• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games You’ve Beaten in 2024

drganon

So far...

Disgaea 7
Jedi Survivor
Persona 5 Tactica
Like a dragon Gaiden
Crisis Core Reunion
Persona 3 reload
Unicorn Overlord
One piece odyssey
Like a dragon infinite wealth
La noire remastered
Dusk
Ff7 rebirth
Red dead redemption
Smt v vengeance
Devil in me
Visions of mana
Trails to azure

1. Baldur's Gate III: C (Steam)
2. AI The Somnium Files: C (Switch)
3. Code Vein: A (Steam)
4. Metal Gear Rising Revengance: A (Steam)
5. Unicorn Overlord: A (Switch)
6. Eiyuden Chronicles: A (Steamdeck OLED)
7. Visions of Mana: A (Steamdeck OLED)

And I'm done with gaming this year

SHA

All on xbox

1. Immortals Of Aveum
2. 4 Remake
3. Mass Effect Legendary Edition
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Godfall Ultimate Edition
6. Tales From The Borderlands
7. New Tales From The Borderlands
8. The Walking Dead The Final Season
9. The Evil Within 2
10. Skyrim
11. Cyberpunk 2077

Still trying to beat

12. Scarlet Nexus
13. Palworld
14. New Vegas
15. Fallout 3
16. Megaman Zero /ZX Lagacy Collection
17. Doom+2 a new version
18. Battlefield 4
19. Battlefield Hardline
20. Borderlands The Pre-Sequel!
21. Elden Ring
22. Outriders
23. Ion Fury
24. Rise of the Triad Ludicrous Edition
25. Dying Light

Not done yet
Am I behind?

Last edited:

Dafegamer

1. Astro Bot

The best Nintendo game not made by Nintendo, I didn't think it was possible for a non Nintendo Platformer to ever approach Mario levels but here I we are. Game impresses with it's pixel perfect platforming and imaginative Level Design, it's probably one of the best games I've ever played based on moment-to-moment gameplay. Character controls are buttery smooth and the Soundtrack is very great, Composed by the Talented Kenny Young of LittleBigPlanet fame,
Earworms and humming to the sounds is very inevitable. It's one of the those Games that are near perfect, if I had to find some flaws it would be that the main game could be a bit on the easier side for veterans looking for a overall challenging game, but it isn't Kirby so there's nothing to worry about for overall Challenge. There's also the optional Challenge Level for more hardcore players that are well balanced apart from two trial and error levels. I want the Games to ditch the PlayStation Branding for Future sequels and build upon their own Worlds and characters. A deeper moveset for Astro can also elevate a classic even more in a sequel. Overall a 9.6/10 almost a masterpiece with some minor nitpicks

2. Evil Within

A good game by Shinji Mikami, although it feels like a less ambitious Resident Evil 4. I love Survival Horror tho, and you can't go wrong with this title. Very challenging too
8/10

3. Evil Within 2

Funny, compared to the first which felt like Resident Evil 4, this one surprisingly feels like the Last of Us, just with a clearly smaller budget all things considered. Even the zombie like Enemies gave me Clicker vibes. Good game, some great Boss fights and Monsters inspired by Japanese mythology, Open World-ish approach to Survival Horror is a very interesting concept. Made me want to see if Capcom is willing to take the same risks with future Resident Evil titles.
8.4/10

I suffered from a severe seizure in January which literally wiped out some of my memory and left me hospitalized for almost 2 Months. Due to that I couldn't play/finish much games this year but these are the ones I've played and their current rankings

Games I've played but haven't finished yet

4. Black Myth: Wukong

Oof another victim of his Hype(imo of course)
When I saw the gameplay footage over the years I thought it looked awesome with it's Graphics and Combat, what I didn't expect is how linear it is, exploration is barely rewarding, the stupid invisible walls also kinda take you out of the gameplay. Early footage actually made it seem like an open world game or at least more open than it is. For the ones who want to play, don't expect the freedom of From Software games(multiple paths, open worldish metroidvania level design) or even the combat depth and you're good to go. I haven't finished it yet due to loss of interest but from what I've played it's closer to a 7 than a 9. I'm planning to restart it soon, I'll also admit that souls like aren't my games currently so maybe I will enjoy it more at another time 7.5/10

5. Prey

I always wanted to try this out but wasn't able to until recently when I saw it on PS+
Very great game actually, which surprised me. I'm a big fan of System Shock/BioShock like games and this game is ticking all the right boxes. Extremely challenging at the beginning but you notice how stronger your character gets over the game once you lvl up the stats and get more weapons and abilities which is a great feeling of accomplishment. Still the Game is not for the faint hard, very very challenging even on normal difficulty(playing it on hard right now btw). You'll spend the first hrs mostly relying on stealth or avoiding encounters entirely. I'm 40hrs in but haven't seen everything yet. I don't know if its due to my abilities as a Gamer but this seems a very meaty game. So far I'd rate it an 8.6/10

6. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Well well one of the games of all time according to critics. I must admit during launch I played a bit at a friend's house but wasn't really feeling it. The combat felt strange, that was the only reason. So years later I finally give it another try and I must say I'm enjoying it way more this time. The Open World actually feels great and I'm getting used to the Combat. The writing and missions are also very good. Currently only 5hrs in tho, but If it keeps this at this pace, I can see the game scoring in the 9s for me

NeonDelta

on ps5
  • Last of Us Part 2 Remastered
  • Animal Well
  • Star Wars Jedi Survivor
  • Humanity
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake
  • Last of us part 1 remake
  • Death stranding

On ipad
  • World of goo 1
On steam deck