Jeels

Nice, had a $40 Amazon gift card so got the Bluray for less than 20! :) Still willing to change over/pay higher price if anyone gets exclusive covers...

Awesome - I'll wait to see what Best Buy brings to the table before putting money down. It's going to get much lower than $50 before it's release.

I'm going to wait for Best Buy's limited edition covers. I'm want a Baratheon gold stag one. Should look great sitting next to my Stark season 1 set.
Hell yeah. Baratheon would be my pick too.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Same here. I know it's stupid, but I can't stand when the spines for series don't match up on my shelf too.

johnsmith

remember me
Pretty sure Best Buy had season 1 on blu-ray for 34.99 the week of release. Here's hoping this is the same price.

RDreamer

Pretty sure Best Buy had season 1 on blu-ray for 34.99 the week of release. Here's hoping this is the same price.

I think Amazon price matched that, too, since that's what I got it at.

Definitely picking this up. Can't wait to go straight through Season 1 and 2, then not too long later see Season 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom