• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA San Andreas interview

Doth Togo said:
Plot Summary for
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004) (VG):

Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402224/plotsummary

- - - - -

Casting:

Directed by
Sam Houser

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
Dan Houser

Cast (in alphabetical order)
Frank Vincent .... Don Salvatore Leone (voice)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402224/fullcredits

- - - - -

So that means that SAN ANDREAS will be the entire state of California...or more or less. Cool!

More like Grand Theft Pussy. Weaksauce....

I never thought I'd see the day Rockstar went pussy. So now you arent really breaking the law, you are exacting revenge against evil criminals.......

Is this True Crime 2? Hope this one doesnt have zombies too.

Gattsu25

Banned
Daxter Too said:
I never thought I'd see the day Rockstar went pussy. So now you arent really breaking the law, you are exacting revenge against evil criminals.
recent GTA games always put you in the shoes of a criminal who is the 'lesser of the two evils'...while you are still an all around bad guy, you are still up against even worse gangsters...this game will be no different

what part of GTASA led you to believe that your character would have been a nun? is it the premise of four man drive byes and the added collateral damage they introduce? or the promise of being able to study and rob innocent civilians' homes? (an act that only the fairest of heroes does, by your opinion)

Gattsu25

Banned
Daxter Too, in case my point didn't come through (English is my first language) your arguement does NOT stand against any ammount of research beyond reading a plot summary off of fucking imdb.com especially when you consider that you'll still be able to rob kill steal from civilians crooks and cops alike

you'll even be able to rob a soccormoms fucking HOUSE

fuck up the shut and grow a brain

evil ways

A few of the more popular GTA sites have posted scans from the new Play magazine. about 20 new pics showing everything from bicycles(complete with handbrakes), oil/substance rigs(like T2), 4 wheelers, countryside/mountainmen, lots of pics of the forest areas, and there's even talk of a Hot Dog vehicle like the Oscar Mayer weinermobile.

The forest looks awesome, a few pics showing CJ on both a motorcycle and a quad, riding through trees and mountains, reminded me of First Blood.

Dekajelly

From one of these GTA websites. :p

New Information
- While targetting an opponent, the camera will move to just above CJ's right shoulder, giving the player a better view of the action. Holding the target button longer will aim towards the opponent's head.

- Draw distances are confirmed as being 2x higher than Vice City in the urban areas and 4x higher in the rural areas.

- Streets are now much more full, with the feeling of 'emptiness' from Vice City now completely gone. There will be an endless stream of other cars for CJ to steal.

- Two small towns in the rural areas have been named as Angel Pine and Dillamore.

- The legendary mountain has been named as Mount Chiliaid, and is over half a mile tall. Rivers, beaten tracks and cliff top roads criss cross what can be described as the largest object in any Grand Theft Auto game, ever.

- A female character from a previous game will return, lodging in a forest cabin which CJ will come to use as a hideout.

- One mission involves Carl and his unnamed female accomplice travelling to Dillamore gas station, attempting to rob the office, but being hampered by the bullet proof glass recently installed by the owner. Instead, Carl and friend steal the fuel tanker which is sitting outside. One twist - the fuel tank trailer isn't connected to the front, so Carl must connect the two. Once an escape has been made, players must take care not to jack-knife the vehicle on the treacherous rural roads, all the while being chased by the owners of the gas station in their cars.

Vehicles

- Combine Harvesters will be included, and are likely able to be player controlled.

- Mobile Hot Dog Vans will be present, but as yet no missions involving sales are confirmed.

- The police helicopter will include a spotlight which can be shot out.

- Updated versions of the Walton, Voodoo, Sabre, Sanchez, Patriot & Linerunner (with or without trailer) will be present.

- A 4x4 vehicle (four wheel drive) will be incorporated in the rural areas, allowing players to traverse the bumpy terrain with ease.

- For the ultimate driver, a monster truck will allow for the crossing of extremely difficult ridges, bumps and even shallow rivers.

Top Bottom