• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 4 stalled until "winter"

Solid

Sony's official Japanese release schedule says Polyphony's anticipated racer has been delayed.

TOKYO?On its official Japanese release calendar, Sony Computer Entertainment has changed the release date of Gran Turismo 4 from "fall" to "winter." Since it did not label the game "winter 2004," this raises the possibility that the game may not come out this year. However, at the current time, Gran Turismo 4's official site, which is also hosted by Sony, still labels the game as a "fall" release.

Gran Turismo 4 had been tentatively scheduled to ship in November in North America. Since SCEA reps were unavailable for comment as of press time, it is unclear if the Japanese delay will affect its release across the Pacific.

Until Gran Turismo 4's release, whenever it may be, you can read more about the game in GameSpot's ample previous coverage.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/17/news_6107787.html

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
*prepares butcher knife*

Say it, Sony. Say it, you motherfuckers. Delay the game and my blood will rest on your hands!

Chittagong

Gold Member
duke_nukem_forever_frontcover_small_1DO8YSLursHJYii.jpg

I'm sure it's because of the online component. I'm interested to see the online capabilities of PSP after the strong showing with PS2.

WarPig

This game is SO not coming out in America this year.

Two months to go and we've never seen the online mode? No beta tester e-mails? To me, that says something.

DFS.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Didn't IGN report that the release date was sometime in November? That story was like weeks ago.

Mrbob

Might as well hold off till March 2005 instead of a rushed Xmas release....game will sell very well regardless. EA is probably breathing a small sigh of relief now since GT4 won't beatdown NFSU2 this Xmas.

I'm torn between being slightly upset and thinking it's for the best. I live with 5 other guys right now and GTA: San Andreas and Halo 2 were coming out around the same time. I have a 36" TV that I've put in the living room and a 23" LCD HDTV/PC monitor in another room. Add a third life sucking game and I'm afraid there would be a lot of fights (not that there aren't already since we have boxing gloves and kendo sticks laying around the house but they'd probably be serious).

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
They're adding ScudRace and Daytona 2 tracks....

Troidal

A GT4 online booster disc to be released later may be likely if they really are planning to release the actual game this year.

Ranger X

Dekajelly said:
9/10 in this months PSW magazine :D

Looks pretty good - videos
http://www.playscope.com/viewarticle.php?num_article=7584

Does it misses something compared to Xbox version? Less people online at the same time maybe? Is there something new? some cars? races?...
Please tell us something ;(

As for GT4, push it back in March if you want, as long as the game is worth it i don't care and there's a freakin load of AAA titles coming this holiday so it would be kind of a relief for the wallet...

Top Bottom