• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 won’t be affected by SAG-AFTRA strike

Draugoth

Gold Member
ai7u7eo6xqed1.jpeg

Despite earlier confusion over the status of the game, according to Kotaku reporter Ethan Gach, a representative for the union has said that performers working on the game are allowed to continue working on the project.

It is currently unknown which performers are involved in the game, as outside of fans attempting to uncover the voice talent for the main two characters in Grand Theft Auto 6, little is known about the game’s wider cast.

The strike, which has been called by SAG-AFTRA, the labour union for American actors began on July 26.

Source

clarky

Gold Member
SAG-AFTRA? Yep, and they won, that's why there is another.
Surely thats not how strikes work? You win and everyone gets back to work with the terms they were after?

Not up on this lazy bunch though why are they moaning now? Something to do with AI?

Last edited:
Maybe if the strike causes GTA6 to get delayed, it can end up launching simultaneously on PC and consoles, like any other civilized game today
Why when Rockstar literally wants people to double dip? That was the strategy that worked the best these past few gens. PS3 one year, PS4 the year after and PC the year right afterwards.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is what they do

GTAVI (single player) releases on consoles late 2025/ early 2026
GTAVI multiplayer releases a month or two later like GTAV
GTAVI releases on PC a year later

That also allows them to focus on less versions at the same time. Considering the scope of this project, the fact they already snet everyone back to their offices a few months ago and the fact they have less versions to work at the same times makes me confident for their deadline...but who knows.

clarky

Gold Member
Why when Rockstar literally wants people to double dip? That was the strategy that worked the best these past few gens. PS3 one year, PS4 the year after and PC the year right afterwards.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is what they do

GTAVI (single player) releases on consoles late 2025/ early 2026
GTAVI multiplayer releases a month or two later like GTAV
GTAVI releases on PC a year later

That also allows them to focus on less versions at the same time. Considering the scope of this project, the fact they already snet everyone back to their offices a few months ago and the fact they have less versions to work at the same times makes me confident for their deadline...but who knows.
That's exactly what's happening. Made them a fucking fortune last time, solid strategy if you ask me.

Then Enhanced editions for PS6 etc etc..............

Last edited:
That's exactly what's happening. Made them a fucking fortune last time, solid strategy if you ask me.
And this time they don't have a new console generation starting cause if they did, PC would be a year later than now, lmao.
I know A LOT of people that have 3 GTAV versions, PS3, PS4 and PC.

I’m glad it is, but I don’t understand why GTA 6 is not affected. It reads like they would be affected but due to some silent agreement between the union and Take Two, they aren’t.

Maybe if the strike causes GTA6 to get delayed, it can end up launching simultaneously on PC and consoles, like any other civilized game today
Dream on.
The business model is based on stupid double or triple dippers.

No way in hell PC and console versions release the same day.

Last edited:

Švejk

Banned
Obviously meaning they'll have quite allot of AI voices... Why wouldn't they?
I'm all for supporting VA's, but $$$ is $$$.

Top Bottom