• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GBA Astroboy rant - Spoiler inside

Okay, I love this game but Pluto in stage 7 - 5 during the "Rebirth" phase is FUCKING DIFFICULT! I already maxed out all my abilities except "Shot" and "Jet" and I don't think I am a weak sauce but it took me more than one hour to get pass this asshole. I can't beat this guy if I got hit by anyone of his 3 speical attacks because it could take away at least 1/3 or 3/4 of my life. I could only get away with a few hits from his "charge" pose before the red or blue lasers shoot from his horns. The difficult is to uncalled for. I haven't been this frustrated with a game since VJ and NG...

Aside from this Pluto my ass, this game is pure gaming joy. I specially loved the way characters are unlock and the intrigue of the story. Love it.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
my pluto strategy:

actually he only has one move you need to worry about: the tornado spin when he's on the ground. that move can interrupt your combos or hit you when you're in recovery from the arm cannon. all you really have to do is attack him in such a way as to avoid the ground tornado.

at the very beginning of the fight, keep your distance - he may use the ground tornado. if he does, dash away.

mainly, you'll attack when he jumps up and does an air tornado. time a jumping punch so you hit him exactly as he comes out of the tornado, then chain an arm cannon onto that one punch, then immediately dash away. if you don't have any meter, just finish a 4 hit combo instead of using the arm cannon, and then immediately dash away (this is a good way to build meter). if you time it right, he won't be able to hit you with the ground tornado.

if he fires the missiles, just dash behind pluto, and use the arm cannon if you want to.

when he uses the orange beam, jump into his chest, throw one or two punches, chain into the arm cannon, and then dash away. don't use the arm cannon too late, or he'll hit you with the ground tornado while you're recovering. he'll also hit you with the ground tornado if you stay too near him when he ends the move.

when he uses the purple beam. dash behind him and hit him with a bunch of combos and the arm cannon. again, if you use the arm cannon too late he'll have a chance to hit you with the ground tornado. be sure to jump and dash away from him before he finishes the move.

he'll also headbutt you sometimes. this can interrupt your combos, but it does very little damage. don't worry about it.

with this strategy, i can sometimes beat him without taking any damage, and it's more efficient than using the machine gun frequently.

Top Bottom