• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblast 2016

Heyo!
Is anyone taking part in Gameblast this year?

For those unaware it typically takes place during the last weekend of February and is there to raise money/awareness for a charity named Special Effect who help both adults and children with disabilities play video games. I was first made aware of Special Effect when I visited the Eurogamer Expo a few years ago and they demoed some of the technology they use, I was blown away at the time.

This year me and a group of friends are taking over our local arts centre to do a 24 hour gaming session on the 27th. Luckily the arts centre has cinema screens etc so we'll be using those for Rock Band etc! We have quite the list of games but I'm most looking forward to some large scale games of Johann Sebastian Joust!

We're also hoping to raise a little extra money by setting up console challenges (Mario Kart etc) around the centre and offering the chance of a prize for donations. I'll probably offer up selections from my retro collection etc.

So yeah, anyone else taking part? Any games you're looking forward to playing as a group? Doing anything special to raise money?

winstano

I know self-promotion is frowned upon a little here on GAF, but my site (nextgengamingblog.com) are doing a mammoth stream next weekend. I'm personally going to be doing a 24hr marathon of... Well, I'm not yet decided, but there'll be a lot!!

To raise money, we've asked a few of the PR Contacts we have to donate anything they had kicking around any drawers etc, but they've gone above and beyond. We've got a mammoth list, and to get some stuff, go to http://bit.do/TeamNGB and donate £2 as a minimum. If you want to donate more, we'd love you even more, but if you don't, then £2 is fine!

ViyZ7mJ.jpg

I'm sure you'll agree, that's a pretty hefty list. As things stand, we've got more prizes than donations, so you're in with a great chance if you kick in! The headsets from Audio Technica are absolutely stunning, and Sony dropping 2 press kits was an amazing thing, they've really done us a solid on that one!!

Make sure to put your GAF username in if you do donate, and I'll drop you a line if you win!

winstano

We've had a day of streams so far on twitch.tv/nextgengamingblog - it's been knackering, and I'm doing a full 24hrs as of 10am!

Still got a ton to give away, including the uncharted and until dawn press kits, as well as the audio technica headsets! If you fancy getting involved please do, it's a great cause

Top Bottom