• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Ok, if this is true I might like him. Can catch a glimpse of horns, though.
Good that the ribbon has no erect penises like Yoimiya.
Also, hope he's gonna use EM as primary stat.
Here's a better pic
mttpjo05etr71.jpg

Reactions: Fuz

Saber

Yea I do picture Varka as a free spirited dude that just does whatever, so you might be right. I'm curious to see how they're going to do his mechanical/missing arm. We haven't had any characters like that, and I'm hoping they tie it into his moveset instead of it just being a normal arm with armor over it.

Could be subtle I think, it depends on how they are going to design him. People on reddit love to drool to the idea of a bulky open chest character, but I'm guessing he to be more modest and simplistic in terms of design.
The first example of mechanical arm that comes to mind is the one from Dragon Quest Swords for Wii.

You guys are probably setting yourselves up for disappointment if you think this is anything other than a fujo-bait character like all the others. Genshin can't do anything but obvious pandering.

Pejo

You guys are probably setting yourselves up for disappointment if you think this is anything other than a fujo-bait character like all the others. Genshin can't do anything but obvious pandering.
I think in general people kinda want more guy characters that aren't softbois and poetic types. This game needs some more masculine type dudes. Something like a Dante from DMC.

Then again, this game does pander heavily to fujos at times, so you're probably right.

Pejo

Man I've been listening to the concert in the background while I'm working today. The Ganyu part is so damn good with headphones on.

Fuz

Banned
Man I've been listening to the concert in the background while I'm working today. The Ganyu part is so damn good with headphones on.

I hadn't seen it before, I watched a bit and skimmed through it now.

People were hyped for THIS? :messenger_fearful: And I can't believe the comments.
Guess genshin's fanbase never been at a real concert in their whole life.

BlackM1st

Banned
I hadn't seen it before, I watched a bit and skimmed through it now.

People were hyped for THIS? :messenger_fearful: And I can't believe the comments.
Guess genshin's fanbase never been at a real concert in their whole life.
Bruh. Some of them never left their hometown/basement or tried Italian food despite living in EU. Kids , 14yo feminists and basically unlimited number of random people who are 100% F2P and play GI just because it's free.

• Empathy

YukiOnna

I hope they're releasing some OST pack of it or something so I can buy it. Have been replaying it time to time, as well.
I wonder when the next one will be held.

I don't know, they already exist in the world, as I mentioned in Inazuma they are plenty on the war front or World Quests. It would also be a form of pandering if they had that kind of character archetype. Sara for example is an actual Tengu, so having an Oni warrior or something in that regard could be nice, too.

Last edited:

Saber

I all need is my 2 ladies Xynian and Sacarose. The rest is just healthy discussion, no worries. Its not like it will make any difference to me how he is designed.
I guess I should to be thankfull they didn't touch my girls.

BlackM1st

Banned
OJiUK6M.jpg

Tried to enhance it with phone software.

Results are so so because source is the definition of potato, but it looks like someone's naked belly and some kind of a belt buckle with a smiley Joker / samurai head?

Don't know how I feel about naked belly tbh xD

Pejo

OJiUK6M.jpg

Tried to enhance it with phone software.

Results are so so because source is the definition of potato, but it looks like someone's naked belly and some kind of a belt buckle with a smiley Joker / samurai head?

Don't know how I feel about naked belly tbh xD
Now THAT'S fujo baiting.

Saber

I can't imagine what kind of person can get away with having something like that in their house. There's a level of "i don't give a fuck what people think about me" and then there's owning a dakimakura.

Theres a line we all don't cross.

Saber

It barely ran on PS4 Pro, the fact that they even considered the Switch was the real kicker.

I would say that.
But the way people act not caring about the issues of ported games on Switch in conjuction with that crap selling, it's hard to believe they just canceled.

If anything they could simply port the mobile version with a lot of cuts here and there(bigger loading times too, who doesn't love this) and call it a day. I for one think it's not a good idea as people on Switch tend to look down on games they considered a "copy".

Last edited:

YukiOnna

What? Why? Because of the gambling? No gacha no Genshin, so I can't imagine MiHo giving up on it just to get on Switch. So maybe you're right.
No, I meant like the schedule would have to be different. I don't think they can launch with a 2.6 banner for example.

No, I meant like the schedule would have to be different. I don't think they can launch with a 2.6 banner for example.
I think that's the only option though. Having the Switch version run an entirely different version of the game would mean no compatibility with your pre-existing account. There would be no cross-play or anything.

IMO it's getting less likely the game will ever release on Switch as the months pass. Maybe we'll get a release date for the Switch 2 in a year or two.

BlackM1st

Banned
I don't think they can launch with a 2.6 banner for example.
Who would want to experience Tart's re-runs 2 years later lol DOA.

Maybe we'll get a release date for the Switch 2 in a year or two.

Yeah, but imagine the amount of content that new players would need to unlock by that time before they can experience current events/latest nations and systems. Genshin is fucking giant and has a lot of progression stopping mechanics. Maybe by 2nd anniversary we will finally get some universal upgrade materials/more resin etc.

Plus, without cross play I can't imagine it to be very popular /worthy of spending dev money on.

In the same time I wonder why we still didn't get the controller support on Android.

What about 'Cloud' edition?
This is the most likely option at this point. Don't know if it's worth it for MHY though. They'd have to invest in those servers that can run games. Genshin is an always online title anyway, so it wouldn't be too offensive IMO.
Yeah, but imagine the amount of content that new players would need to unlock by that time before they can experience current events/latest nations and systems. Genshin is fucking giant and has a lot of progression stopping mechanics. Maybe by 2nd anniversary we will finally get some universal upgrade materials/more resin etc.
Yeah but that's true for anyone just starting out, regardless of the platform they're playing on. It's an issue they will have to address soon. New players are going to be so confused when they can't access materials or events. Makes it seem like the devs didn't foresee these issues when they planned their GAAS game that will last several years... The anni would have been a good time to make some of those changes and overhaul some of the game's systems, but alas.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man I desperately need more team slots. The 4 just aren't enough. Why even cap it out at such a small number if they're making us pause the game and go into a menu to switch them around to begin with. Just make like 16 slots or something. I'm still trying to figure out my general team comps with no overlapping characters, think I finally have Tart's comp finalized, but if I want it to be my general all-purpose team I need to use Beidou instead of Shogun for Electro (since she has a claymore to break stuff and mine if needed) and Qiqi instead of Jean (for Electro fatui/other shields and Childe freeze compatibility). It kinda sucks that for general purpose teams, Anemo is always a liability.

Kind of a side-note, but that new Inazuma craftable claymore is damn near perfect for Beidou. I'm going to work on R5'ing it ASAP, if boss drops show me a little luck for prototypes.

Fake

Gold Member
This is the most likely option at this point. Don't know if it's worth it for MHY though. They'd have to invest in those servers that can run games. Genshin is an always online title anyway, so it wouldn't be too offensive IMO.

To be honest, Genshin Impact is far more to believe using Cloud than Kingdom Hearts due to the nature of 'Always Online', not to mention the base PS4 runs very poorly in my experience, IDK how they would archieve good perfomance/visual over Nintendo Switch. Yes, there is a mobile version, but people can tone down the graphics, unlike Nintendo Switch dedicated API.

Top Bottom