• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GGXX #reload - Tips against Potemkin

Im playing against AI in the setting under the maximum one. Its like 6th round and potemkin is blocking like fucking everything and isnt falling for any of the stuff Shouta usually falls for ;0

haha he's good just kidding. Anyway is there a certain move range he falls for a lot, cause Baiken isnt much for distance fighting and while I can make openings with the best of him this seems relentless.

down+dust xx tattami x 99934398
if it hits go into air combo (something like jump slash, dust xx forward dash slash dust i think)

Potemkin rules! You can't beat him!

There was this game tournament and one of the games was GGXX. Now, only one other guy actually knew how to play the game and he had a fairly good Johnny and Chipp. One girl had never played it before so I gave her a Potemkin crash course: "hold forward and press HS when he gets close".

She decimated all the other opponents (who weren't that good either) and the three of us ended up in the finals. I managed to beat her with my own Potemkin who had a little more thought behind his actions. Then I barely defeated Johnny.

While his HS is ridiculously good to punish newbies, he has a few simple combos to push away attackers.

rushing past his basic attacks is easy, as is blocking them on the go, its just actually hitting him. The AI at this level is stupid good at blocking unless you use higher level play combos.

potemkin is actially pretty easy to beat normally ;)

robo: that and survival are all I play to keep in my motions. I should play through some missions, but I hate stipulations beyond winning

Top Bottom