• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Banned
I'm committed to next gen now and my PS4 is sold...So the lack of Genshin cross save for the PS4 alone is pissing me off right about now. There's other games that do it so I'm not sure what the holdup is, but it's very annoying.

it is freaking weird for sure. I also lament the lack of a Switch version! the mobile version is just not doing it for me, especially since it has no freaking controller support... like what?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
GS8WMEU.jpg

Pejo

Ok, so for Venti, if I'm not using him for dps, just as an elemental burst swirl death machine, which bow? It seems pretty obvious that I'd want the Stringless for the damage bonus, but having more chances to use the Elemental Skill which gives better recharge seems good, and I could build him as a crit machine also to recharge his Burst. What do you guys think?

byrkWIN.png

baKwBG1.png

rWRnIoU.png

MagnesG

Banned
Ok, so for Venti, if I'm not using him for dps, just as an elemental burst swirl death machine, which bow? It seems pretty obvious that I'd want the Stringless for the damage bonus, but having more chances to use the Elemental Skill which gives better recharge seems good, and I could build him as a crit machine also to recharge his Burst. What do you guys think?

byrkWIN.png

baKwBG1.png

rWRnIoU.png
Use Stringless and artifacts with +20% energy recharge. Also a *3 artifact with energy recharge as a base.

I'm committed to next gen now and my PS4 is sold...So the lack of Genshin cross save for the PS4 alone is pissing me off right about now. There's other games that do it so I'm not sure what the holdup is, but it's very annoying.
You could have waited until you had your PS5 to sell your PS4...

LordOfChaos

You could have waited until you had your PS5 to sell your PS4...

I wanted to sell it before prices dropped with next gen, but regardless of if I did or not, it's still crappy that the PlayStation is the only system with no cross save for it to pick it up somewhere else.

Last edited:

Saber

I almost die because one of the dungeons suggested using geo characters, but the dungeon/challenge has a spam of mages lol

John Day

Been very slow, just reached AR 21. Right now been using MC, Beidou, Ashley/Fischl and Kaeya. Also alternating between Beidou and Razor, to see with who to stick.

sure going slow as fuck thanks to time restraints, but still having a lot of fun. More free games like this please.

Pejo

Been very slow, just reached AR 21. Right now been using MC, Beidou, Ashley/Fischl and Kaeya. Also alternating between Beidou and Razor, to see with who to stick.

sure going slow as fuck thanks to time restraints, but still having a lot of fun. More free games like this please.
There's honestly no reason to rush anything. You already got your free Barbara so the only time gated things are the trials of the current gacha banner characters (that you can do anytime) and this new "event" where you trade items for a mystery box each day. I would argue that you shouldn't do the cap quest at AR25 or AR35 until you're good and ready to, because everything gets 100x more annoying after those AR increases.

Zambatoh

After hitting World Rank 3, this game has really started to piss me off now. I thought I was doing a fairly decent job keeping pace with the leveling system. But now it's like I'm barely scratching enemies at all and they're constantly tossing me around like a ragdoll.

It doesn't seem to matter how much I try to level up my weapon or artifacts or how many elemental chain reactions I trigger rapidly, it's just taking way too long to kill even the most basic enemies in this game and it's really trying my patience.

The gacha has also not been very kind. It keeps giving me the same free characters over and over again. Except for Bennet and Sucrose.

Xiangling is my primary dps and I've been trying to level her blacksmith weapon, but unfortunately it needs a bunch of knives, dropped by agents who very rarely if ever show up anywhere. The artifacts I've given her emphasize her raw attack power, but's it just simply not enough.
The grind is absurd even by collectible-RPG gacha standards and it's really putting me off.
Even FGO never gives me this much trouble. And that's a game I affectionately call Fate/ Grind Order.
This game may not be Pay-2-Win, but it is getting to a point where I'm just so put off by it that I may just wash my hands of it completely.

After hitting World Rank 3, this game has really started to piss me off now. I thought I was doing a fairly decent job keeping pace with the leveling system. But now it's like I'm barely scratching enemies at all and they're constantly tossing me around like a ragdoll.

It doesn't seem to matter how much I try to level up my weapon or artifacts or how many elemental chain reactions I trigger rapidly, it's just taking way too long to kill even the most basic enemies in this game and it's really trying my patience.

The gacha has also not been very kind. It keeps giving me the same free characters over and over again. Except for Bennet and Sucrose.

Xiangling is my primary dps and I've been trying to level her blacksmith weapon, but unfortunately it needs a bunch of knives, dropped by agents who very rarely if ever show up anywhere. The artifacts I've given her emphasize her raw attack power, but's it just simply not enough.
The grind is absurd even by collectible-RPG gacha standards and it's really putting me off.
Even FGO never gives me this much trouble. And that's a game I affectionately call Fate/ Grind Order.
This game may not be Pay-2-Win, but it is getting to a point where I'm just so put off by it that I may just wash my hands of it completely.
I don't think you are doing it right, but I'm not sure where to start. Someone has cleared Abyss floor 11 with literally only the story and free characters. So it's not anything to do with the gacha, especially in the open world where difficulty is nearly zero.

Xiang is an outstanding carry (primary) DPS. However you should be building her for elemental damage, as she relies heavily on Guoba and her Ult to do most of her damage. Her physical damage is not significant enough to build around, instead you should focus on keeping Guoba out, charging her Ult, and switching her out after E or Q to chain elemental reactions before dropping her back in to DPS.

To find agents to kill for knives, press F1 to open the Adventurer's Log, look at the Bosses tab, and switch the drop down box to Liyue. Then locate Fatui Pyro Agent in the list, then click on FIND A MOTHER FUCKER, then go to the spot and kill a mother fucker. You can do this up to 6 times in any 24 hour period, there are actually more than 6 on the map but the enemy GPS only works 6 times so you can just put pins on your map where they are found and kill as many as your heart's desire. You can also join co-op games and kill the agents in other people's worlds too.

Character level is incredibly important. If you are not capping your character at the present cap for your world level, which should be 60, then you should focus on doing that first and ASAP. The damage calculation for this game strongly weights character level, the higher level you are, the more you slap. It's that simple.

What weapon are you using on Xiang? You need to pick a good weapon, not just the one with the biggest star rating. The 2 craftable 4 star weapons are not great but right now Crescent Pike is bugged and does stupid damage so you might as well use that one if you don't have anything better, or you could just use a max-refined White Tassel which has a really good damage buff secondary and also a crit bonus.

Your other 3 team members are very important too, Xiang should be the highest level because she's your carry but don't neglect the character levels on your other team members. At a minimum you want to keep Barbara leveled, she's not only your healer but she's also able to create Pyro-Hydro elemental reactions (Vaporize) and that shit slaps. I don't know what Electro users you have but I hope you have Fischl, then again if you're using Xiang as your carry you probably don't have the chuuni waifu. If not Razor is available on the shop for 34 Masterless Starglitters and if you have Razor you should switch to him as your carry and use Xiang as support and secondary DPS. Kaeya is crazy useful and you should be using him to create Cryo-Pyro elemental reactions (Melt), although you will basically keep him around to push E and then go away again.

Level your Xiang's talents. Character level and talents are the 2 most important stat increases in the game, weapon level is actually much less important and this is why many players can get away with 3 star weapons, especially if they are max refined 3 star weapons.

Really just buy the Razor from the shop, put a Debate Club on him, and unga bunga your way to victory. He's a better carry than Xiang, whereas Xiang works much better as a secondary DPS who pops out to throw out Guoba and then goes away again while Razor swings really big sword and shit dies.

byrkWIN.png

baKwBG1.png

rWRnIoU.png
Stringless is awesome.

MagnesG

Banned

Xiang is good only because of her skills and burst, you need Noelle, Barbara or another broadsword user with high hp at least for a mainstay, Xiang is for switching up after a skill/ult.

You can't control the AR. It just goes up on it's own for doing literally anything and everything.
You can limit the threshold by not doing certain quest, and it's going to be much harder come W4.

Last edited:

Pejo

Now that I've got a few million Mora, I've been basically running the xp book leylines non-stop. God damn it feels bad to waste 20 resin on 3 purple books and like 5-6 blues. After burning my entire resin stash I still don't have enough to get a character from 50-60, for instance.

I get gating character progression this early in the game's life, I really do. They are just taking it to the extreme though, and the world level increase does not give proportionally better rewards as it really should. I'm especially seeing this on the elemental bosses. I've been farming the electro cube once a day for the last few days, and I'm getting like 1 of the green-tier shard tier elemental material, and usually 1 blue shard. Out of like 4 runs, I've gotten one purple chunk, and I need 6 of those fuckers to ascend Razor again. since it takes 3 greens to make a blue and 3 blues to make a purple, it could be like another week until I have enough materials to finally ascend him. That's kinda bullshit honestly. I feel at world level 5, you should get either 1 purple chunk per run or at least 2 blues and 2-3 greens.

It's ok at least for the cubes and the vines because they're easy, but I'm dreading trying to ascend Barbara again because of how much HP those god damn water animals have. Grinding out that boss is going to come after I have Razor at level 70 with fully leveled talents, artifacts, and weapon.

MagnesG

Banned
Now that I've got a few million Mora, I've been basically running the xp book leylines non-stop. God damn it feels bad to waste 20 resin on 3 purple books and like 5-6 blues. After burning my entire resin stash I still don't have enough to get a character from 50-60, for instance.

I get gating character progression this early in the game's life, I really do. They are just taking it to the extreme though, and the world level increase does not give proportionally better rewards as it really should. I'm especially seeing this on the elemental bosses. I've been farming the electro cube once a day for the last few days, and I'm getting like 1 of the green-tier shard tier elemental material, and usually 1 blue shard. Out of like 4 runs, I've gotten one purple chunk, and I need 6 of those fuckers to ascend Razor again. since it takes 3 greens to make a blue and 3 blues to make a purple, it could be like another week until I have enough materials to finally ascend him. That's kinda bullshit honestly. I feel at world level 5, you should get either 1 purple chunk per run or at least 2 blues and 2-3 greens.

It's ok at least for the cubes and the vines because they're easy, but I'm dreading trying to ascend Barbara again because of how much HP those god damn water animals have. Grinding out that boss is going to come after I have Razor at level 70 with fully leveled talents, artifacts, and weapon.
Did you do the elite bosses solo? I haven't feel the grind too much when I do everything coop, except for commission and ley lines.

Last edited:
Just doing a few single wishes for funsies, wasn't actually near a pity because I was trying to save my pity for future Cat Queen banner and

Cudkpmq.jpg

Guess I'll take it. Damn girl, these hips don't lie. Oh now I have the problem where I need to level a character up from 1 now and I'm already on 4th ascension on my main units. Yay.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
Just doing a few single wishes for funsies, wasn't actually near a pity because I was trying to save my pity for future Cat Queen banner and

Guess I'll take it. Damn girl, these hips don't lie. Oh now I have the problem where I need to level a character up from 1 now and I'm already on 4th ascension on my main units. Yay.
Mona is essential for exploration. Congrats.

Mona is essential for exploration. Congrats.
I have the support units account. I have Venti, Qiqi, and now Mona. Kinda hoping one day I'll get a DPS unit, but that's why I've been waiting for Keqing banner. Kinda random that I got Mona on this Klee banner though, but that's gacha for you I guess.

MagnesG

Banned
I have the support units account. I have Venti, Qiqi, and now Mona. Kinda hoping one day I'll get a DPS unit, but that's why I've been waiting for Keqing banner. Kinda random that I got Mona on this Klee banner though, but that's gacha for you I guess.
Have Mona, 2 Anemo characters and Razor/Kaeya (-20% Sprint stamina consumption).

You're gonna love to travel around.

If you're under Adventure Rank 7, please use my invitation code so we both get rewards :)

Invitation code: UNJXWJ7J

You can enter the code through an in-game link in the Notices menu.

Zambatoh

Sometimes require quest to get world rank to level up.
Even then, you still can't control it. You still gain exp regardless and the moment you take the cap off, you immediately jump forward 2 or more World Levels in the process which is what happened to me. I didn't even get to experience World Level 2.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Even then, you still can't control it. You still gain exp regardless and the moment you take the cap off, you immediately jump forward 2 or more World Levels in the process which is what happened to me. I didn't even get to experience World Level 2.

When needs quest, your AR is locked. You don't lose the exp earned, so you can make all your shit before make a quest to advance in your AR.

The problem is the requirement to up your chars. The monster getting stronger while your chars have their level up locked behind itens you need to drop in dungeons challenges, in others words you need resign to progress.

Again, this is just my tip. You can do whatever you want.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
Okay, this is weird but I suddenly feel an itch to play BOTW again after so long, probably because of this game.

Though I think it's because I love the exploration concept of both game so much. Picking up all geoculus is not cool though, it's like BOTW forcing you to pick up 131 koroks seeds for a quest.

Pejo

Okay, this is weird but I suddenly feel an itch to play BOTW again after so long, probably because of this game.

Though I think it's because I love the exploration concept of both game so much. Picking up all geoculus is not cool though, it's like BOTW forcing you to pick up 131 koroks seeds for a quest.
I think I read in the 1.1 leaks that they're going to add an item that pings the nearest chest/oculus. I haven't been grinding the geoculi that I'm missing for this reason. Sounds like it'll be a lot easier to find the handful you're missing after the patch.

MagnesG

Banned
I think I read in the 1.1 leaks that they're going to add an item that pings the nearest chest/oculus. I haven't been grinding the geoculi that I'm missing for this reason. Sounds like it'll be a lot easier to find the handful you're missing after the patch.
It's around 2 weeks until the next update comes though, then again all the 1.1 leaks from what I've read have been reassuring.
Also I've just got the my 130th geoculus, but I'm gonna stop searching the extra one lol.

Pejo

Finally seeing some light on the other side of the tunnel. Just hit AR41 and ascended Razor, leveled him to 75. Ascended and maxed out his weapon to 80, talents still need some books for, Artifacts all to +12. Enemies are finally starting to feel like normal enemies again instead of bloated HP pool iron tanks. I might burn some resin moons to finish getting the XP books I need to finish him to 80. It really does make a huge difference to have a max ascended/leveled character. There must be some hidden math formula that scales damage based on your level vs. the enemy's level, because my ATK stat has been mostly the same, maybe +/- 100 or so, but I'm doing way more damage to enemies now with Razor compared to any other character, even before I maxed his weapon. Wish they'd be a little more clear about this.

Anyways, I'm hoping after I get Razor to 80, the time it takes me to beat the wolf goes down a bit. Since I hit world level 5 that fight is a slog. Looks like we might be skipping Xiao banner and going straight to Zhongli. I've been in save mode since he was leaked, so I'm hoping I get him. Geo characters don't really work well for party synergy based on element, but I'm finding that each of the current ones have some great utility to offer regardless of team buffs. Ningguang is so useful for stuff like blocking annoying archers while you take out a shaman, knocking down groups of enemies, taking shields down, etc. Hoping Zhongli continues that theme.

Jedge

There must be some hidden math formula that scales damage based on your level vs. the enemy's level, because my ATK stat has been mostly the same, maybe +/- 100 or so, but I'm doing way more damage to enemies now with Razor compared to any other character, even before I maxed his weapon. Wish they'd be a little more clear about this.

-
-
There is a level suppression mechanic (10:40 - I time stamped it).
Basically your character needs to be over the level of the enemy to do bonus damage. If you're lower level you do less.

Last edited:

crumbs

So I'm assuming we're eventually getting dendro aligned characters (I think there's already rumors about this). I'm curious how they will fit into combat and elemental reactions. Maybe hydro + dendro = increased plant element damage, or geo + dendro = for some earth boosted damage.

Were there dendro characters in any of the betas?

Pejo

-
-
Basically your character needs to be over the level of the enemy to do bonus damage. If you're lower level you do less.

Ah, makes sense because this is what I've noticed just from playing, good to have confirmation on it though. Also, what the fuck at that CN server Xiangling doing 30k damage per hit.

So I'm assuming we're eventually getting dendro aligned characters (I think there's already rumors about this). I'm curious how they will fit into combat and elemental reactions. Maybe hydro + dendro = increased plant element damage, or geo + dendro = for some earth boosted damage.

Were there dendro characters in any of the betas?
There was one Dendro healer catalyst character shown in early leaks (past 1.1 even). Right now the only Dendro effect is burning, when you hit a Dendro slime with fire. Not sure if they will expand it, I certainly hope so. I'd like to see Geo get more than just "crystalize" as a reaction too, but it's not likely.

*edit* this isn't the one I was talking about, but I forgot about this guy who's already in the game:

8f63d459df8bf7d6fee046936410194e_8881740509060881348.png

Last edited:

crumbs

Ah, makes sense because this is what I've noticed just from playing, good to have confirmation on it though. Also, what the fuck at that CN server Xiangling doing 30k damage per hit.

There was one Dendro healer catalyst character shown in early leaks (past 1.1 even). Right now the only Dendro effect is burning, when you hit a Dendro slime with fire. Not sure if they will expand it, I certainly hope so. I'd like to see Geo get more than just "crystalize" as a reaction too, but it's not likely.

Yeah, if they get creative it would be a good way to encourage people to use Geo characters. I'm not as far along as you (I'm at AR 23) but I find using geo characters to be awkward versus using other elemental characters that combo easier. How about geo + dendro = turn to stone, similar to a frozen reaction or something.

Saber

-
-

I knew something was strange as soon I moved to AR 40. Enemies and bosses are taking 5 times more to beat. I'm not even doing bosses right now.

Yeah, this should be standart: stay safe on AR 35 until you feel ready with all itens, moras and ascend requeriments.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
What's your main team look like now anyways?
Pretty bad as I still need better artifacts/weapons. I was looking up what I'll have to fight after 7 and I literally can't. I made the right choice last week of just playing one hour a day since me hitting AR40 just by playing the game will make enemies sponge enemies unless I whale or get lucky and get Mona.

Top Bottom