• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: San Andreas screens (first pics of S.F.)

cja

fap fap fap

The graphics look polished with more geometry being pushed than in previous shots. It sorta worries me. Framerate, framerate, framerate. A relatively constant 30fps is all I ask for, the 15-20fps of Vice City PS2 really grates now.

DarienA said:
...I need to see more pedestrians...
Someone in another GTA:SA thread illustrated the fact that promotional screenshots of the other two PS2 GTA games feature very few pedestrians. It was suggested that pedestrians may be a detail of low priority up until the last few weeks of tweaking, pre-gold.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Coooool. I hope there's a way to climb to the top of the Golden Gate Bridge. Should be prime Sniping territory.

I'm most curious about the Las Vegas inspired city, though. I love the real city, and want them to do it justice.

nitewulf

Idle Will Kill said:
GTA on PS3 is going to be insane. I can't wait for GTA with Metal Gear-caliber graphics.

that'll never happen because it's an art thing, plus GTA is a free roaming game, requires lots more AI routines and the environments are huge.

cja said:
fap fap fap

The graphics look polished with more geometry being pushed than in previous shots. It sorta worries me. Framerate, framerate, framerate. A relatively constant 30fps is all I ask for, the 15-20fps of Vice City PS2 really grates now.

Well whether you want to believe them or not, Rockstar did recently say that the game is running at a constant 30fps. I don't know if they've ever said that about the previous games, but I don't remember them saying anything like that about those games framerates.

Brofist

This will never get old.

06.jpg

One screen there reminds me a lot of the so-called 'leaked' screenshot of GTA:SA of which everyone thought it was a fake like a year ago or so.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
San Fierro looks sweet. I always spent most of my time in one particular area in the last two, so there's a good chance that SF will be my base of operations in this game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
04.jpg

That actually looks a lot better than the older games...

The quality of their models seems to have improved overall.

halo1234 said:
Guess what, its still the old game, same old cars and worse of all , watching the cars in motion.

You could've atleast tried you know? The "it's just the same game" isn't going to work as a bash with this one.

ourumov

01.jpg

This will be the first game in which you could attack hippies :) COOL. Not that I am a nazi but I particularly hate the Flower Power culture.

User 406

Banned
!_!

Killing filthy hippies, becoming grossly obese, black people swimming, is there no end to GTA:SA's catering to my personal fantasies? XD

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ourumov said:
01.jpg

This will be the first game in which you could attack hippies :) COOL. Not that I am a nazi but I particularly hate the Flower Power culture.

Did anyone not play Grand Theft Auto: London 1969? :p

belgurdo

Banned
Azih said:
Oh shit, San Fransico knock off.

Gay bashing. GTA's final frontier.

Buh?

(And GTA has already gotten their shots in homosexuals anyway...talk to any construction workers in III?)

halo1234 said:
Guess what, its still the old game, same old cars and worse of all , watching the cars in motion.

Is it just me or does this sentence make no sense at all. I mean if you are going to troll, use coherent English.

It only took him 1 post to get banned, thats gotta be a record

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
and with a name Halo1234...yeah probably a good thing he's gone already.

San Fran looks great, i hope they dont take the obvious gay jokes too far though, it could get bery messy for rockstar.

Ghost said:
and with a name Halo1234...yeah probably a good thing he's gone already.

San Fran looks great, i hope they dont take the obvious gay jokes too far though, it could get bery messy for rockstar.

It's already going to be bad, they're going to get attacked from all angles this time, might as well not hold anything back. Ofcourse this is the exact thing that's going to secure this game as being hte best selling game this gen, so i'm sure they don't mind.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Rhindle said:
Man, it's about time the burgeoning San Francisco gangsta culture got some respect.

yup, these new pics have me downright excited :D

i hope (pray) that they have some good bay area rappers featured (mac dre, mac mall, rbl posse, dru down, jt, etc)

User 406

Banned
My new method of gaining health: Pick up a hooker, drive somewhere private and have sex with her, then when she gets out, take my baseball bat and beat a hippy to death to get my money back. :D

Top Bottom