• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good 16 bit-Platfformers...

XS+

Banned
Alien 3 on Genesis. Totally underrated/underappreciated (and much better than the SNES version). Once you get used to the difficulty the game rocks.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
demons.jpg

img0.gif

Such a fucking badass game. So damn good.

EDIT: The images seem to intermittantly fail, so for reference the game is "Demon's Crest".

miyuru

Sunset Riders (I think that's the name). I'm pretty sure it's a Konami title set in the Wild West, and it FOOKIN' ROCKS.

miyuru

CVXFREAK said:
Although vastly hated, the Donkey Kong Country games are totally awesome.

Yeah I agree. How come people hate them all of a sudden? I swear some of you GAF'ers can't make up your own opinion, so you follow whatever's popular. How about you guys go back and play the game before saying something.

Ranger X

Well, I think Donkey Kong Country 2 is one of the best 2D platformer ever!
The only real hate i heard here is because the look of the graphics..... and it's totally related to tastes i guess. I did like those rendering back then and even today because when they are so low colored it's not just "plastic looking" like people say...

belgurdo

Banned
miyuru said:
Yeah I agree. How come people hate them all of a sudden? I swear some of you GAF'ers can't make up your own opinion, so you follow whatever's popular. How about you guys go back and play the game before saying something.

This is something I've been saying for months now.

Plus people need to seriously get over Rare leaving. I know most of you creamed yourselves over this series back in '94, so the acts need to be dropped.

XS+

Banned
Valis 1-3 (1 on Genesis and TG, 2 on TG-CD only, 3 on Genny and TG-CD)
Alisa Dragoon (Genesis)

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Whoops. Forgot Konami's Cybernator for SNES. If you have an N64, Go Go Trouble Makers is awesome. Some real genius hidden in that game.

CVXFREAK said:
Although vastly hated, the Donkey Kong Country games are totally awesome.

DKC 1 and 2 rock!

Didn't think much of 3 though. It was much harder then the first 2 which I suppose is one of the only "positives" to come out of that game.

I'm actually going back and completing some SNES classics atm too. Playing through Super Mario all stars, Mario World 1/2, Super Metroid and Zelda: LttP. Never finished ANY of them! (Except most of the Mario all stars games)

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
XS+ said:
Alien 3 on Genesis. Totally underrated/underappreciated (and much better than the SNES version). Once you get used to the difficulty the game rocks.

just got this one off ebay for $5 aus, arrived today - pretty cool but also very hard - it's funny because i used to always think the snes version superior but at its core, this one is more 'urgent' and enjoyable to me.. (despite the really high difficulty )

i' m actually going back to all these old 8 and 16 bit games and realising how easy the new games are that i've been playing recently ... these old games are nasty :p well, to me :p

Top Bottom