• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geist = $39.99 @ Fry's (bomb bomb)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/RopAds.aspx?adv=32664&cat=49

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8412449.gif.gif

also, some prices that were in yesterday's ad

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/RopAds.aspx?adv=32664&ad=1920364

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8410413.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8410414.gif.gif
39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8410415.gif.gif

Ironclad

Make Geist about 15 bucks cheaper and I will pick it up without hesitation. My Fry's has a whole bunch of LoI lying around, I'll go pick that up if it's only $10.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Well, after Killer7.... (which, by the way, still boggles my mind with its brilliance. One of the best games/stories Ive ever played. RE4 and K7 has been a hell of a one-two GC punch)

I need my Gamecube Mature fix, haha.
I'll get it, why not. It was fun at E3, and lets not forget the mutliplayer mode!

But my question before...
Is that $39 in-store only?
Cause the online site says $49

tenchir

John Harker said:
Well, after Killer7.... (which, by the way, still boggles my mind with its brilliance. One of the best games/stories Ive ever played. RE4 and K7 has been a hell of a one-two GC punch)

I need my Gamecube Mature fix, haha.
I'll get it, why not. It was fun at E3, and lets not forget the mutliplayer mode!

But my question before...
Is that $39 in-store only?
Cause the online site says $49

It's usually in-store only.

Tarazet

Sometimes outpost.com has the deals too, but not this time. And unlike Fry's stores themselves, they don't price-match. And Fry's always does this with HOT games, btw, not merely crap. In the past year, I think every highly-anticipated game has been at least $10 off on release day at Fry's and sometimes $15 off.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Geist looks interesting enough and has enough "it's not that bad" impressions and reviews (IGN, Gamespot) that I'd probably get it for $10 or so.

123rl

$40 in America...

Yet it's a £40 game in Britain and it's released later. That's $70. Yep, more proof that NOE suck balls

sonarrat said:
And Fry's always does this with HOT games, btw, not merely crap. In the past year, I think every highly-anticipated game has been at least $10 off on release day at Fry's and sometimes $15 off.

So have tons of shitty games, not to mention many niche/cult titles like Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, and Katamari Damacy. I'm not trying to say anything about Geist one way or another, but the suggestion that Fry's only discounts good, HOT, or mainstream games is ridiculous.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
i liked how putting "bomb bomb" in the thread title garnered more views than if i had omitted it in the title :lol

oh, and killer 7 was $39.99 at Fry's. like 2 weeks after release date though

Wario64 said:
i liked how putting "bomb bomb" in the thread title garnered more views than if i had omitted it in the title :lol

oh, and killer 7 was $39.99 at Fry's. like 2 weeks after release date though

Hm well that IS a bomb, then. :D

Top Bottom