• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good gaming news sites that DON'T have a bunch of AI-generated posts?

jcorb

After Game Informer's closure, I kind of realized that is was really about the only dedicated "gaming site" I still actively visit. Most news I find is through twitter or neogaf, or occasionally through youtube.

Which hey, this is a super cool site, but that feels like kind of a sad list. Especially with youtube and twitter being full of AI-generated clickbait, and the algorithms very specifically keeping you within your own little bubble of information and exposure, I feel like I really need to find another news outlet for gaming content that can be trusted. And preferably, has some sort of official statement that they will never use AI tools to generate written content.

Honestly, you google almost any game, and most of the search results are websites that are very obviously scraping content from other sites, and regurgitating it using AI tools to make sure it is "legally distinct", but you'll like 1-2 page "articles" they are a bunch of words that don't even say anything.

Just kind of curious what sites you guys think are still reputable?

CLW

OK bigot you just outed yourself as a a SPECIEST!!!!!!!

200.gif

jakinov

Just use IGN or other big sites if you want pure news and don't care much for reading editorials (opinion pieces). I know people don't like the writers at the big sites because of stuff they say in their videos, review scores or editorials but in terms of reporting actually news they do a lot better job than many of the sites that get posted here, they usually report accurately and objectively. I'm sure you can find examples where that's not always true but I'm sure you'll find more examples on the smaller sites. They also have real sources, and they have real contacts to the industry. Some of the less popular news sites that get posted here have really poorly written articles in terms of not being misleading and being accurate. A lot of times the original report/source is one of big news site and it becomes a game of telephone where details get lost or more bias on the smaller sites.

Also use a news reader to avoid ads.

Lambogenie

Gematsu and Nintendo Soup. The latter is just reposts but at least it gets straight to the point. Where's IGN and Eurgamer have so much intro filler it pisses me off (their guides especially, just get to the point).

Hudo

I usually visit Gematsu and peruse the subreddits, like the RTS, leaks and rumors or pc gaming one. Reddit is good for getting news but fucking trash for discussion. But this might chance if Reddit really start to paywall subreddits.

IAmRei

gematsu? i often goes there, they are just posting news, i never see any opinion there, unless You scrolled below to comment section, i personally avoid.

Holammer

Most of the gaming news I get is from Twitter and GAF. Only site I read on the regular today is Niche Gamer.
Follow developers directly and you're better informed already.

I used to read Dualshockers, Kotaku & Eurogamer until the worms got to their brains.

Top Bottom