• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham and Riverdale to collide in Harley & Ivy Meet Betty & Veronica

Link.

himbv_covervhsi3.jpg

At first glance, Riverdale and Gotham City don’t appear to have a lot in common. Where the former is mostly preoccupied with high school drama, the latter has to worry about psychopathic clowns getting chased around by people dressed as bats. One thing they do share, however, is a resident pair of ass-kicking girl friends. EW can exclusively reveal that those two duos will unite this fall in the six-issue crossover miniseries, Harley & Ivy Meet Betty & Veronica.

The series will be co-written by Marc Andreyko and Paul Dini, with art from Laura Braga. Dini originally created Harley Quinn on Batman: The Animated Series, the show that also established the character’s flirty friendship with Poison Ivy. The new series will find them pitting their girl power against Riverdale’s most famous pair. When a proposal emerges to drain the wetlands between Gotham and Riverdale, Ivy sticks up for her beloved fauna by enlisting Harley to kidnap valuable heiress Veronica Lodge and her best friend, Betty. Chaos, you may assume, ensues.

“It’s the sort of offer you scream out ‘YES!’ to before your eyes reach the middle of the email,” Dini said in a statement. “I’ve always wanted the chance to play in Riverdale and to help Harley and Ivy invade it is a dream come true. Marc’s a great talent and a good friend. Writing this series with him has been like sitting on the lawn during summer vacation and reading a big pile of DC and Archie comics. Except we have to stay indoors and type a lot.”

Harley & Ivy Meet Betty & Veronica #1 is set to hit stores on Oct. 4. Check out Amanda Conner’s cover above. Each issue will come with a Conner cover and a variant from Adam Hughes, who recently wrapped his own Betty & Veronica comic.

Did they just cuck Betty and Veronica?

EDIT: Wait.

Aren't the Archie characters in Highschool?

Aren't Harley and Ivy grown-ass women?

Toad.T

Banned
ffs just stop, archie.

you met sharknado, kiss, predator, glee and none of them helped save your sorry ass.

now you only have NewArchie, Riverdale and the digests as the only month to month constants and you have to resort to
killing off betty
to get any attention.

Just die with dignity already.

Not

Banned
Did they just cuck Betty and Veronica?

EDIT: Wait.

Aren't the Archie characters in Highschool?

Aren't Harley and Ivy grown-ass women?

Archie's
statutory raped by a woman posing as a high school teacher
in Riverdale too, so this ain't new

border

ffs just stop, archie.

you met sharknado, kiss, predator, glee and none of them helped save your sorry ass.

now you only have NewArchie, Riverdale and the digests as the only month to month constants and you have to resort to
killing off betty
to get any attention.

Just die with dignity already.

Is Archie Comics really in danger?

I always hear about them and wonder who in God's name is still reading Archie books.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Eh I liked a lot of the recent Archie stuff but these seems like its just pandering at this point.

The same Harley who was a psychiatric doctor in Arkham?

Doesn't she have a doctorate?
She was really smart and skipped a bunch of steps on the way before being hired at Arkham right after school due to her being the best in the country despite having no experience with real criminals yet.

Ivy was actually pretty much the same but has been in the business longer(she's currently in the current Batman arc taking place a year after Zero Year).

7Th

She was really smart and skipped a bunch of steps on the way before being hired at Arkham right after school due to her being the best in the country despite having no experience with real criminals yet.

In the cartoon continuity she slept her way through college.

Toad.T

Banned
Is Archie Comics really in danger?

I always hear about them and wonder who in God's name is still reading Archie books.

It's doing so-so in other markets, but the most major red flag is that they put out graphic novels of their digests, which are basically 95% old material. And some of these will repeat entire stories within the same digest just a few pages later. So we have reprints of reprints at this point, same layouts, ad breaks and everything.

It's also got a dedicated following over here, for whatever reason.

Platy

I was thinking of both tv shows getting a crossover and was worried.

But in comic form ? whatever.
I hope they all go back to meet the predator after

Only one man can set this right:

V11uq6G.jpg

The skull is already there in the cover....

Not a big fan of Andreyko but I'll get this just for the Amanda Conner covers. And all the recent DC inter-company crossovers have been extremely fun. This will also be my very first Archie comic.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The premise for this isn't bad. It actually makes sense given their characters. Ivy kidnapping a Lodge to stop a wetland development project? Harley tagging along for a kidnapping? Archie bumbling his way in the middle? Yes, yes, and yes.

Parch

Gotta give the Archie comics credit for staying relevant. Seemed like an old school comic that should have died years ago, but they've come up with some interesting ideas to keep selling.

Top Bottom