• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GBA Accessories on DS...

cvxfreak

If old, sorry. :D

Will the e-Reader, GBA Link Cable, GameCube-GameBoy Advance Link Cable, Wireless Adapter, and now Capcom's Rockman EXE 4.5 Battlechip Gate work with the DS? Has anyone who played the DS at some point or another looked to see if there were the appropriate ports for these objects?

BuddyC

Yea, the port is there...I believe. That's the only way it can be backwards compatible with GBA Link Up Cable.

xsarien

daedsiluap
If Nintendo was smart, the non-802.11x wireless technology that's in the DS is simply just an integrated version of the GBA wireless adapter.

impirius

Has it been confirmed that it's backwards-compatible with the GBA's Gamecube link? I already traded in my GBA toward a DS, and I'm going to be crushed if I can't play multiplayer in Zelda:FSA and FF:CC.

Deku Tree

impirius said:
Has it been confirmed that it's backwards-compatible with the GBA's Gamecube link? I already traded in my GBA toward a DS, and I'm going to be crushed if I can't play multiplayer in Zelda:FSA and FF:CC.

That's my question. I'm gonna play multi FF:CC with my GF if I can get the DS working with the link cable

I wouldn't place bets on the link port in from the GBA being on the DS. It may be, but we also assumed that it would play GBA and GBC games. Nintendo may not put much of an emphasis on all the features being present as it is supposedly "not a Game Boy."

Of course, if it is not compatible and you've sold your GBA already, I'm sure GBAs will get quite cheap when the DS comes out.

jarrod

Banned
From what I understand DS' 2nd wireless protocol is the same as the GBA wireless adapter.... I also think in an interview Perrin Kaplan mentioned that DS couldn't be used in place of a GBA for connectivity based stuff with GameCube.

Deku Tree

jarrod said:
From what I understand DS' 2nd wireless protocol is the same as the GBA wireless adapter.... I also think in an interview Perrin Kaplan mentioned that DS couldn't be used in place of a GBA for connectivity based stuff with GameCube.

That really stinks!

I imagine that it would be very easy for them to sell a wireless adaptor to plug into a GC controller port (like with the wavebird) and have the DS function as a connectivity device.

I've wanted to play multi- FF:CC, multi- FSA and Pac Man Vs. with my GF for a while but I'm not willing to buy extra hardware to do it and I thought this might be my chance... bummer.

jarrod

Banned
Deku Tree said:
I've wanted to play multi- FF:CC, multi- FSA and Pac Man Vs. with my GF for a while but I'm not willing to buy extra hardware to do it and I thought this might be my chance... bummer.
Then just make her buy a GBA. ;)

And Pac-Man Vs only needs one GBA iirc.

Hans

BuddyChrist83 said:
Yea, the port is there...I believe.
No, unless they have changed it. From IGN Pocket:
"The port next to the cart slot is the AC adapter. It is not a Game Boy Advance link port. The Nintendo DS system does not currently have a link port to play existing GBA games in multiplayer mode."

sexy-hands-on-nintendo-ds-images-20040521010405709-000.jpg

BuddyC

Hans said:
No, unless they have changed it. From IGN Pocket:
"The port next to the cart slot is the AC adapter. It is not a Game Boy Advance link port. The Nintendo DS system does not currently have a link port to play existing GBA games in multiplayer mode."

sexy-hands-on-nintendo-ds-images-20040521010405709-000.jpg
Ah, I see. Thanks.

Top Bottom