• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good games from a movie and vice versa?

SantaC

Good games coming from a movie:

Nes: Batman
Snes: Jurrasic Park. (Yes I actually found this game quite enjoyable)
N64: Golden Eye
Xbox: Riddick

Good movies coming from a game: (these are more rare)

Resident Evil. Well it isn't a great movie, but certainly watchable.

What is your take?

Well I agree there too. I dunno maybe it's just really hard to make a game to movie translation because no one seems to be able to do it. And with so many of them being directed by the Uwe Boll thats probably not going to change anytime soon.

XS+

Banned
16-bit Alien3 games. The SNES version had the look/audio down, Genesis had the cool gameplay.

There aren't any good video game movies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>The original MK movie is still the best game to movie translation and that's a fact.<<<

...which only goes to show how awful video game movies have been.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I think Advent Children will easily take the top here...but that is being created with a different goal than the usual "game to movie" conversion...

dark10x said:
I think Advent Children will easily take the top here...but that is being created with a different goal than the usual "game to movie" conversion...

It's also being made by the people responsible for the games which is a big plus for it.

I'm still hoping the SH movie turns out right. The guy directing it doesn't seem to have that bad of a track record. And Akira better do the score. NO f'ckin Marilyn Manson crap on this soundtrack.

Top Bottom