• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visions of Mana | Preview Thread

IMHO, open houses are almost always bad unless there is a lore reason to enter them. It feels odd in games like Dragon Quest and Pokémon, when you just barge into random homes, track down the occupants (sometimes in their bedrooms) and take their stuff. I'd rather just have residential buildings be decoration and have the people outdoors.

I'm going to be making the OT over the next few days, hit me with your best titles
I got nothing... hmm, let me think...

Visions of Mana | OT | It's been 84 years...
Visions of Mana | OT | One-winged (dragon) Waifu
Visions of Mana | OT | A Squirrel is fine, too

Doomtrain

Wait, where did it say the game has no indoor environments? Was that in one of the previews? Or are we just going by the demo? (I sprinted through the demo once, but I didn't pay super close attention in the town, so it's possible I just missed it).

Variahunter

Visions of Mana | OT | Into the Thighs of it
Visions of Mana | OT | What the Remakes Taught me
Visions of Mana | OT | Meridian Child
Visions of Mana | OT | Where Angels Fear to Thread
Visions of Mana | OT | Sacrifice Part V
Visions of Mana | OT | Secret of Mana +
Visions of Mana | OT | Leave Time for Love Hinna

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Played through the demo to completion. The art is beautiful, the character designs ... a little too cutesy.

ghkR7UC.jpeg

jkBPelM.jpeg

aCFdL95.jpeg

eJmStlX.jpeg

PPqVB3a.jpeg

ws2mecy.jpeg

SkylineRKR

The demo boss was boring. The combat is sort of boring in general but I think every Mana game is.

Wait, where did it say the game has no indoor environments? Was that in one of the previews? Or are we just going by the demo? (I sprinted through the demo once, but I didn't pay super close attention in the town, so it's possible I just missed it).

The demo town had nothing you could enter. Its a far cry from Trials even though Visions does veel a tad better to me.

manzo

Ok si your argument is : when houses are bad then it’s useless.

Who said that houses had to be bad exactly ?

At this point why does this game has a combat system ? It’s mid at best so why bother ?

With this kind of mindset everything you can add to a game is useless.

I never said about houses being bad, I said about empty, non-interactive spaces being a waste of time. This is what I meant with my example of SO6; why even bother going into the houses when there are absolutely nothing in there, no NPC's with dialogue lines or anything else worth of visiting it? Maybe 1 treasure chest that gives you the basic health potion in one of 10 houses. Rather use the money what went into creating the assets to something else. If you design a space for the player to visit, have meaning to it. This is a big problem with games these days, waste time.

What an odd comment about a battle system in an action RPG? Please elaborate this more. Of course the battle system is needed and using SO6 as an example, the game's absolutely pride and joy WAS the battle system. Seiken 3 had a battle system from 1995 on a Super Famicom, it was back in it's time way enough to carry the game onwards. ToM added some stuff on it, but it was perfect enough for us who already finished the original multiple times and understood what we're getting into. I haven't played the demo of VoM, so I cannot say what it's system is - this is an open field as it's a new game. Seiken series never had a deep battle system akin to Star Ocean games and was never needed. But that's my opinion.

Maybe I should've been more precise with the point this being a new game from scratch for the teams; the Seiken teams have NEVER gotten AAA level of funding for their projects. These are done with B-level estimates and with the money they have, they shouldn't put it into useless empty world. It's a wonder we got this game in the first place, so the budget being small definitely shows cuts here and there.

The one at the end of the demo is 100% a sponge.

I really hope the final game has a difficulty slider. Give me my easy / story modes for 50~ hour RPGs, please.
Eh, I think it died pretty quickly, but I tried overleveling for the Luna challenge (which didn't do much as it scales with your level :messenger_loudly_crying: ).

And there will be 5 difficulty settings: very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard. No info on a potential No Future mode for NG+, or even if there will be a NG+at all.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Did anyone find any OP strats? Eventually all I was doing was spamming the furry character's charge heavy attack because it does a lot of damage and auto aims.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don’t think we need worry much about bosses being “spongy” because your damage is mostly depend how you gonna build your class.

In Trials of Mana remake I beat the post game end boss pretty quickly because my Angela became DPS monster, I was able to dish crazy amount of damage to the boss and didn’t do any grinding.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Eh, I think it died pretty quickly, but I tried overleveling for the Luna challenge (which didn't do much as it scales with your level :messenger_loudly_crying: ).

And there will be 5 difficulty settings: very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard. No info on a potential No Future mode for NG+, or even if there will be a NG+at all.

Awesome!

PanzerCute

Knowing Squix it will be the equivalent of:
- piss easy
- extremely easy
- very easy
- easy
- normal

I hope Im wrong tho

JayK47

Played some of the demo. The world looks nice. Combat is decent so far. Hate some of the character models and voices. Really hate how Val looks.

Top Bottom