• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GMR September Scores

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Spider-Man 2 8/10
Showdown: Legends of Wrestling 3/10
Athens 2004 5/10
Astro Boy (GBA) 8/10
Driv3r 5/10
SC: Pandora Tomorrow (GC) 7/10
SC: Pandora Tomorrow (PS2) 9/10
Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicle 5/10
Madden NFL 2005 9/10
ESPN Football 2k5 8/10
NCAA Football 8/10
Crimson Tears 8/10 (wow!)
Ground Control II (7/10)
Star Ocean 7/10
Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers 6/10
Puyo Pop Fever 5/10
Amazing Island 6/10
Rainbow Six : Black Arrow 7/10
Echo Night 5/10
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games 7/10
McFarlanes Evil Prophecy 2/10
Street Fighter Anniversary Coll. 8/10
Ghosthunter 7/10
River City Ransom EX 6/10

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Deku Tree said:
What was their beef with Star Ocean 3?

Great story. Flawed battle system...targeting trouble, inability to attack downed foes, really bad team AI. Say that Valkyrie Profile remains this teams high point. The second opinion gives further props to the good story but says the battle system feels like it has a lot of holes.

Deku Tree

Musashi Wins! said:
Great story. Flawed battle system...targeting trouble, inability to attack downed foes, really bad team AI. Say that Valkyrie Profile remains this teams high point. The second opinion gives further props to the good story but says the battle system feels like it has a lot of holes.

Wow! And thanks. I thought (IIRC) the JPN mags gave SO3 AAA ratings...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
MaddenNFL64 said:
Ghost Hunter looks kinda fun to me. What did they say about it?

It's quite positive. Overall impression is that it is a lighthearted, extremely well presented horror game for those who don't want tons of gore or psychological frights. Some typical 3rd person shooting action mixed with good puzzles and side-quests.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i'm excited for ghosthunter, too. it's not ghostbusters or a real 'scary' take on ghosts, but it should be a fun romp.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
The only review that deeply effected me was Crimson Tears. I try not to look at it on the store shelf and now they've drawn my attention back :(

I will not believe...I will not believe...

u_neek

Musashi Wins! said:
It's quite positive. Overall impression is that it is a lighthearted, extremely well presented horror game for those who don't want tons of gore or psychological frights. Some typical 3rd person shooting action mixed with good puzzles and side-quests.

Some of the levels in GH are actually quite creepy. Especially that little girl with the teddybear.
Oh, and the graphics are still some of the best on PS2...

Tellaerin

Musashi Wins! said:
The only review that deeply effected me was Crimson Tears. I try not to look at it on the store shelf and now they've drawn my attention back :(

I will not believe...I will not believe...

I hear ya, man.

I was interested in Crimson Tears when it was first announced, but after the negative buzz from some people on GAF, I talked myself out of buying it. Then I got the latest GMR in the mail and saw that Milky (whose scores tend to coincide with my taste in games) gave it an 8. Now I'm sorely tempted to pick it up after all...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Musashi Wins! said:

Well, they gave Spiderman 2 8/10 so I don't know what to make of their opinion :p

ferricide

given that you can easily download plenty of remarkably decent puzzle games with similar presentation to PPF on the web these days, i don't see what's so inaccurate about that statement.

jarrod

Banned
Er, from the videos I've seen Puyo Fever looks far more advanced than the usual download web puzzler. Don't great visuals, a new gameplay dynamic and budget pricing count for anything? At the least, is really a below average puzzle game?

ferricide

jarrod said:
Er, from the videos I've seen Puyo Fever looks far more advanced than the usual download web puzzler. Don't great visuals, a new gameplay dynamic and budget pricing count for anything? At the least, is really a below average puzzle game?
five is average.

i haven't really played PPF, and didn't review it, mind you. i also couldn't give a fuck about puyo puyo, but i think the last time i liked it much at all was on genesis.

Top Bottom