• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 will have a damage system

Elios83

That has been confirmed by Yamuchi today at a party held in Tokyo to celebrate the completion of GT4.
Eye Toy will also be supported.

Source gamefront.de

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Elios83 said:
That has been confirmed by Yamuchi today at a party held in Tokyo to celebrate the completion of GT4.
Eye Toy will also be supported.

Source gamefront.de

And it'll be released what in 2-3 years? Hey welcome to 2004!

Elios83

Jacobi said:
Wow, the PS3 must be pretty powerful !!

Considering Polyphony has refused to implement a damage system in the PS2 games because they couldn't do it as they want,then yes it should be powerful :D

Zaptruder

Banned
Ok.

So we'll be expecting to see

proper good AI
proper damage
proper collision physics along with the damage I'm guessing
online play
HD progressive scan support

and we'll want to see

a good sense of speed...
in cockpit views!

Sounds like you can downgrade your car in a few years for a complete GT5 setup and just use a modest car to get you around town! :p

Musashi Wins! said:
oh, the "car manufacturers" came around? douchebags.

If you really didn't believe that what they were saying about the car manufactureres was true then check the GamePro where they interview the Juiced developers and they even say that they just started allowing the car damage and there's still stuff they won't allow (full body rolls for example).

belgurdo

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
If you really didn't believe that what they were saying about the car manufactureres was true then check the GamePro where they interview the Juiced developers and they even say that they just started allowing the car damage and there's still stuff they won't allow (full body rolls for example).

Yep, can't have our "state of the art" motor vehicles being depicted as wobbly, rolling coffins in those $50 advertisements, you know

GT = Great racing game with great graphics(for the time)

GT2= Same as GT with more cars and tracks

GT3= Great racing game with better graphics

GT4= Same as GT 3 with more tracks and cars

GT5= You know the story

teepo

Schmo Florez said:

GT5= You know the story

just shutup. it's obvious you're not a fan nor play the series.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Schmo Florez said:

GT5= You know the story
Hehe... I want a hood view!

mumu

GT is finally gonna arrive in 1999! Although i understand that the developers weren't satisfied with the damage system that the PS2 could pull off, so it better be damn realistic on the PS3 to make up for it!

how many more real driving sims can one play.

GT - 200+ hours of your life.

GT2 - 400+hours of your life

Gt3 - 400+ hours of your life.

GT4 - 400+ hours of your life.

GT5 - you are dead

(and that's quitessentially the same game). This is a real question. I gave up on GT3 about 20 hours in. The competitive play was good by the sim part just drove me insane.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
outruneyetoy.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Lazy8s said:

:lol :lol :lol

Maybe they'll have a mode thats a sleep awareness thing, so if you start to fall asleep during the endurance races, the eye toy detects your eyes closing and vibrates the controller.

Shapingo

From Magic Box

Polyphony Digital announced a new version of Gran Turismo for PlayStation 2 called Gran Turismo For Boys, the game is designed specifically for children. The producer Kazunori Yamauchi said he wants to kindle the enthusiasm of cars with children; and the game will be sold at a very low price.

- Polyphony Digital announced a Nike Gran Turismo Limited Edition for PS2, the package will include a pair of Nike Sports Shoes (Total Magia II GT LE), Nike T-Shirt, and a copy of Gran Turismo 4; all packaged in an aluminum suit case. The game also has EyeToy support, you can unlock a new Nike One car by waving the Nike T-Shirt in front of the camera.

- Polyphony Digital also announced the development of Gran Turismo 5 for PlayStation 3, the game will have damage model for the first time, to make the game more realistic. GT5 will support the EyeToy camera, you can take pictures of a car and the game can use it to build a custom car.

- The PSP version of Gran Turismo 4 Mobile is confirmed for a spring 2005 release in Japan.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Shapingo said:
From Magic Box

Polyphony Digital announced a new version of Gran Turismo for PlayStation 2 called Gran Turismo For Boys, the game is designed specifically for children. The producer Kazunori Yamauchi said he wants to kindle the enthusiasm of cars with children; and the game will be sold at a very low price.

- Polyphony Digital announced a Nike Gran Turismo Limited Edition for PS2, the package will include a pair of Nike Sports Shoes (Total Magia II GT LE), Nike T-Shirt, and a copy of Gran Turismo 4; all packaged in an aluminum suit case. The game also has EyeToy support, you can unlock a new Nike One car by waving the Nike T-Shirt in front of the camera.

- Polyphony Digital also announced the development of Gran Turismo 5 for PlayStation 3, the game will have damage model for the first time, to make the game more realistic. GT5 will support the EyeToy camera, you can take pictures of a car and the game can use it to build a custom car.

- The PSP version of Gran Turismo 4 Mobile is confirmed for a spring 2005 release in Japan.

I'll put one-grand ($1000) down saying that this feature will NEVER make it into GT5. Who wants to give me some money?

Ranger X

There you go Polyphony, you start to understand where it's at in racing sims.

1- Damage engine
2- Dynamic weather
3- Online mode
4- Cockpit view
5- Full car physics (you can flip the car)
6- More than 6 cars at a time

OKTHXBYE

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I still don't understand why people want more than 6 cars. You don't compete with racers 4-6 anyways!

Ranger X

AlphaSnake said:
I still don't understand why people want more than 6 cars. You don't compete with racers 4-6 anyways!

For me it's the overall feel. between 10 to 20 cars is more realistic and make me feel more "there". It's also interesting to have an accident or something and getting back at climbing position from 15th to the third step of the podium. ;)
That isn't the most important of my wishes i listed there though.

mr2mike

Banned
"GT5 will support the EyeToy camera, you can take pictures of a car and the game can use it to build a custom car."

Bullshit.

How are you gonna take pictures of a car? gonna take a fucking long extension cord and a big russian wrestler to hold the TV and the PS3 outside while you pull the eyetoy to the end of it's cable to 'take pictures'

Eyetoy + next gen game + assured online play by then = video lobbies, like that Xbox video chat software. nothing more.

"- Polyphony Digital also announced the development of Gran Turismo 5 for PlayStation 3, the game will have damage model for the first time, to make the game more realistic. GT5 will support the EyeToy camera, you can take pictures of a car and the game can use it to build a custom car."

If that actually makes it, GT5 will be the best selling game in the series with ease. One of the big appeals to alot of enthusiasts is to drive your own car in game, this would take that to a completely different level.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Shapingo said:

Second announced PS3 game to be in development :)

Update that list jarrod:

PlayStation 3
-Oni (Koei)
-Gran Turismo 5 (SCEI/Polyphony Digital)

Top Bottom