• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamedaily's preview of Midnight Club 3: DUB edition

Vehicle customization:

With DUB on board, Rockstar is expanding their customization options into the heavens. The game features 50+ real-time vehicles, from such makers as Cadillac, Ducati, Mitsubishi, and Mercedes Benz, as well as other vehicles like sweet SUVs and even motorcycles. You have access to all sorts of customization gear in your virtual garage that allow you to tweak your vehicles to perfection, including paint job options, aftermarket parts to help boost performance, and other nifty little items that'll make your ride much more of a success on the street circuit.

Car racing features:

Rockstar has emphasized that speed will be the name of the game, and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition is certainly a lot faster ride this time around. The frame rate appears to be improved, and real-time details, like glimmering lights, reflection from wet ground and other objects, and excellent detail on tracks varying from Detroit to other international locations, look to stand out. There will also be real-time damage effects, which you can repair in the garage following a race and demand attention or may affect your car in later races.

Soundtracks:

The game will also feature a soundtrack worthy of the underground racing scene, a mixture of rock and rap that will be to everyone's tastes. (However, Xbox fans will once again have the option of customizable soundtracks, so they can throw in their own music.)

Online community:

The game will also improve upon the online community, offering more different types of races than before. You can take your customized rides online and challenge friends to a number of races, as well as customize your own particular race events so that you can find something to your liking. There will be match-ups available, as well as possible "clicks", so you can form a driving team with some friends and prepare some hasty challenges towards other teams.

For the full preview, visit: http://www.gamedaily.com/xbox/preview/?id=269&game_id=3070&source=00001

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Meh, another street racer

I don't think I can play those games again after Burnout 3 comes out :p

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Wario64 said:

Uh did you ever spend any time in MCII's battle modes? A whole different kind of thrill than what BO3 provides.

Wario64 said:

If I were Rockstar / Take-Two, I would delay MC 3 until the first half of 2005 to avoid stiff competition from EA.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
DarienA said:
Uh did you ever spend any time in MCII's battle modes? A whole different kind of thrill than what BO3 provides.

Yes, a whole different thrill....

....that got old after two hours. :p I can't even say I'm looking forward to Burnout 3 either though, unless it's somehow totally different than the first two games. I want a new Daytona or Ridge racer game. :( I'll take Outrun 2 though.

Top Bottom