• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

games you wish would get announced

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Loki said:
A Flashback (Genesis) sequel which stayed true to all its best elements (atmosphere, futuristic milieu, precise mechanics which had to be mastered etc.)

They made a sequel to Flashback. It was called Fade to Black and it was in full 3D. I'm not sure how close it recreates the atmosphere, milieu, and mechanics but it exists. It's got a 74% on GameRankings.com so its by no means a terrible game. Its on the PC and PSX.

Loki

Count of Concision
JC10001 said:
They made a sequel to Flashback. It was called Fade to Black and it was in full 3D. I'm not sure how close it recreates the atmosphere, milieu, and mechanics but it exists. It's got a 74% on GameRankings.com so its by no means a terrible game. Its on the PC and PSX.

I'm aware of that; I specifically meant a 2-d sequel, if only because 3-d mechanics haven't progressed to the point where I feel it could accurately replicate the tightness of that game's control scheme and the learning curve. I should have been clearer. :)

Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 OR Saga Remake
Skies of Arcadia 2
Final Fantasy VII-2 OR VII Remake
Street Fighter IV
Street of Rage 4
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (2d gameplay, graphics don't have to be)

All current gen games I want sequels to are going to come out.

Semjaza Azazel said:
That sounds awesome... but how would it work? Just co-op like the original? Four players or something?
At least four players, and you wouldn't be restricted by staying within the screen, since it'd be an online title.

Advance Wars GC (turn based strategy - rips elements from Nectaris/MM, most likely zone of control and unit experience)

Fire Emblem VIII and IX for a US release

The DS launch line up.

Seriously Nintendo, its only a few months away. Would it hurt that much to loosen the tongue a bit?

Shadowrun for Xbox or GBA
Mother I&II GBA for North America
Actraiser GBA port
Final Fantasy VI GBA port
Illusion of Gaia GBA port
Vegas Stakes GBA port

The usual. :)

(oh, and a GTA game for GC or Revolution, if only to watch hell freeze)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Helluva lota NDS love around here. Dig it.

I shall add to the love with my most wanted (to be announced) title...Herzog Zwei DS

After that, I'd love a Starfox DS...hell, Mario Paint DS would be fantastic, too!

PowerSlave 2
NIGHTS2
Burning Rangers 2
Sega Rally 3
Manx TT 2
Armed and Dangerous 2
A new Buffy and Indy game developed by the Collective
Draconus Cult of the Wyrm 2
Enclave 2
A direct sequel to Mario 64
Pilot Wings 3
Daytona U.S.A. 3
Guardian Heroes 2
2D Shinobi game
A sequel to the SNES game-Alien 3,make it 2D once again.
A console remake to Alien vs Predator. Make it a mix of the Jaguar and PC versions.
Serious Sam 3
A sequel to some old school Sega Cd games-Soul Star,Flink.Popful Mail,and Road Avenger,and Time Girl..

"Time Stop!"

:D

john tv

- Dragon Quest Online (the day that releases is the day my social life screeches to a halt)
- Dragon Quest I-VI remakes on GBA (after seeing FFI&II I can only imagine how hot these would be if done right)
- Pokemon Gold/Silver remakes on GBA (LeafGreen is so owning me right now)

I've been realizing lately that I am a BIG fan of remakes. Guess I prefer a lot of older stuff to today's new games... :/

Solid

Final Fantasy III, PSone/PS2
Zone of The Enders 3
Xenosaga Ep 1 & 2 PAL
Shenmue III
Silicon Knights new game

thorns

Banned
Also a decent space sim with next gen graphics (on live preferably, but lack of buttons make space sims difficult on consoles:(

Vagrant Story 2
Fire Emblem 6 and 8 for an US GBA release
Zone of the Enders 3
Suikoden for DS
Suikogaiden 1+2 translated
Warcarft IV

and *drumroll*

a new Mechwarrior game for the PC

GO

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Wizardry - The Summoning (GBA)
Wizardry Sequel (PS2)
FF3 NES Remake (GBA/NDS/PSP)
Punch Out Advance (Remakes of both PO games on one GBA cart)
Phantasy Star IV (GBA)
Phantasy Star V (Any console)
Shining Force 2 (GBA)
Golden Sun 3 (GBA/NDS/GCN)
Ultima X (True Origin/Richard Garriott non-MMORPG effort)
Ultima Underworld III
Advance Wars III (NDS)

And that's just to start...

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Daytona USA 1: Pixel perfect port - 16 players LIVE - FF.
Daytona USA 2: Pixel perfect port - 16 players LIVE - FF.
Scud Race: Pixel perfect port - 16 players LIVE - FF.
Rage Racer 2: improved graphics - 8 players LIVE - FF.
Chrono Trigger III
Dragon Quest V Remix - brought to America
Super Puzzle Fighter II: 2 players online over LIVE
Samurai Shodown compilation ALL arcade perfect and LIVE

Give me these or give me death.

Acrylamid

Memles said:
Banjo-Kazooie 3 (DS)

Mario Party Anthology - All Mini-Games
@B-K 3: You should buy Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (GBA). It lasts only 6 hours until you have collected everything, but gameplay, graphics and music are great! It was worth the 15€ I payed for it.
@Mario Party Anthology: I'm dreaming about this since the release of the cube.
---
Donkey Kong Country 4 - high-res, high-quality 2D graphics with multi-player-mode (4 players control alternative Donkey, Diddy, Dixie and Kiddy)

Vormund

Something I'd love to see:

Street Fighter 1 and 2 with Third Strike graphics and gameplay.

Then all 3 games on one disc, and also a combined mode (which would be like a 4th game) with all the characters and backgrounds, including backgrounds from Next Generation and 2nd Impact.

Parasite Eve 3

Secret of Evermore 2

Teranigma 2

Snes_-_Blackhawk_Bxd.jpg

BlackHawk 2

Isolated Warrior 2
isolatedwarrior.jpg

UN Squadron 2

Sin N Punishment 2

Shiggy

These games are half official:

Animal Crossing 2 (was announced for the GameCube by Nintendo Norway, but most likely it is planned for the Revolution)

New Super Mario Adventure (was announced for the GameCube by Nintendo Norway, but most likely it is planned for the Revolution)

New Pilotwings (was announced for the GameCube by Nintendo Finland, but most likely it is planned for the Revolution)

Silicon Knights Action-Adventure (was announced for the GameCube by Nintendo Norway and will be shown this year)

These games I want now:
1080° DS
Stage Debut DS
Mother 3 DS
Cabbage DS
Wario Land DS
Donkey Kong Racing
A good Kameo - Elements of Power by the old team with the old feautures and the old beautiful graphics for GameCube (not with the ugly new level design!)

A new Super Mario Kart that uses the same graphics but ads tons of new courses and new characters.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 in mind-bending 2D

Super Mario Bros. 5. It's got Mario. It's got Luigi. It's 2D. It's Miyamoto. It's got power-ups. Go from there.

Bionic Commando sequel. In 2D, of course.

A new level-based Castlevania. I love the Metroid-ish games too, but it'd be nice to have another classic 'vania game.

Treasure Compilation. Bangaio, Dynamite Headdy, Guardian Heroes, Alien Soldier, Pulseman, etc etc etc. Make it so.

Mega Man 9. Make the sprites larger, make the action faster-paced, and get rid of the charging buster, it slows the game down. And above all, make it HARD.

Ghouls n Ghosts sequel in 2d. Just make it.

Street Fighter 4 in 2D. It'll never happen, but it'd be nice.

An AM2/AM3 compilation. Virtua Cop, Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter, Daytona, Fighting Vipers, Super GT, and some older arcade hits like Space Harrier and Outrun for the heck of it.

Sonic Team/Saturn compilation with graphical updates to Nights, Sonic R and Burning Rangers. I'd rather see this on the next generation of systems.

An Adventure of Link-styled Zelda game for the GBA. Doesn't have to be a sequel, but I loved the gameplay in this game.

Battletoads for GBA.

john tv said:
- Dragon Quest Online (the day that releases is the day my social life screeches to a halt)
- Dragon Quest I-VI remakes on GBA (after seeing FFI&II I can only imagine how hot these would be if done right)
- Pokemon Gold/Silver remakes on GBA (LeafGreen is so owning me right now)

I've been realizing lately that I am a BIG fan of remakes. Guess I prefer a lot of older stuff to today's new games... :/

...Which is basically like a topic all to itself, but with many games I don't think a remake is a problem. This isn't exactly like the movie industry, where the only difference is 50 million dollars in budget and some SFX guys. A lot of games could genuinely use a remake, and the game would play better for it.

I agree on GS (the best fire pokemon is always Typhlosion, damn it!) and Dragon Quest, but first up in my mind would be Metal Gear 1/2 and TIE Fighter.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Treasure Compilation - Sin & Punishment, Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar, etc

Valkyrie Profile 2 - but fix the time limit system, encourage exploration a bit more

Phantasy Star 5 - Offline, similar to SO3 graphics (but with zoom-in when you talk to people on the town)

Chrono Trigger 3 - Get Horii, Sakaguchi, and Toriyama back... don't have an unnecessarily complex (and nonsensical) plot and 44 characters, most of them useless, like CC, and bring back time travelling!

A new Quintet game

Grandia III

Lunar III - Hasn't this been rumored for years now?

Tengai Makyo V

Ys 7

Xanadu 3

COCKLES

being watched
Enclave II
Speed Devils LiVE

and the squad based Aliens FPSer that EA were developing before they scrapped it - co-op on live would be awesome, with everyone saying the catchphrases "Yeah man...but this is a dry heat!". :D

john tv said:

Portable Dragon Quest remakes would be awesome. They should put the Loto/Edrick trilogy on one cart, and the Heaven trilogy on another. I'd prefer them on the DS to the GBA though.

Lunar 3 & Lufia 3 would also be really cool on any platform.

Soul4ger

jarrod said:
You mean Tengai Makyo: The Apocalypse: The 4th Revelation? That wasn't TM4, in fact TM3 hasn't even released yet....

It was the fourth game. They cancelled NAMIDA on PC-FX but released the fourth game, as a fourth game, on the Saturn.

*Edit* - Sorry about the title change, by the way, I was remembering an old GameFan issue. :p

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jet Force Gemini 2 - if this appears on the Xbox or Microsoft's next console, I will buy it.

Shinobi (GBA) - new and awesome

Shinobi 3 (GBA) - port

Battletoads (GBA) - any

kernel

Pacman Vs 2 with more levels and a level editor.

edit: And maybe a co-op mode where the ghosts can gang up on a computer pacman for when the level of anger in the room gets too high from the competitve multi. And a way to adjust pacman's AI.

jarrod

Banned
Soul4ger said:
It was the fourth game. They cancelled NAMIDA on PC-FX but released the fourth game, as a fourth game, on the Saturn.

*Edit* - Sorry about the title change, by the way, I was remembering an old GameFan issue. :p
Nope it's a gaiden game. And it was actually the 5th Tengai RPG (6th if you count the canned PC-FX TM3). Series list!

PC Engine Super CD
-Tengai Makyo: Ziria (1989) RPG
-Tengai Makyo II: Manjimaru (1992) RPG
-Tengai Makyo: Fuun Kabukiden (1993) RPG

NeGeo MVS
-Tengai Makyou Shinden/Kabuki Clash (1995) fighting

NeGeo AES

NeGeo CD

Super Famicom
-Tengai Makyou Zero (1995) RPG

PC-FX
-Tengai Makyou: Karakuri Kakutoden (1995) adventure
-Tengai Makyo III: Namida (canceled) RPG

Sega Saturn
-Tengai Makyou: Daishi no Mokushiroku: The Apocalypse (1997) RPG

PlayStation

Dreamcast

GameBoy Advance
-Oriental Blue: Ao no Tengai (2003) RPG

GameCube
-Tengai Makyo II: Manjimaru (2003) RPG

PlayStation 2
-Tengai Makyo II: Manjimaru (2003) RPG
-Tengai Makyo III: Namida (2005) RPG

i-Mode
-Mobile Tengai Makyo (2004) RPG

Nintendo DS
-Tengai Makyo (tba) RPG

PSP
-Tengai Makyo (tba) RPG

...blus tons of cameos in other games (Neutopia, Saturn Bomberman, etc). :)

Top Bottom