• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourobolus

Banned
It's an open world problems

The missions on RDR almost bored me to death

At least GTA V have tennis, so i can spend my time playing it

I actually enjoyed RDR, just kinda got distracted by something else when I got to mexico. I got the the second island in GTA IV and just got really sick of some series of missions which all seemed freakin' identical. The extra stuff to do in the game was boring too.

SOOO glad Rampages are back. Are there hidden packages too?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I actually enjoyed RDR, just kinda got distracted by something else when I got to mexico. I got the the second island in GTA IV and just got really sick of some series of missions which all seemed freakin' identical. The extra stuff to do in the game was boring too.

SOOO glad Rampages are back. Are there hidden packages too?

Don't think so.
They've been replaced according to the achievements list...

I put together a PDF of the OP. If anyone is interested.
https://mega.co.nz/#!pRgExQaI!Oxs13FjhRPqFoLfMcW9i3SICvhxsaQhQ5dvfqCyUBuU

Updated with better link.

Awesome.

<----- Also? Go easy with that baseball bat, I have a hangover... ;P

Hip Hop

The first thing I'm gonna do when I get the game is to just ride out in a vehicle. No mission, no nothing, just take a stroll through the scenery until I get bored. Probably won't even play the story a day or two later.

It's just too much.

Marleyman

Banned
The first thing I'm gonna do when I get the game is to just ride out in a vehicle. No mission, no nothing, just take a stroll through the scenery until I get bored. Probably won't even play the story a day or two later.

It's just too much.

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro.png

North Yankton (the "snow" area we saw on a postcard)
is nowhere to be found on the map. I don't know if it's a seprate areas like LC in San Andreas, the leaked map is not full and some areas (islands?) have been cropped out, or the thing on GTA V site was just a reference to a non-existent location.

Snow
could still very well be in the game. I mean if you look at the Red Dead Redemption map it doesn&#8217;t exactly make it obvious that is has a
snow section.
Hope remains!

LOL.

UrbanRats

Having a strategy guide for this game; I would never do that. I know the first song I want to hear..I would like to driving as Michael, it is at night and Rhythm of the Night by Corona comes on; instant 90's feels coupled with the amazing LA night sky.

I'm sure you wouldn't.
The internet if full of people who get an hard-on by the idea of spoilering shit and ruining shit to others, tho.

Youtube comments, 4chan, GameFAQs, comments sections.. are all minefields, right now.

hwy_61

Banned

It's just too much.

Same.

Twinduct

It's just too much.

Sadly I planned out a complete route, for my first drive, via the leaked map.
I should do something else with my time :/

You know what I always found weird in the GTA games? There are no island visible in the distance. I mean that as in, the city looks to be floating out in the middle of nowhere. It'd be nice if they put some fake cities or landmasses in the skybox to make it look like other places exist. If they ever release San Fierro or Las Venturas in GTA Online how will they connect to Los Santos?

Anyway, glad to see how massive this map is. First thing I'm going to do is find Grove Street!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard a lot about people's spouses getting in the way of GTA V.

The special edition should have come with divorce papers.

You can keep your divorce papers, my wife preordered the Special Edition GTA V for my birthday. :)

If they ever release San Fierro or Las Venturas in GTA Online how will they connect to Los Santos?

I imagine for San Fierro they'll just add in the Golden Gate bridge.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I can feel it in my old ass bones. Leaks are starting to bubble, within a matter of days they will be exploding all over the internet. Time to call this thread my safe haven for any and all GTAV news.

Oh and for everyone that signs up for PS3 GAF gang I promote everyone to Rep then I guess after GTAO is out for a while I'll start promoting people based on stats, or demoting. It'd really be great to have a fellow long time gaffer help run things as comish. Bish won't answer me. So I'm taking resumes in PM.

Omni

Ermahgawd. One week. I can't wait.

I have two 3000 word assignments to get through before next Tuesday. If I do so, I'll have basically a week off uni to just play the hell out of the game. A busy week ahead... But it'll be worth it.

Hopefully.

oxidax

I can feel it in my old ass bones. Leaks are starting to bubble, within a matter of days they will be exploding all over the internet. Time to call this thread my safe haven for any and all GTAV news.

Oh and for everyone that signs up for PS3 GAF gang I promote everyone to Rep then I guess after GTAO is out for a while I'll start promoting people based on stats, or demoting. It'd really be great to have a fellow long time gaffer help run things as comish. Bish won't answer me. So I'm taking resumes in PM.

How can i sign in for PS3 Gaf?

DJwest

I don't get it.... what nonsense?
The game is not coming to next gen consoles, people should get over it. I would love to have next gen versions of Batman Arkham Origins, The Last.of Us, Dark Souls 2, GTA5 and Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2. But it's not happening, let's move on.

wizzbang

Banned
I posted this to my F/B and twitter this evening, admitedly it's more targeted towards people I know IRL but none the less it captures the moment for me.

Warning, twitlonger, EMO NERD POST, you've been warned:

About 5 years ago or so, a LOT of you all had to endure listening to me mope about becoming single. I was pretty damn down and talked off anyones ear that I possibly could, I genuinely appreciate you all listening, seriously,..it was an interesting time. I wouldn't change it for the world though, fucking gruesome but you don't learn without the harsh shit, good times.

But more importantly here, 2008 was a pretty goddamn bad year and the first couple of months I was mentally incapable of comprehending pleasure or anything to look forward to at all, however it dawned on me that a little something something called Grand Theft Auto 4 was coming out April 28'th. Now I was single, mopey and depressed. Mentally I built this game up to be the best god damned thing on earth, it was basically the only positive thing in my entire life that was coming. It couldn't in any way possible come up to the standards I had put it up to, this thing basically had to rescue me from being a miserable asshole.
but it did, good golly did it. Pleasure beyond your wildest dreams. Pleasure only a nerd can experience. Escapism at it's finest. Glorious glorious times.

Well, it's 5 years later now, I feel much much better but guess what's coming? I think you do, I do - and it's coming very damn soon. The second coming of glorious times.
So this post is a little celebration, of all you people who were kind enough to listen to some whiny asshole whos world had apparently ended and the joy being a nerd with the right game can bring.
Am I an adult who "should" be more mature? Maybe. Do I care? Nope! This is a once in a 5 year opportunity y'all.

be prepared for sick days, be prepared for leave, women be prepared to be single for a few days.. it's coming
September 17, YO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvoD7ehZPcM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

Apologies to my "regular" followers, this is going to be a big week - less than 7 days to go.

and of course this one.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=78941181&highlight=relationship#post78941181

This is it people, this is motherfucking ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Food haul has begun.
https://twitter.com/abrasion/status/377387941493882880/photo/1

September 17.

P.S I've got 3 fucking midnight pre-orders (1 accidentally) - 1 is .5 of a mile from home and the other 2 are 2.5 miles from home. Fingers crossed Gamestop go through the pricematch they promised. I'll be playing it exactly
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Midnight September 17 2013 Melbourne Time&asynchronous=false 6 days, 4 minutes in the future.

dreamfall

That is so awesome.

Our worlds intertwined with personal transitions, hardship, happiness- a game can provide solace and inspiration.

GTA IV definitely affected you and me both pretty heavily, here's hoping we revisit V well into the next generation.

If you guys had to pick one thing that gets you the most excited for GTA V...what would it be?

For me it would have to be the fact that we can explore and go on treasure hunts underwater!

PnkmLkT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom