• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 might feature a character based on P.Diddy...from the leaks

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
this is purely speculation by the way

in the GTA 6 leaks back in Sep. 2022, their was a scene where Lucia and Jason were at the strip club and they were talking with a guy named Dre. He was talking about how Lucia and Jason were staying at a property of a rap producer named "Boobie". and that Dre is teaming up with him for a new studio.

So the term "Diddy" is actually Scottish slang for boobie or boobs, literally. Well Rockstar North the primarily developers of GTA is from Scotland

is this a stretch? possibly, but it make sense. We could be seeing GTA's version of P.Diddy LMFAO

Last edited:

Calverz

in the GTA 6 leaks back in Sep. 2022, their was a scene where Lucia and Jason were at the strip club and they were talking with a guy named Dre. He was talking about how Lucia and Jason were staying at a property of a rap producer named "Boobie". and that Dre is teaming up with him for a new studio.

So the term "Diddy" is actually Scottish slang for boobie or boobs, literally. Well Rockstar North the primarily developers of GTA is from Scotland

is this a stretch? possibly, but it make sense. We could be seeing GTA's version of P.Diddy LMFAO
Well spotted. Aye we call it a "Diddy ride".....

ummm your not going to be playing as him lol
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

With how evil P. Diddy is, I don't know if they can pull off that satirical tone with that dark, dark subject matter. The closest GTA has gotten is the torture scenes with Trevor.

Were the allegations even out by the time it was put? Seems weird to be on the nose with Dre but be more coy with Diddy. Not that any of it should be concern like we're protecting the pristine moral codes of Rap stars.

I don't want to play as a sex trafficker and woman beater, on top of making bad music. No thank you.

But you're already playing as criminals who are involved in that stuff one way or another anyhow 🤣.

Anyway, if R* somehow have a storyline lampooning Diddy, Wiestein, Epstein and that whole sex trafficking ring tying politicians into it, that'd get a big thumbs up from me. Like just straight up call that stuff out for what it is and be funny as hell making fun of those people involved. Don't hold back.

But you're already playing as criminals who are involved in that stuff one way or another anyhow 🤣.

Anyway, if R* somehow have a storyline lampooning Diddy, Wiestein, Epstein and that whole sex trafficking ring tying politicians into it, that'd get a big thumbs up from me. Like just straight up call that stuff out for what it is and be funny as hell making fun of those people involved. Don't hold back.
I prefer my protagonists and npc's to be non-celebrity. Keep it in parody like all of GTA's in-game brands. The moment I see Brad Pitt and Coca Cola in GTA, I'm out.

StereoVsn

This actually would be pretty amazing. Name then just close enough so can’t get sued but close enough to be recognized.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
IF Diddy recorded any lines, they will be destroyed. AI will be leveraged to redesign the face and voice. Quietly.
They will just re-record the lines with someone else and replacing a character model isn’t much of a problem in games especially since all you’re changing here is the head…it’s still a lot of work but not a redo of all the scenes type of thing.

But yeah you’re right they are not using anything that came from him period.

Last edited:
I prefer my protagonists and npc's to be non-celebrity. Keep it in parody like all of GTA's in-game brands. The moment I see Brad Pitt and Coca Cola in GTA, I'm out.

I can see what you mean. Having an outright celebrity appearance, at least these days, would probably mean the satire would be soft so not to offend the celebrity. Kind of like modern-day South Park IMO; they used to really go after celebs & public figures much harder in the early seasons.

GTA6 could do a character who's a spoof of Diddy tho, just change enough to avoid a lawsuit. Tho, he's in jail right now so it'd be hard for him to file a lawsuit.

This actually would be pretty amazing. Name then just close enough so can’t get sued but close enough to be recognized.

Yep, exactly. I just kinda doubt they could get away with it tho. GTA's too big a name, especially nowadays. There'd probably be "pressure" from BTS to keep that stuff out unless it's someone deemed "sacrificial", or they don't get too deep into it.

So they could prob do Diddy, Weinstein & Epstein spoofs. Probably couldn't try connecting them to characters representing "other", even more financially & politically powerful or famous people tho (even if they were involved in that same crap).

Barakov

Tea Wtf GIF by Paramount Network

Top Bottom