• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mel.jpg

F-cking Jeff Gertzman ... you're responsible for everything going wrong on the planet. F-cking Gertzman. Hey sugar tits.

andthebeatgoeson

Haha, Wiki is better than you guys.

If a page is protected because of an edit war, please do not ask for it to be protected in some other version than it currently is. A protection is not an endorsement of the current version. Instead, go to the talk page and attempt to resolve the dispute. Non-admins can propose changes to protected pages on the talk page.

They have a way to protect pages. Their log:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jeff_Gerstmann&action=history
Fess up guys before the Wiki people come for you. 'Edit wars'? Haha.

IcedTea

lollerskates said:
funny how mario sunshine came out and got 9's and 10's everywhere, but gamespot gave it an 8 (was it gertsmann?) and people went ballistic and accused them of taking payouts

but in retrospect, their 8.0 Sunshine score was the one that has stood the test of time and most people agree with it now

this seems a lil like the same situation to me
6/10

not bad.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Better than I could have imagined.

Keep going, buddies. I love Akaliine's condemnation of Jeff's fatness. Who can top that?

jett

D-Member
The only good thing that will come out of this thread is that 50% of GAF's nintendo community will get hit by the banstick.

Dizzy

Banned
What's with all the excuses? :lol:

Was this guy unreliable when he gave OOT a 10?

Just accept that to him, it felt a little too similar to previous games, it had a few little problems. It's not the end of the world, just one guys opinion. The fact that some people are resorting to personal insults about him just shows that some people take this whole thing far too seriously.

First introduced in Metal Gear as Gamespot's commanding officer and leader of FOXHOUND, a high-tech special forces unit founded by the United States government. Initially, Gerstmann helps Snake through the wireless radio, serving as a guide in Snake's mission to infiltrate Outer Heaven, the terrorist organization in the game. By the end of the game, Jeff Gerstmanns' true nature is revealed as the leader of Outer Heaven, and confronts Snake as the final boss. Jeff Gerstmann continued his antagonistic role in the sequel, Metal Gear 2: ZELDA SUX, where he confronts Miyamoto for the second and final time.

Jeff Gerstmanns’ legacy plays a major role in the back story for the sequels Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Majora's mask was shit. Jeff Gerstmanns' origins are explored in the prequel Metal Gear Solid 3: Cock Eater and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: Portable Fag.

Also this is completely worth getting banned from wikipedia for.

YEAH DUDE, IT IS! :D

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Oh my. 8.8.

The only thing that can top that (and let me predict a 1000 post thread is in the words here), is if Halo 3 got a 7.9.

Just look at all the MS and Sony fanboys on Gamespot/Gamefaqs forums, they're having a field day right now because of his review.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff Gerstmann is a god you panzies ,his word is absolute,he is the only man in the business to have the balls to to speak the truth and the truth is that zelda sucks.

Just kidding :p , damn you jeff

Defcon

Banned
Cerrius said:
I applaud Jeff for being the only reviewer to have the balls to stand up to Nintendo and their moronic "fans".

Jeff just got major respect points from me

real talk

I bet I don't even need to search through your posts to guess you are an Xbot. Sony fans are a bit more sublte in their trolling.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Do The Mario said:
Guys it is just a ****in review, go out and have some sex or something because this thread is kind of sad
Oooh trying to sound cool on GAF major respect+1 gj dude

Alkaliine said:
Just look at all the MS and Sony fanboys on Gamespot/Gamefaqs forums, they're having a field day right now because of fatty's reivew.

Let em. We'll all be around next Xmas after MGS4 and Halo 3 hits the rounds

0 HP

Cerrius said:
I applaud Jeff for being the only reviewer to have the balls to stand up to Nintendo and their moronic "fans".

real talk
CHUUCH NIGGA IN THE STREETS THEY AINT FEELIN THIS SHIT EITHER

I'm glad this fool did this... Gamespot deserves the flames... after seeing that fool sit to play Wii Bowling then sit again to play Wii Golf - flames well deserved

ShinNL

Pedobear said:
Nope. It's still being edited :lol

First introduced in Metal Gear as Gamespot's commanding officer and leader of FOXHOUND, a high-tech special forces unit founded by the United States government. Initially, Gerstmann helps Snake through the wireless radio, serving as a guide in Snake's mission to infiltrate Outer Heaven, the terrorist organization in the game. By the end of the game, Jeff Gerstmanns' true nature is revealed as the leader of Outer Heaven, and confronts Snake as the final boss. Jeff Gerstmann continued his antagonistic role in the sequel, Metal Gear 2: ZELDA SUX, where he confronts Miyamoto for the second and final time.

Jeff Gerstmanns’ legacy plays a major role in the back story for the sequels Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Majora's mask was shit. Jeff Gerstmanns' origins are explored in the prequel Metal Gear Solid 3: Cock Eater and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: Portable Fag.

Also this is completely worth getting banned from wikipedia for.
Seen this a couple of times... so awesome :lol

lexi

Banned
The tears of Nintendo fanboys and the cum of Sony/MS fanboys spliced together to form a genetic composition of Gerstmann.

Nutter

Cerrius said:

real talk
:lol :lol :lol

Right on Cerrius Right ON!!

Wait.. you just called me a moronic fan. :[ F U BITCH!

Carlisle

Weird. Gamespot was always my safe haven. It was always the one place on the internet that shared my general opinons on games. I've always been able to trust what they say.

I guess nothing lasts forever. It was a good run while it lasted though.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Matt's review is coming at 6: 30 Pacific.

Matt: I saw that score.
Matt: Er, let's just say I don't agree.

MATT IT'S ALL UP TO YOU NOW!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Zerodoppler said:
So no video review for this title, or will it go up later?
I think it is safe to say gerstmann doesn't want to do ANY video reviews for Wii games.

Busty

Banned
commish said:
Oh my. 8.8.

The only thing that can top that (and let me predict a 1000 post thread is in the words here), is if Halo 3 got a 7.9.

Don't tease me. That would be too perfect. Like EuroGamer giving Resistance a 7 or GOW an 8 would stop me picking up either game.

I like and respect both Eurogamer and their respective reviews but neither would stop me picking up any of those games.

In a strange way, a game that I like the look of getting a 6 or 7 in the mainstream press appeal to me even more.

I mean, I do it with films, (Brick was the best film of 2006 by far) so why not games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom