• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Damn I can't take this god Damn smoke anymore. When will the fire go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
I swear, everythign smells like a god damn campfire. It's hot as hell but I can't open up my windows cause the smoke will get it. It looks like hell has descended upon this town and it won't go fucking away. GAAAAAAHD

See, there that town. Ya that's where I am.
fairbanks-fires_200406-19_29.jpg

See that? Ya that's the fucking sun.

elvy_sun.jpg

The campus where I live

smokey_campus.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What caused the smoke? Is there a forest fire nearby or just a pollution problem?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ferrio said:
There's currently about...... 30 forest fires all around the state.

Oh my, Fairbanks is in California, right? That sounds horrible, we don't get too many major fires like that in Texas, but sometimes the smog from Mexico has been known to come up here.

Ferrio

Banned
Yes it's fucking hot.

Let me explain.

1. The sun never sets in the summer, so there's no cool down time.
2. Being in the middle of the state we don't get any nice wind from the sea.
3. No residential house has any air conditioning.

No, Fairbanks in ALASKA. This reminds me of living in houston, except the "smells like campfire" bit.

Grizzlyjin

Ferrio said:
Yes it's fucking hot.

Let me explain.

1. The sun never sets in the summer, so there's no cool down time.
2. Being in the middle of the state we don't get any nice wind from the sea.
3. No residential house has any air conditioning.

No, Fairbanks in ALASKA. This reminds me of living in houston, except the "smells like campfire" bit.

Weird. When I saw Fairbanks, California was the first thing that popped in my mind. I didn't know it could get that hot in Alaska. I guess we all have this image of endless winter in our heads when we think of Alaska.

Geez it must be rough going through the heat without an air conditioner. The one at my house broke for about 5 days last summer at it was HELL. We have this little routine where we turn on the air conditioner for maybe 2 hours or until its freezing in the house, then you turn it off until it gets hot again. Doing that you don't really notice what it would be like to sit around without it for days. Going to bed was so difficult when your all sweaty and itchy.

Grizzlyjin

Society said:
You never watched Northern Exposure? :bang

Actually I believe I use to watch that show when I was younger. I've only seen it a few times in syndication. If I remember correctly it use to be on CBS and was about some doctor coming into a small town. I'm only 18 now, so I think I was too young to keep up with it during its first run.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Grizzlyjin said:
Actually I believe I use to watch that show when I was younger. I've only seen it a few times in syndication. If I remember correctly it use to be on CBS and was about some doctor coming into a small town. I'm only 18 now, so I think I was too young to keep up with it during its first run.

A small town in Alaska. :p

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I thought the topic would be a metaphor, or some song lyrics... and I thought it was awesome and with great anticipation waited for the thread to load.. Turns out its just about some stupid forest fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom