• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphic Art/Music Tech Demo Thread Dream ULTRACORE Edition (56k/low spec = RIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsomega

Its that time again. Welcome to the Graphic Art/Music Tech Demo Addict Thread Dream ULTRACORE Edition. These tech demo's memorized me into a dream like state. Thus this is the Dream Ultracore edition. These demos obviously require more computing power then the low spec/56k friendly thread; And offcourse, unless you want to commit 56k murder, broadband is recommended to view the thread and download the demos.

The pictures I posted don't show much. This is done purposely to not spoil anything. So keep in mind that the pictures only show about 2 percent of what they offer. These tech demos by the way, definately earn the merit of "Play it Loud". Thus, play it loud and enjoy.

DreamChild Courtesy of Andromeda.
Cool effects, great music and some great art.
GLINK

dr1.jpg

dr2.jpg

Raw courtesy of Cocoon.
This is seriously for all you tool video fans. This is one is hardcore.
GLINK

Raw1.jpg

raw2.jpg

Zeitmaschine courtesy of Farbrausch.
This demo rocks hard. Awesome music and visuals. Attention to detail and graphics synchronization to music is impressive. Absolute Perfection.
GLINK

fr1.jpg

fr2.jpg

jenov4

Suprisingly you don't need the top of the line systems to run these things. I love these scene demos. :)

marsomega

morbidaza said:
What sort of computer is needed to run these things.

What are your specs? I think anywhere above a geforce 3 your fine I guess. Raw requires at least a geforce 3; I'm not sure about DreamChild or Zeitmaschine.. I ran them with a 9700 pro and only in SOME instances (and it wasn't that noticeable) did the framerate take a dive (in Dreamchild during some of the filter effects) but that was for a short instance that you probably won't notice. Offcourse. all the demos were run with max IQ settings, 4x AA/ 8x AF so you should be fine with a geforce 3. Farbrausch can do wonders with lower end hardware.

The only thing that would probably hamper things would be your CPU. The demos are about 5 to 10 megs each however they are very compressed, and the decompression might take time depending on your cpu. For example, the Raw one will take a good minute and 30 seconds on start up running on an Athlon XP 2500+. However, thats only when demo is initializing so it shouldn't be a problem.

Hehe, I went ahead and downloaded them anyway, and I could run the first and last (though neither fantastically well...the first was still way cool though).

I'm on a amd 950mhz with a geforce2mx.

I'm surprised they ran at all.

Just have to say thanks for putting these things together, I got a 9800pro today (upgraded from a GeForce 2mx) and it's nice to know what it is capable of

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I love these threads/demos. What happened to the last one? I kept checking the thread, but it sunk fast.

Raxel

More demos please! My 9800 pro is arriving soon :D

Also, are there any sites with cool 3D screensavers similar to these tech demos? I think 3dfiles.com used to have a good selection a few years back, but they got bought out or something.

marsomega

Newbie said:
Just have to say thanks for putting these things together, I got a 9800pro today (upgraded from a GeForce 2mx) and it's nice to know what it is capable of

YES, join the collective....Let your eyes never set sight on anything thats not multi-sampled AA or AF and at least at 1024 X 768... Tee hee hee ......

BuddyC

marsomega said:
YES, join the collective....Let your eyes never set sight on anything thats not multi-sampled AA or AF and at least at 1024 X 768... Tee hee hee ......

look who's back :p

Burger

I love Farbrausch, but I never liked Zeitmaschine very much, they have done better.

I'm finding good demos harder and harder to come by these days.

Although with the release of Werkkzeug this might change. It aint easy to learn, but a little easier than assembler :)

OT- Anyone have a link to that FPS that was contained in a file that was only a few kb's, it was posted on the old board if i recall

Nos_G

Good to see another eyecandy thread mars... I was starting to feel a bit of withdrawal. ;)

Anyway I still watch the Fly one from time to time.

Made some screenshots:

Radeon9800pro *(flashed with 9800xt bios)
4.7 Catalyst
High Quality Settings (2xAA/8xAF)
Application Pref Resolution (resized to 640x480)

Dreamchild - lots of possible background images to be made with this one. :D

dreamchild.jpg

Raw - a little to weird and the models were a little bit low on the poly budget. :p

raw.jpg

Zeitmaschine - OMG it's REZ-like :O

fr.jpg

MORE MORE MORE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom