• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an influx of games coming out this month and next that I want to buy - I'm trying to penny pinch every way I can.

Yes, even if it means a £5 difference!

Use Flubit.com, they'll knock the Amazon price down to £31-32.

This is how i feel about GTAV.

1326910583_larry_david_reaction.gif

No i really do. Just 4 was so damn dissapointed. I am also in no mood to buy it for 8 year old tech. Sure i have a 360 but haven't touched it in 2 years at least. This hype is just so big..disappointment can't be bigger then that.

If you're not that bothered, go into the spoiler thread. It's mostly free-roam GIF's and streams and it'll certainly peak your interest.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
This is how i feel about GTAV.

1326910583_larry_david_reaction.gif

No i really do. Just 4 was so damn dissapointed. I am also in no mood to buy it for 8 year old tech. Sure i have a 360 but haven't touched it in 2 years at least. This hype is just so big..disappointment can't be bigger then that.

must resist posting gif... very hard... ARRRGG

Uiki

Not major spoilers, just locations name spoiler (i put the tag just in case):

I got to
Blaine County
and my god, it's fucking beautiful. At night it's unbeliavable.

But it's a little bit worse frame-rate wise.
Off Road Racing
with 4 or 5 dudes picking up dust drops the frame rate on 23-25 at times.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that bad..but it's noticeable.

Oh, I'm on 360.

Madness

Never realized how many people hated GTA IV for some reason. I loved the hell out of it. Sure it felt limited in a lot of ways after San Andreas, but it's stronger emphasis on story and characters was a great change. Kept me going with story missions as opposed to just general goofing off. Plus, a lot of people have issues with the controls and in hindsight I agree, but they've learned since then.

I don't know, some people act like it was the worst GTA or worst game even made, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

waypoetic

Banned
Avoid YouTube, brothers and sisters! Spoilers in the title names of related GTAV videos are present. I was innocently rewatching some of the GTAV official trailers and after the video ended the suggested videos to watch next revealed a medium-grade spoiler.

Thanks for the heads up man. I browsed YT yesterday, just peeking at the thumbnails but yeah, i'm not doing that anymore :p

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Never realized how many people hated GTA IV for some reason. I loved the hell out of it. Sure it felt limited in a lot of ways after San Andreas, but it's stronger emphasis on story and characters was a great change. Kept me going with story missions as opposed to just general goofing off. Plus, a lot of people have issues with the controls and in hindsight I agree, but they've learned since then.

I don't know, some people act like it was the worst GTA or worst game even made, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

I loved IV. As I said, I live in NY, and it felt like home a bit to me. The color palette felt appropriate for NY. The story was strong. Good game IMO.

AEREC

I dont get it either, I still think GTA IV is the best modern take on an open world game (until V)...its been 4 or 5 years since it's release and no other open world game has matched it's depth, attention to detail, physics, etc...

Different stroke for different folks I guess

GavinGT

Banned

The emphasis on character was welcome, but I got sick of Nico after hearing and seeing him for so many hours. Those Russian accents became grating. Switching between three characters will keep things nice and fresh.

And the driving physics made the most-performed activity in the game a chore to do. Thank god they've gone back to more arcadey driving physics with V.

Ah that sucks. They gave me an offer a few days ago, but I didn't take it up because I wasn't sure what their delivery times are like. I would have passed it on to you but it expires after 48 hours.

No worries man, as it stands I'm not really that eager to get the game anyway. I can easily muster the willpower to wait until after the release date and try again (or maybe soon after post-release there will be sites selling the game cheaper anyway). Until then I have Puppeteer to tide me over.

My Amazon order has officially dispatched, still says delivery date for Tuesday though.

To be honest, I'd rather it did come on the day of release now actually.

Derrick01

Banned
Never realized how many people hated GTA IV for some reason.

Sure it felt limited in a lot of ways after San Andreas

it's stronger emphasis on story and characters

You don't know but you had the answer already. A focus on realism and story (which was horribly written) over fun. Also the game's missions were a joke for a GTA game. 90+ missions and only 2 mission types and you didn't have the freedom to do them how you wanted to like in past GTA games.

Cheddahz

Banned
You don't know but you had the answer already. A focus on realism and story (which was horribly written) over fun. Also the game's missions were a joke for a GTA game. 90+ missions and only 2 mission types and you didn't have the freedom to do them how you wanted to like in past GTA games.

The freedom is what killed it for me. The game didn't offer much to do as well once you were done with all of the missions

Omni

GTA IV was just sooo boring after coming from San Andreas. I managed to get through the storyline once, but when it came to playing it again... I was just burnt out. Even free-roaming got lethargic quite soon.

oxidax

So heres my question
If sony europe fucked up with that leak from about a month ago, how come the US can't preload but EU can? I mean, is there a policy or something that wont let us preoload or whats the deal?

I mean seriously whats the big deal? The game leaked already for both consoles. Its not like people are going to "crack" what its alread cracked and free to download from all over the internet. WTF sony/R* ?

I just hope this game is really long and has strong fun mission variety like in Vice City, San Andreas & BoGT.

I would also pay top dollar for a Vegas DLC map where we can transverse through the world. It made havin airports in San Andreas worthwhile. San Andreas really was so damn good.

Forsete

Hmm, on my EU SWE PSN store it says

"This bundle is expected to be available in 1 days on 16/9/2013"
Release date is: 17 Sep 2013

What does it say on yours fellow EU PSN users?

DZ_b_EZ

It just kind if hit me that not only will I have this and be destroying SA again... but that this only really leaves Vice City as the next gen gta.

Good times ahead. ..oh yes. ..

That what I'm hoping. I think I'm in the minority but I actually liked Vice City more than San Andreas :eek:

#GTAconfessions

Derrick01

Banned
The freedom is what killed it for me. The game didn't offer much to do as well once you were done with all of the missions

Yup other than the pigeons I was able to do everything else in the game in less than 40 hours. I'm usually not even done with the story in that time in the PS2 GTAs.

abundant

So heres my question
If sony europe fucked up with that leak from about a month ago, how come the US can't preload but EU can? I mean, is there a policy or something that wont let us preoload or whats the deal?

I mean seriously whats the big deal? The game leaked already for both consoles. Its not like people are going to "crack" what its alread cracked and free to download from all over the internet. WTF sony/R* ?
I don't know why SCEA won't allow preloads. It makes no seance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom