• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games You’ve Beaten in 2024

dmaul1114

I like having a thread to track what I play and finish each year, so posting one here if anyone else wants to do the same.

This was a thread I made over on Bluray.com forums early in the year, but I stopped bothering with site as the gaming subforums are too low traffic to bother with.

Games Beaten

1. Final Fantasy 16 (PS5)
-Had a really good time with this. Was worried it wouldn't be for me as I'm not big into action games, but I liked the demo so I grabbed it in a Black Friday sale. Combat was fine, even playing on action oriented mode. Just polished it off tonight, took me 57 hours. Did all the sidequests, but not all the hunts (mostly just those tied to sidequests, and a few more to get mats to craft the best sword at the end. Story was nothing special, but interesting enough to keep me going and I liked the characters.

2. Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart (PS5)- fired this up as a palate cleanser via PS+ Extra as I didn't want to dive into another big game before FF7 Rebirth. Ended up blowing throw it over a couple of weeks and mostly having a great time with it. I didn't care to 100% it with the collectibles, but did do all the optional missions and the bronze, silver and gold arena challenges. Won't mess with challenge mode either (NG+).

3. Silent Hill: The Short Message (PS5)-It was alright. Can't complain for free. Dark and depressing, just didn't like the chase sequences as they were tedious and mostly trial and error since I suck at making mental maps, especially when corridors and rooms are so samey looking.

4. Lost in Random (XSX-Gamepass)-it was alright. Liked the Tim Burton-ish setting and characters and story was ok. Didn't like the combat much at all, put it on easy around halfway through to speed that up, and ending was very short and meh. But fun enough for a shorter Gamepass game as I burn time until Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth next week.

5. Balatro (Switch)- I'll go ahead and post this as "beat" as finally won a run (won with 2 other decks since). Like most roguelites/likes, tons more to do but I'll never clear it all so I consider them "beaten" once a first run is cleared generally. Great game, and I'll play lots more.

6. Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (PS5)- Loved this one! Easily my favorite game of this generation so far. Hit the credits at around 117 hours having done most things I cared to do before moving on. Still need to go do the final Queen’s Blood foe, maybe see how bad the mini game scores are for the final side quest and want to replay chapter 12 with Tifa as the date (got Aerith as both dates in my playthrough). Don’t care to finish the VR challenges (did all the summons ones) nor to play on Hard mode.

7. Open Roads (XSX|Gamepass)-good palate cleanser game after the long time I spent with FF7 Rebirth. Just 2-3ish hours, narrative driven “walking sim” type game in the vein of Gone Home and similar. Nothing great, but was worth a run through via Gamepass.

8. Stellar Blade (PS5)--really enjoyed this! Only gripes would be the janky at times platforming, big difficulty spike for the last few bosses and the story being a bit meh (with pretty bad voice acting). Otherwise looks amazing, fun to play and liked the setting and characters and most action games aren’t anything special on the story front anyway. Solid 9/10 game for me.

9. Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 (XSX-GamePass)-liked it a lot overall, though just for the content/graphics/atmoshpere/sound etc. as the gameplay is meh. But at least the combat and puzzles were easy as I remember getting frustrated sometimes in the first game. I liked it being easier here and just being able to focus on the elements I did enjoy. Not a game I’d be happy paying full price for, but enjoyed my 7+ hours with it via Gamepass.

10. Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (Switch)-solid overall, but reminded me I’m just not that into tricky platformers nor Metroidvanias these days. Likely wouldn’t have finished it without the lower difficulty/accessiblity options so glad it had those. But very solid game with good map design etc. Just a genre I’m not that into these days I guess. A bit long for the genre 2 at 20 hours for me to finish without being anywhere near 100% on collecting things or exploring the map.

11. Star Wars: Jedi Survivor (XSX-Gamepass)-really loved this one, even better than Fallen Order. Had a bit of a slow start, but I got sucked in there after. Thought gameplay wise it was a lot better than the first. Felt less Souls-lite and more Uncharted with the combat seeming easier (stayed on default the whole time, while I dropped difficulty several times in the first one) which I enjoyed more. Only nitpick is the map kind of sucks and not having a mini-map or compass really sucks and made finding missions objectives and especially sidequest stuff annoying. Didn’t do much side stuff after my first 10 hours or so as I wasn’t finding it that engaging or the rewards (mostly cosmetics) worth it. But that’s fine as I’m not that big on side content unless it has strong story lines anyway. Xbox stats page says I played 30 hours even without doing much of that. I’ll mess around with some side stuff this weekend and see if I want to do more or move on to something new.

12. God of War: Valhalla (PS5)--Damn that was a really good DLC--especially for a free DLC. Addicting rogue-like, with permanent unlocks/upgrades which I love. And more story and character development than I was expecting from that type of DLC. Will play a bit more as I definitely have more Kratos' memories and dialogue bits to see/hear, but won't 100% it as there's still a lot of stuff to unlock/upgrade and I've got other games to get to. Edit
icon_biggrin.gif
id a bunch more runs and exhausted the dialogue/story bits. Amazing DLC.

Games Abandoned

1. Jusant (XSX-GamePass)-
just wasn't really enjoying the climbing puzzles/figuring out where to go, story bits from reading letters etc. you find weren't grabbing me etc.

2. Everything PSVR2- tried a couple more times to get back into this and I just can't. Accepting I just don't enjoy VR as I don't like being that shut off from things, I get too sweaty wearing these headsets with anything active, some motion sickness with many of the games like the RE ones I do kind of enjoy, get very disctracted by all the graininess, small sweet spot/clear field of view etc. Just not my cup of tea and was a dumb ass purchase given my PSVR1 gathered dust before I sold it----definition of insanity. Anyway, sold my PSVR2 off a while back so done with it in any case.

stn

I'll just copy what I have in the backlog thread:

1. Dead Space Remake (XSX) - 9/10
2. Tekken 8 (PS5) - 9/10
3. Granblue Fantasy: Relink (PS5) - 9/10
4. Resident Evil 4 Remake (XSX) - 10/10
5. Rise of the Ronin (PS5) - 8.5/10
6. WWE 2K24 (XSX) - 8/10
7. KOF 13: Global Match (PS4) - 8.5/10
8. Bloodborne (PS4) - 8.5/10

Next: Stellar Blade (PS5)

I like having a thread to track what I play and finish each year, so posting one here if anyone else wants to do the same.

Come join us:

DryvBy

My star rating is this:
1 - I couldn't get past the first hour. Abandoned.
2 - I finished it and I'm sad I wasted my time.
3 - I finished it and wouldn't do that again.
4 - I finished it, I'd like to see more of this.
5 - I finished it and plan on doing that again.

A Boy and His Blob - 3/5
Astro Bot - 5/5
Doom 1 - 5/5
Doom II - 5/5
Dragon's Dogma 2 - 4/5
Garfield Kart: Furious Racing - 3/3
The Light in the Darkness - 2/5
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD - 4/5
Luigi's Mansion 3 - 5/5
Plants vs Zombies - 5/5
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - 4/5
Shadow Warrior 3 - 3/5
Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath - 3/5
Star Wars: Dark Forces Remastered - 4/5
Super Mario Bros. - 4/5
TMNT: Wrath of the Mutants - 2/5
Tomb Raider: Legend - 4/5

I've actually ran out of time for most everything right now due to life so I've just been doing random stuff.

Last edited:

El Muerto

Gold Member
Rise of the Ronin - Top tier game from Team Ninja.
Robocop -
Mass Effect 1-3
9 Years of Shadows - A fun metroidvania that wasnt too big like Afterimage, excellent design.
The Callisto Protocol
Hellblade 2
Nioh 2
Aragami 2
The Gunk
Dragons Dogma
Resident Evil 2+3

Started and dropped quite a few games in my backlog, didnt want to waste my time when i wasnt enjoying them. Got a kid on the way so gonna finish Stellar Butt and that may be it for the year.

dmaul1114

Come join us:

Thanks, I knew of the first thread, but not the 2nd one. I've never came anywhere near 52 games beaten in a year (even as a kid, much less as a busy 40 something, lol) so never had any interest in participating in that one. I usually get through 10-15 games a year, sometimes fewer if I don't mix in some shorter ones with the longer games I enjoy most.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Not very many.

R&C Rift Apart
Titanfall 2 (replay)
Astro Bot
Stellar Blade
Sniper Elite 5 (multiple replays)
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Dark Souls 3 (replay)
Shadow of the Erdtree

Maybe a few I'm forgetting.

Last edited:

Kacho

Titanfall 2 - played through the PC version on my Steam Deck. Still ranks as one of the best FPS campaigns. Amazing controls.

Dragon's Dogma 2 - Performance and MTX controversies aside, I was engaged the whole way through.

Dead Cells Castlevania - beat both Dracula bosses. Good DLC romp for nostalgia.

Castlevania Collection - beat the original Castlevania again in a single sitting. Not as fun as I remember.

DOOM + DOOM II - beat DOOM and DOOM II. Still working my way through the rest of the WADs.

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 - good but very short. I think I prefer this over Sniper Elite, especially if you just want to chill out and turn heads into paste. Great graphics.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Been a piss poor year for me with completing new stuff

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
Dead Space 3
Dead Space Remake
High on Life
Stellar Blade
Hi Fi Rush
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
Ratchet & Clank 2016
Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition
Nobody Wants To Die
Cat Quest 3
Star Wars Outlaws

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

I have a rule of only playing one game at a time so probably less than others.

Jan-Feb: Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth - another excellent Yakuza and I'm ready for the next one already.

Feb-April: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - in my top 5 of all time and probs my GOTG until the final part. It's the first single player games where I've put in 100+ hours as I couldn't get enough of the world and seeing all those memorable locations from the original reimagined in such splender.

April: Final Fantasy XVI Rising Tide DLC - loved Mysida and the story around Leviathan and again lovely music. Just wish there were more DLCs coming.

April-May: Stellar Blade - it was good and great in places. The narrative and characters didn't capture me like a NieR game but I'll keep an eye out for Shift Ups next game because it was well made.

June: Nothing

July-Sept: Persona 3 Reload - my 3rd playthrough of this story (FES, P3P first 2) and this is my favourite version of the game without question.

Next: Metaphor ReFantazio, Dragon Quest 3 HD Remake, FF7 Rebirth again on Pro. I'd also like to check out Unicorn Overlord, Astro bot, Visions of Mana, Suikoden Remasters and a few others like Black Myth Wukong over the coming months. I tend to game more in Autumn and Winter.

Silent Hill 2 I'm too much of a wimp to play it but it's a great story so I'll watch a playthrough of it online or with my friend who is braver than I.

Overall an excellent year.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

FF7 rebirth, rise of the ronin, animal well, I guess balatro counts even though I haven't technically 100% everything. I only started Jedi Survivor and Alan wake 2 at the start of this year so even though those are 2023 games they are on my list.

can't really recall much else, it's been a weak year besides Animal Well and Rebirth.

Keen to kick on with astrobot starting tomorrow though.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Agreed. I think it’s the generic name that turns people away. They probably think it’s jank by default.

Gonna start up the first game this weekend.
Yeah they should have came up with a new title for sure. Over time the Sniper: Ghost Warrior games have gotten better with a huge jump in quality starting with Contracts where you can see some Hitman influence.

Ridicululzz

1. Rise of the Ronin
2. Stellar Blade
3. FF7 Remake(Beat it again to prep for Rebirth lol)
4. FF7 Rebirth
5. Persona 3 Reload
6. Elden Ring DLC
7. Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Just the ones off the top of my head. I think I played some Gamepass titles too just to try them out, but those were mostly multiplayer games to try with friends. Playing Unicorn Overlord right now and loving it!

Not much time available to gaming due to being married (about 6-10 hours per week). The only games I have beaten this year include:

Resident Evil 4 Remake on PS5 - I had bought this game on release last year, but couldn't play it due to busy schedule. I finally finished the game this year and had a blast. Capcom did a fantastic job with this remake of the original RE4 that I played two decades ago on my PS2. It was great to see one of my favorite games in all its glory on the big 4K TV screen.
Still, I dunno why but I found the original much more fun than the remake. The music, the cast, the characters (esp. Ashley and Piere) and the voice-over seemed more upbeat and attractive in the original. This game had better visuals and that's the only thing better than the original.

Baldur's Gate 3 on PC - I initially didn't like the game as I thought the gameplay looked boring when watching it on YT. But I finally decided to cave in to the hype and downloaded the game on my PC this year. And once I learned the gameplay mechanics of this CPRG, I had a great time playing it and now believe it truly deserved all the accolades it received sweeping the 2023 Game of the Year awards. I especially liked the fight against the devil Raphael - the music, the challenge level, and the animation was epic. It took nearly 10 hours for me to figure out how to beat him. But once I did (with Wyll making him immobile, and my brave La'ezel smiting nearly 80 percent of his life with her epic multiple sweeps) the feeling of accomplishment can't be described.

It seemed the entire team at Larian had poured their very soul into making the game. Everything from voice over, animations, music, and visuals were exceptional and outstanding. This was definitely my favorite games I finished this year and one of my all time favorites in my nearly 35 years of gaming life.

Nearly at End.

I am nearly at the end of the following games:

Spec Ops The Line PS3 - I am into level 12+.
Elden Ring - I am at about level 175 with strength build - 80 strength, 60 vigor, 55 endurance. The game is not that hard with the strength build. The only main character that is giving me a difficult time is Mohg (I still havent faced Radhan).

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
From the 12 games thread:

Great thread @cormack12.

20/01/24 - Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Completed this with my 4 year old, who received the game as a Christmas present. I really enjoyed this game, the vibrancy of the levels, the fact that you can play as Yoshi for an easy mode. I would strongly recommend this game, it’s excellent.

24/02/24 - Pokémon Legends Arceus. Final play time 20 hours 15 minutes. 172 Pokémon seen, 132 caught. Really surprised by this game, best Pokémon since Emerald. This was my profile on my Switch, my son is also playing this through separately and I’m trying to help him complete the dex so he can meet Arceus. Another easy recommendation.

16/03/24 - Kingdoms of Amular Re-reckoning. Final play time 15 hours. Difficult one to recommend this, it showed its age. It’s a linear action game, I ran with a great hammer build. The Legend of Dead Kel was really disappointing IMO, but Teeth of Naros was one of the better parts of the game. I thought the traversal was absolutely pants. On a true scale of 10 I’d probably give this a 6.5.

24/03/24 - Bioshock Remastered. Wow, odd one for me. For the first 2 hours I had no idea what was going on. Combat wise I thought it seemed a standard shooter, the maps seemed complicated and story wise I had no clue. As the game progressed it got better and better IMO. Combat became a joy, I familiarised myself with the level and mission design and got some sort of semblance from the story. The credits have just rolled, I’d give that an 8/10. Really good game.

30/03/24 - Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty’s Revenge. Posted my thoughts here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rlttp-banjo-kazooie-grunty’s-revenge.1669036/ really pleasant little game (100% in 4 hours 45 mins).

04/04/24 - Super Mario 64. Chipped away at this for 3 months. What more can be said? Absolute 10/10 classic. I’ve not completed this since I played through the DS version. What a game, played on Switch Oled through NSO.

EnW9aRd.jpeg

21/04/24 - Metroid Prime Remastered. First ever play through of a Metroid Prime game. This was really great, it took me a lot longer to get my bearings directionally in comparison to Dread though. I’d jump on 2 & 3 Remastered if Nintendo drop them. I love the difficulty, the platforming is great - the combat with normal enemies was the only so-so aspect I thought, but boss fights are great.

20/06/24 - Bowser’s Fury. I’m not counting this in my total as I view it as a DLC and not standalone. Finished with 60 Cat Shines. Fun short romp. I’ve seen some comments that this should be the future of Mario. I’m not so sure. I missed the dynamism and range of movement from Odyssey.
Giga Plessie belly flopping Bowser in to oblivion was a pretty funny and unexpected ending, can’t lie.

04/07/24 - Portal 2. Enjoyable game, better than the first in my opinion, first time I’ve ever played through the game. I know this is supposedly a certified classic so I might be crucified for this, but I thought it was an hour or so too long.

06/08/24 - The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (remake). First ever play through of this, the credits have just rolled. Complicated one. Loved Koholint Island, its characters and the story concept. My issue is with the obtuseness of the game. Go and get a banana from a monkey in a forest, trade it with an old lady in a village who needs it for her banana bread and get a hand grenade in return, use the hand grenade to blow up a natural rock formation in a desert to create a bridge. This is some old school game design and it didn’t translate for me. I needed a guide towards the end just to avoid a needless time sink.

12/09/24 - GTA V. First time I’ve ever managed to compete this (tried on 360, PS4 and now Steak Deck). First game I started on my Deck and this time it clicked. Rockstar have made another exceptional open world here, I have 63 hours clocked at the end of it all, and haven’t touched online yet. Pros; I like Franklin and Micheal, I like the focus on heists and as always with GTA linking in with associates who later become enemies. Cons; I think Trevor is really poorly written. I can’t believe Rockstar actually wrote such a childish character: Hahaha he’s just raped Lloyd, hilarious. If we’re supposed to think he’s despicable, it doesn’t really happen because those moments are thrown in randomly alongside other humanising moments in the main campaign.
Overall a great immersive game which surprised me by managing to call to me every day.

Hrk69

Gold Member
EA FC 24 - full 99 rated squad, including the bench
Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance - debating if I want to 100% this one
Persona 3 Reload
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Granblue Fantasy: Relink
Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
Lies of P
Horizon Forbidden West
Baldur's Gate 3 (did 3 runs this year)

Currently playing through FINAL FANTASY XVI

hemo memo

Gold Member
Games Beaten:

- Hat in Time: A super charming and fun adventure with quirky characters that really pull you in.

-Immortals Fenyx Rising: It's like Breath of the Wild but with a fun Greek mythology twist. Colorful and just really enjoyable.

- Cocoon: A relaxing and beautiful puzzle-platformer.

- Flipping Death: A quirky platformer that flips things around in a fun way. It's got its own style.

- Unravel: An emotional journey with a cute yarn character.

- Lost in Random: Stylish and totally different with its dice-based combat.

- Transistor: Beautiful and atmospheric, with a story that hooks you from the start.

- Hotline Miami 1 & 2: Brutal, fast-paced, and retro.

- Bully: Satirical, funny, and a little ridiculous.

- Nier Replicant & Automata: Both are amazing RPGs with unique gameplay and characters that stick with you.

- Tales of Arise: Solid story and very engaging combat.

- The Last of Us Part 2: Intense and emotional. People are split on it, though.

- GTA IV & 2 DLC: Gritty, realistic, and tells a pretty compelling story. Definitely the darkest GTA.

- World of Final Fantasy: A nostalgic throwback with adorable chibi characters.

- Final Fantasy XVI: Latest game i,ve played. Looked great but felt more DMC than FF. The action-heavy combat and lack of party dynamics took away from the experience. The story and world just didn’t leave a lasting impact.

Currently playign DQXIS.

diffusionx

Gold Member
1. Jedi Survivor - it was ok, 6/10
2. SpongeBob Cosmic Shake - awful, 3/10, feel betrayed by people w no said it was a proper sequel to the BFBB remake (which I got all the cheevos in and really liked).
3. GOW Ragnarok - I really liked this game, but the story just took a total shit into marvel garbage at the end, and totally ruined it for me. I just think about it and cringe. 7/10
4. Sekiro - what is there to say, 11/10
5. Castlevania Advance Collection - I don't think these games have held up over the years. As handheld CVs in the early 00s, I am sure they were amazing. But like a 6/10, maybe.
6. Prince of Persia Lost Crown - I really liked it, but one of the trophies was bugged so 1/10

Last edited:

EerieArcade

Neo Member
1. Lake - 6/10.
2. Alan Wake 2 - 8.5/10.
3. Vampire Survivors - 8/10
4. Halls of Torment - 7/10
5. Witch's House MV - 8/10
6. Resident Evil 2 Remake (Claire) - 10/10
7. Death Must Die - 8/10
8. Last of Us 2 - 9/10
9. Livestream: Escape from Hotel Izanami - 7.5/10
10. Twin Mirror - 8/10
11. Missed Messages - 7.5/10
12. Dagon - 6/10
13. Final Fantasy Rebirth - 10/10
14. Terror at Oakheart - 8/10
15. Guardians of the Galaxy - 7.5/10
16. Granblue Fantasy - 8/10
17. Halo - 7.5/10
18. Stalked - 7.5/10
19. Mercs - 7 / 10
20. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - 10/10

Rebirth is my GOTY so far. Not sure anything will beat it for me. High hopes for Silent Hill 2.

Go_Ly_Dow

1. Lake - 6/10.
2. Alan Wake 2 - 8.5/10.
3. Vampire Survivors - 8/10
4. Halls of Torment - 7/10
5. Witch's House MV - 8/10
6. Resident Evil 2 Remake (Claire) - 10/10
7. Death Must Die - 8/10
8. Last of Us 2 - 9/10
9. Livestream: Escape from Hotel Izanami - 7.5/10
10. Twin Mirror - 8/10
11. Missed Messages - 7.5/10
12. Dagon - 6/10
13. Final Fantasy Rebirth - 10/10
14. Terror at Oakheart - 8/10
15. Guardians of the Galaxy - 7.5/10
16. Granblue Fantasy - 8/10
17. Halo - 7.5/10
18. Stalked - 7.5/10
19. Mercs - 7 / 10
20. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - 10/10

Rebirth is my GOTY so far. Not sure anything will beat it for me. High hopes for Silent Hill 2.
I think it will surprise a few judging by footage this year.

There will no doubt be controversy around certain character designs though.

lachesis

Gold Member
1st 5 month of this year went to Tears of Kingdom (Switch). Took 1 year to beat that game.

Then moved onto
Persona 3 Reloaded (XSX - Gamepass)
Resident Evil Village (PS5)
Pampas and Selene (PC/Steam Deck)

Currently working on
Persona 3 Reloaded: Episode Aigis

For remainder of this year, hoping to buy and play some of below

Ys X: Nordics (most likely PC/Steam Deck)
Metaphor: reFantasia (most likely PC/Steam Deck)
Unicorn Overlord (most likely Switch)
Resident Evil 4 Remake (most likely PC/Steam Deck)
Stella Blade (PS5)

New 2024 games:
Stellar Blade (multiple times)
Astro Bot
Tekken 8 (all SP content and reached purple rank last time I played online)
Rise of the Ronin
GranBlue Phantasy Relink
Alone in the Dark (all endings)
Contra Operation Galuga
Haunted Castle Revisited (Dominus Collection)
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (considered putting this in replays/remasters, but it's technically a remake)
Silent Hill: The Short Message 👎

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree (multiple times + full replay of base game)

First time with pre 2024 games:
Astro's Playroom
Final Fantasy VII Remake (not first time playing, but first time finally finishing it)
Grand Theft Auto V (same as FF7 Remake)
Destroys All Humans remake
inFamous First Light
Final Vendetta
Wanted: Dead 👎
Evil West 👎
Saints Row Reboot, co-op with friend 👎(we at least had a good time laughing at it)

Replays/Remasters/Ports:
Cuphead (expert difficulty)
Timesplitters Future Perfect
Timeplitters 2
Sleeping Dogs DE
Red Dead Redemption + Undead Nightmare
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Streets of Rage 4 co-op with friend
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, main game + Albus Mode (Dominus Collection)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, main game + Julius Mode (Dominus Collection)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, main game + Richter Mode (Dominus Collection)
Haunted Castle (Dominus Collection), first time I ever forced myself to finish this.
The Punisher (MvC Collection)
Mystic Warriors (arcade archives)
Mega Turrican (Turrican Flash Back Collection)
Super Turrican (Turrican Flashback Collection)
Super Turrican 2 (Turrican Flashback Collection)
Splatterhouse (arcade archives)
Did a Souls series replay after Elden Ring (Demon's Souls, DS1-3, Bloodborne, and Sekiro).

Need to finish Destroy All Humans 2 Reprobed, and unflush Rebirth since I'm in chapter 12 as they're the 2 games I'm off and on with I'm closest to beating.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Here’s my list (with ratings) for 2024. Been doing this since I think 2011?

Beaten games of 2024

Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) 1/2 🔟
OutRun (Arcade) 1/2 9️⃣
Ghouls n’ Ghosts (Arcade) 1/8 8️⃣
Ridge Racer Type 4 (PS1) 1/14 7️⃣
Altered Beast (Arcade/AP) 1/15 5️⃣
Espgaluda (Arcade) 1/magfest 8️⃣
Joe & Mac (GB/AP) 1/25 5️⃣
Cuphead + DLC (Switch) 2/11 🔟
Bonk’s Adventure (PCE) 2/10 8️⃣
Felix the Cat (GB/AP) 2/13 7️⃣
Mr Chin’s Gourmet Paradise (GB/AP) 2/145️⃣
Wendy: Every Witch Way (GBC/AP) 2/15 7️⃣
Mario vs Donkey Kong (Switch) 3/9 8️⃣
Marble It Up Ultra (Switch) 3/17 8️⃣
Alien vs Predator (Arcade/AP) 3/31 7️⃣
Parappa the Rapper (PS1) (Cool) 4/23 8️⃣
Saturn Bomberman (Saturn) 5/23 8️⃣
Lords of Thunder (Saturn) 5/27 8️⃣
Sonic Advance (GBA/AP) 6/1 6️⃣
Super Mario Land (NSO) 6/5 9️⃣
Mario Maker 2 - 1K clears (Switch) 7/8 9️⃣
Call of Duty: MWIII (XSX) 8/8 8️⃣
Castle of Illusion (Gen) 8/17 7️⃣
Pico Park 2 (Switch) 8/28 8️⃣
Astro’s Playroom (PS5) 9/5 9️⃣
Astro Bot (PS5) 9/15 🔟

I give reviews for all of these games in the 52 Games thread linked above.

I’m currently working on Super Mario Eclipse, CV Order of Ecclesia, and trying to clear the final EX levels in the new Monkey Ball.

Last edited:

Fess

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III
Fun! Hadn’t played a CoD since 360 launch, saw it pop up on Gamepass and thought it was about time to see how the IP had evolved. Ended up plowing through the whole campaign in two sittnings, really enjoyed it, played a lot better than I thought it would. Way too short, think it took me 7 hours. But it really ignited my interest in the IP, now I’m suddenly looking forward to Black Ops 6 after sleeping on the IP for 2 decades. 8️⃣

Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II
Very linear but all in all I loved it, first movie game that actually felt like a movie game. Movies is a big interest of mine so for me it was a good fit even though I understand the criticism elsewhere. The combat was fantastic, in the dark caves late game they were pure adrenaline, so cool. Was just too short, took me 11 hours. Didn’t like the puzzles and the linearity made it impossible to replay and dropped the score one point for me after finishing it when I went back to try get all achievemebts. Sadly it bombed and we’ll never see another one. 8️⃣

ELDEN RING - Shadow of the Erdtree
If I can choose an expansion then this is my GOTY (Still playing Astro Bot…). Annoying final boss (now nerfed) and some surprisingly empty areas aside, this is as good as games can get. This DLC is good enough to stand on it’s own as if it’s a proper sequel. Absolute masterpiece. I drop one point from the top score because I can’t replay it without going through the base game first. They should’ve made it possible to jump in with a default character reborn by Rennala, 3 different starter levels; 80, 130, 150. 9️⃣

Last edited:
1. Lumines - Well didn't really beat it but got far enough. Fun puzzle game with a good soundtrack.
2. Super Mario RPG - Pretty good but I don't think it holds up that well, certainly doesn't compare to Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games.
3. Paper Mario - Withstands the test of time, one of my favorite RPGs ever.
4. Crisis Core: FF7 Reunion - Actually pretty great, though a bit monotonous. Fun way to pick up Zack's story and more time spent in the world of FF7.
5. FF7 Rebirth - My GOTY, felt like a modern day equivalent of how FF7 and other huge RPGs made me feel back in the days of the PS1. Truly excellent sequel.
6. Helldivers 2 - I initially loved this game and forgave its problems, but over time I've soured on it. I can't believe the game is still as broken as it is, and it hasn't added any meaningful content.
7. Minit - Very cool premise, but completely underutilized and very forgettable.
8. Animal Well - A truly rare "open world" puzzle game. I love the freedom and lack of direction the game gives. I really enjoyed this and hope it wins indie GOTY.
9. Disco Elysium - Started out a bit dull and confusing, but by the end I really loved the story and characters. Excellent CRPG with a super unique flair.
10. The Last Guardian - Trico was love, but I only liked the game. Still worth experiencing but not a life changing game like SotC was.
11. Paper Mario: TTYD Remake - My favorite game of the year, because it's one of my favorite games of all time. Pure joy.
12. Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree - Awesome DLC that ended in frustration. Still excellent and more content to the best souls game is never a bad thing.
13. Gravity Rush Remastered - Frustrating controls and rushed ending, but the world building was done well and I loved the unique gameplay. Rush around the edges but made me excited to play GR2 soon.
14. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - Way better than I could have hoped. One of the best visual novels out there with an excellent story and OST. I even loved the RTS (more like ATB) mech/kaiju battles. Underappreciated and made me an instant fan of Vanillaware.

ToneyJ

Stellar Blade: An amazing AAA debut for Shift Up. Instantly cracked my top 3 "character action" games of all time. It's fun, challenging, chill, sexy, badass, and has tons of epic moments. Feels like a game from the 00s in the best way, from a time when game developers just wanted games they thought were cool and didn't give a fuck about pleasing everyone. It had its flaws for sure, but I just enjoyed it so much. My personal GOTY. 9️⃣

Astro Bot: Sony can make games that are as good as Nintendo games when they let their Japan teams cook. Who would have thought? I give it a perfect score because it's an amazing platformer, is beautiful, charming, has tons of fanfare, and I think the dev team achieved everything they set out to do. This is the game that deserves GOTY at the Game Awards. 🔟

Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth: a game with so many strong qualities like excellent combat, art style, art design, music, character performances. Unfortunately, it's dragged down heavily by boring open world content, at times frustrating bosses, immature storytelling, pacing issues and some horrendous main quests. I wanted to love it more, but truthfully I was bored half of the time. Some amazing moments and fights, but I can't see myself ever replaying it unfortunately. 7️⃣

Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2: This game had great presentation and some strong visuals, but otherwise I found it very mediocre. The mission/encounter design was Anthem/Destiny-esque, the combat was repetitive and the enemy variety was near non-existent. Gun Combat and Melee Combat didn't feel nearly as good as Gears of War and God of War 2018 respectively. 5️⃣

Last edited:

sigmaZ

Games Completed

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

Glad I played it. It was a nice metroidvania, bland at times, but a fun game game.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Great follow up to the last. Great to see the old cast and the general gameplay was fun. They story cinematics were really professionally done and the graphics looked fantastic on my PC. That ending too got me. Currently my GotY

Star Ocean 2 Remake
I bought it last year, but finished it this year. It was great to replay a game that I loathed when I was younger that fixed all the issues I had and really let the vision of the original devs to shine without handwear restrictions.

FF7 Rebirth

I mostly enjoyed my experience with the game, but a few things soured the experience:
-Constant audio issues like audio cutting out when the characters are interacting,etc.
-Terrain being too rough in some areas and making transversion a bit cumbersome.
-Recycled mini-games like the moogle one
-Dumb Nomura-esque story additions that ruined an outwise well performed story.
-The mansion.
-The last dungeon and ending. Same issues as Remake.
-The music... Don't get me wrong. Quality-wise it's fantastic, but they just throw around the OG music like it's sprinkles. They really don't work like actually area or character themes like the original. Actually, I found that given the pace of the movement and gameplay, Hamauzu's tracks were far better and elevated parts of the game where they took the forefront. They did Cosmo Canyon (the town)'s theme justice though.

SMT V: Vengeance
This game fixed all the issues I had with the original and got me to stick through to the end and thoroughly enjoy my experience. While the character designs were cool, the direction of the story scenes were really amateur and bland, so I kind of waded through those after awhile.

Games Abandoned

Ghost of Tsushima

Great general gameplay, and beautiful aesthetic and UI, but I've played enough open world games for now.

Palworld
I tried my best to get into this, but I'm not into the whole crafting aspect. I like doing that kind of thing IRL, but in-game it feels like a waste of time and mental resources. I prefer to focus on overcoming immediate treats and puzzles and the like, so it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Dragons Dogma 2
I ended up refunding this. Another game that isn't for me. Just felt dull, bland, and same-samey. The environments or design wasn't interesting enough to pull me into exploration either.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
I literally would fall asleep every time I tried playing this, so I just gave up. lol

Oh Hold

The Legend of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak

I like the gameplay and the PC version runs and looks great, but with Ys V around the corner, I'm not sure I can stomach two soy Falcom games back to back.

DeepSpace5D

So only beaten right, not played.

1. God of War: Ragnarok - 8.5/10
2. Team Sonic Racing - 6.5/10
3. Spider-Man 2 - 8/10
4. The Evil Within - 8/10
5. MediEvil - 8/10
6. Transistor - 9/10
7. Inside - 9.5/10
8. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen - 9/10
9. Wild Arms - 7/10
10. Grounded - 9/10
11. Daxter - 7/10
12. Vampire Survivors - 8/10
13. Astro Bot - 9.5/10
14. Destiny 2: The Final Shape - 8/10
15. Crypt of the Necrodancer - 10/10

Some of those I’ve beaten before but I beat them again in 2024.

Last edited:

Jesb

RE3
RE Village
RE4 Remake

That’s it I think. I’m working on outlaws right now. But it’ll be a grind. Game is boring. Been thinking of dropping it and continue with prince of Persia and avatar.

Tomb raider (pc)
Rise of the tomb raider (pc)
Yakuza 0 (pc)
Yakuza kiwami (pc)
Halo masterchief collection (pc)
Ff15 (pc)
Lost in random (pc)
hellblade senuas sacrifice (pc)
dead space remastered (pc)
Ff7:Crisis core reunion (pc)

Last edited:

FeastYoEyes

Finished:
Selaco - My personal game of the year and it's only in early access.
Trepang2 - did not enjoy my time with this. It's pretty and cool to slow down time but gets tedious after a few levels.
Starfield - what a disappointment. I am hoping the dlc adds some extra flavour to the game. Main issue is lack of reasons to explore and the companions are no fun to spend time with.
Callisto Protocol - I got about half way through the game when it came out and dropped it. It runs a lot better on PC and I had a great time with it divorced from the expectations it had on release. Still have the DLC to do
Animal Well - tore through this one and was not satisfied with the ending. The post game egg gathering was too tedious for me.
Doom Eternal (replay) - aging like fine wine.

I have a bunch that I've enjoyed and gotten about 75 percent of the way through. I hope to finish these before the end of the year:
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - never played this after not enjoying rise much but I like this one a lot more. Feels a lot more in line with the first and the graphics are incredible.
Atomic Heart - can't believe I dropped this over the VO last year. The story is actually incredible and the level design is worth it on its own.
Vanquish - some great mid 2000s nostalgia with flavors of Gears of War.

Last edited:

Elios83

Finished:
Yakuza Infinite Wealth
FF7 Rebirth
Tomb Raider 1&2 in the classics collection
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade
Black Myth Wukong
Astrobot

Not finished/abandoned:
Immortality
Pentiment

Bought but in the backlog:
Persona 3 Remake
Dragon's Dogma 2
Ace Attorney Apollo Justice collection
Hi Fi Rush

Last edited:
Played in this order from my profiles

Gotham Knights
Roboquest
Redfall
Fallout 76 (played a ton.)
Wo Long
Witcher 3
Payday 3
Diablo 4
Hellblade 2
Baldurs Gate 3
Metro Exodus
System Shock

Metroid Dread
LOZ Skyward Sword.

Last edited:

Rising_Hei

Finished games (loved them all, I don't finish games I don't):
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Elden Ring
No One Wants To Die
Hades

Games I want to play / finish:
Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance
Metaphor: ReFantazio
Star Ocean 2nd
Astrobot
Dragon Ball Sparking Zero
Final Fantasy XVI
Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
Been a productive year so far. I'm trying to reach 52 for the backlog thread. With some newer stuff thrown in.

These are all in order from where I started in January up to now.

uzJDPnG.jpeg

Top Bottom