• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

I love this game.

This happened to me today. Pay attention to the last part (00:50-01:20)
It's nothing special but I almost spit out my beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MShfgSf3K98&list=UUpCk5esPRJa8qILrc4DghWQ

Hahaha! Something similar happened to me awhile ago. I posted it earlier in the thread.
lol those are both great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JWOBl-OFlQ&list=UUAiyerAUwLEYgIHcxpaMUrg

i like this one too haha the guy.... could have just said sorry? i like at the end how it sounds like he says "I have to call my wife".... lol

or this one, a random driver flooring it at the wrong moment

skip to about 0:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLz98MXUpBs&index=5&list=UUAiyerAUwLEYgIHcxpaMUrg

or how people drive like crazy when they see just a little carnage haha i'm lucky i quickly hit Trevor's special while midair. see the health?

ttech10

I don't even understand why there are options.

Killing Trevor and especially Michael makes zero sense in the narrative aspect of the game, let alone that it completely cuts you off the character you killed making you abandom all his sidemissions. Such a bizarre design choice.

I'm not ashamed to admit I googled the outcomes and chose accordingly, first time playing.

My first playthrough,
I chose option C without hesitation. I was surprised when I read online later that people "accidentally" selected an option to kill Michael or Trevor out of not wanting Franklin dead. It seemed clear to me what option C meant. Still, surprised R* didn't make a special auto-save before that moment.

Regarding that decision, though, I still haven't even watched video of it. I can't tell you anything about those missions except that either Michael or Trevor die.

I stitched together a few clips from some single player FPV fun earlier today. The PS4 transitions from SHAREfactory crack me up. It's like some morbidly violent TV commercial.

Nothing special really. I tried to break into the airport a couple of times, but there weren't any private jets on the runway. The last bit is just a shoot out with Franklin for shits.

Auto aim is off and it kind of shows off the improved control, post aim/tree sway patch. I think I need to bring the acceleration down a notch so I don't over shoot as much.

Floridian

The 3rd Triathlon is fucking terrible. It drags way too much for the swimming part, and the bike part is broken thanks to the other npcs getting invisible speed boosts. Not gonna bother pressing a button for 28 minutes straight.

I stitched together a few clips from some single player FPV fun earlier today. The PS4 transitions from SHAREfactory crack me up. It's like some morbidly violent TV commercial.

Nothing special really. I tried to break into the airport a couple of times, but there weren't any private jets on the runway. The last bit is just a shoot out with Franklin for shits.

Auto aim is off and it kind of shows off the improved control, post aim/tree sway patch. I think I need to bring the acceleration down a notch so I don't over shoot as much.

I'm still trying to dial in a good value for this, I use partial and I'm overshooting constantly.
I wrote about this in the input lag thread but basically I found the same thing, and I found that the new acceleration helps a lot with less overshoot or over- or under-compensation. Deadzone to 0 helps a lot too but with how sensitive analog sticks can be (small input area compared to say a mouse on a mouse pad,), the acceleration options is probably even better than the deadzone options.

The new acceleration options helps so much... a huge problem with analog sticks is that it's hard to be as precise as a KB/M, and if you slow down sensitivity to have half decent precision, then you're ability to switch target or run and gun is destroyed. But with lowered acceleration, the first half a second of movement is slowed done just a bit so it's more precise and a split half second later, it speeds up a lot to aid switching targets faster. It helps so much with letting you make small precise movements more accurately and yet still switch targets or spin the camera faster.

I turned the Deadzone down to 0, Acceleration all the way down to 2, but then turned Sensitivity to 5 (I used to keep it at 0 for more precision and just dropped combat with L2 or used R3 -> R3+L2 to 'look back' to switch targets) and also turned up TPV camera sensitivity all the way to 13. So the increased sensitivity helps keep the overall movement speed of the camera/aiming still fast (to balance the lower acceleration) but now the first half-second or so of movement is slowed slightly which lets you make feathered precise movements more easily. Which of course Deadzone to 0 helps, too.

haha yeah when the guy who got knocked over went flying, I think he either hit (or at least acted as "aggresive" toward) the other guy.

I had the same thing happen a few weeks back in East LS in that intersection by LSC when you come over the bridge from the Mission Row police HQ. came over that bridge hill and e-brake slid into the back-left corner where a bunch of workers and civilians were standing, but I only hit 1 civilian. but I knocked him into another, and that one started curb stopping my victim haha

Got the game baby!!!!

Tips?

Singleplayer - I like to drive at normal speeds (stopping at traffic lights and such) on the way to missions, and walk around in first-person view a lot. Those two things help you get a lot more immersed in the world. Basically, just take your time and soak it all in.

Multiplayer - Sticky bombs = fun times.

Raptor

kill all cats. They're evil and will hunt you.

Great tip, Im killing everything, I wanted to kill the people at the start of the game but it didnt let me, the udde says "It ain't suposed to get messy" or something lol.

Thanks for the tips bros.

Whats the tip for getting money? or it doesnt work anymore?

Camisado

Great tip, Im killing everything, I wanted to kill the people at the start of the game but it didnt let me, the udde says "It ain't suposed to get messy" or something lol.

Thanks for the tips bros.

Whats the tip for getting money? or it doesnt work anymore?

I think it's patched out now.

Also, I never knew you couldn't kill the people at the beginning, that's cool to know.

Finally, with the cats thing, I think he means the big cats like Mountain Lions. If you see one of those... at any range, feel free to put a full clip in it's face. Those things will sneak up and one shot you if you're not careful.

Mik2121

When you guys like to just freely roam around the city, do you go to your online character or play with one of the main 3? I like to play with my online character so that everything I do piles up and I can level up faster, but the visual downgrade always makes me wonder what should I do :(

jacobeid

Banned
Man, this game is so good. I played it at launch on PS3 last year and wasn't planning on buying it again so soon, but I ended up grabbing the game on PS4 during the Best Buy B2G1 sale. I installed Dragon Age and GTA but made the mistake of playing the first mission of GTA.

Now I'm 35 hours in.

Getting near the end of the game, and I've got the "Dom's last mission doesn't appear" bug that plagued the 360 and PS3 releases. Otherwise loving the port, but it's pretty shameful that a bug preventing 100% completion / trophy collection has persisted for over a year and across a console generation.

Suppose At least I noticed it before starting all the stunt jumps and other item collections, unlike other folks who are stuck at 99.5%.

Tigress

kill all cats. They're evil and will hunt you.

Kill all cougars. If you are on PS4 the little cats are harmless/cute (Ok, so I'm a bit biased as I like cats).

When you guys like to just freely roam around the city, do you go to your online character or play with one of the main 3? I like to play with my online character so that everything I do piles up and I can level up faster, but the visual downgrade always makes me wonder what should I do :(

I end up doing so with my online character but for just roaming around the city and wanting to really appreciate the game SP is best cause it's going to have better graphics/more detail (and animals ;) ). But I get addicted to making money/rp with my online character and it seems that free roam is just more fun in general in MP (just sad the world isn't quite as good in MP). Well except when you want to go on mindless rampages cause in SP I can just backtrack to a save and not care if I die a lot/use up a lot of money/ammo just going on a pointless rampage just to rampage.

Camisado

Getting near the end of the game, and I've got the "Dom's last mission doesn't appear" bug that plagued the 360 and PS3 releases. Otherwise loving the port, but it's pretty shameful that a bug preventing 100% completion / trophy collection has persisted for over a year and across a console generation.

Suppose At least I noticed it before starting all the stunt jumps and other item collections, unlike other folks who are stuck at 99.5%.

Sorry to play devils advocate here but.... Have you done all the parachute jumps?

Raptor

I think it's patched out now.

Also, I never knew you couldn't kill the people at the beginning, that's cool to know.

Finally, with the cats thing, I think he means the big cats like Mountain Lions. If you see one of those... at any range, feel free to put a full clip in it's face. Those things will sneak up and one shot you if you're not careful.

Oh damn, I wanted a few millions to buy guns :(

Alright if I see big ass cats I put them down nice.

Thanks man.

Also Lamar is hilarious.

Sorry to play devils advocate here but.... Have you done all the parachute jumps?

Yeah, did them all with a variety of characters, then went back and did them all a second time with just Franklin; no dice. I've tried most of the posted workarounds as well, with no luck. There is one left to try (buying the scrapyard with Trevor, waiting for the lost to attack, and finishing that mission allegedly can help pop the dom mission), but I'm getting the feeling I'll have to restart a new game at this point.

Kill all cougars. If you are on PS4 the little cats are harmless/cute (Ok, so I'm a bit biased as I like cats).

I end up doing so with my online character but for just roaming around the city and wanting to really appreciate the game SP is best cause it's going to have better graphics/more detail (and animals ;) ). But I get addicted to making money/rp with my online character and it seems that free roam is just more fun in general in MP (just sad the world isn't quite as good in MP). Well except when you want to go on mindless rampages cause in SP I can just backtrack to a save and not care if I die a lot/use up a lot of money/ammo just going on a pointless rampage just to rampage.

I tried to make a joke because GAF loves cats :/

Raptor

Stick acceleration if I put to max is really fast and I dont know if I like that, I like to make headshots and with full on acceleration is almost too hard.

Deadzone to zero makes even worse lol.

Playing with free aim and Im wondering if thats the good thing to do, I played RDR from the start with free aim.

What were the good control settings again to writte them down.

Stick acceleration if I put to max is really fast and I dont know if I like that, I like to make headshots and with full on acceleration is almost too hard.

Deadzone to zero makes even worse lol.

Playing with free aim and Im wondering if thats the good thing to do, I played RDR from the start with free aim.

What were the good control settings again to writte them down.

Try leaving the dead-zone at zero and acceleration at max, it's the aiming sensitivity that you wanna change. Try setting your aiming sensitivity to one third of the bar, or maybe even less. If that still doesn't feel right then keep turning it down a little bit by bit until it feels right.

You definitely wanna keep the dead-zone at zero, though.

TheContact

Finally beat the game for the first time. I (end game spoilers)
decided to kill Trevor. Feels like a bad decision. Completion-wise it is a bad idea because I don't have a save I can go back to and try to 100% the game with. Story-wise though I don't know... Maybe keeping everyone alive would have been a better choice.

I did the same thing and as need up starting over and choosing the other option. Just felt incomplete with the option I chose and really killed the end game for me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why does this game keep resetting all my settings and shit? It's really fucking annoying.

Ishida

Banned
Yesterday I saw something that I had never seen before in my 150 hours of playing the PS3 version.

I saw a border patrol officer arresting a guy on one of the farms near Paleto Bay. The ranger chased the "immigrant" for a while, pointing at him with a gun but not shooting him. After a while, the chased guy gave up and kneeled with his arms raised. A ranger truck came by and the officer made the immigrant go inside, then the truck sped away.

I was shocked at the level of random detail you can find in this game.

Was I supposed to save the immigrant?

EDIT: This happened on the PS4 version, just to make it more clear.

Like poster above me, after probably 70 hours on 360 version, found a random event that I had never found previously... Up in Paleto bay, wandering around with Franklin in that park/beachy area up at the top of the map, I see two red dots and find a couple guys with a woman tied up with guns. I cap them, they have some cash on them, and then I have to free her and give her a lift back to town... and she ends up being a tie-in to GTAIV.

There's also been a few other random encounters that I don't remember. I wish that there were more interesting encounters in the city... it seems like almost all of them are just "Thief stole my wallet," where out in the country, you have some hilarious ones... Like the guy who is late for his wedding, this girl, the guy who crashes his car who needs a lift to the airport, the crew member who crashes her car, etc.

Still, in both versions, never ran into the Packy random event.

Oh, also finally found this last night...

LQnOxIe.jpg

uuZIPPD.jpg

This corpse wearing a 1920s/30s gangster outfit can be found...

In the abandoned mine which was previously un-enterable on 360/PS3. You find the mine near the second off road race, the ones with the SUVs. THere is a bridge that you cross, a small one, in that race... if you look to the left of that bridge, very near the road, you'll see a mine entrance with wooden blocks. Shoot or blow up the blocks and you can go in. The mine is very long but there's nothing in it except for that corpse near the very front, and beside the corpse is a film real with "RICHARDS MAJESTIC" on it. I think this has to match up to the Leonora Johnson murder mystery because the heir to the Richard's Majestic studio was one of the suspects.

Raptor

Try leaving the dead-zone at zero and acceleration at max, it's the aiming sensitivity that you wanna change. Try setting your aiming sensitivity to one third of the bar, or maybe even less. If that still doesn't feel right then keep turning it down a little bit by bit until it feels right.

You definitely wanna keep the dead-zone at zero, though.

Printing this as we speak lol.

Thanks man!

antitrop

The 3rd Triathlon is fucking terrible. It drags way too much for the swimming part, and the bike part is broken thanks to the other npcs getting invisible speed boosts. Not gonna bother pressing a button for 28 minutes straight.

Do it all in first-person mode, so you only have to click the left stick in to sprint. If your stamina is at 100%, you won't run out. It's stupid easy.

Almost everyone will pass you on the bike lap, then you will easily pass everyone else back up on the sprinting section. By a huge margin.

It's stupid easy, it just takes some time. All I did was basically hold the left stick forward and click it in once in a while and got first place easy in about 28 minutes.

It absolutely does not matter that you will drop to like 6th place or whatever during the biking section. You will smoke everyone in the run. They all have to stop and catch their breath once in a while.

Matush

I swear the people at Rockstar have the worst taste in music. Not a single station has a song I like.

Mostly rap and hip-hop. Some pop and rock, one Hardcore station (which unfortunately isn't the kind of core I'm into).
At least Saints Row has enjoyable songs/
Lol. I mean come on, this hyperbole at the best. R* is famous for making one of the best licenced soundtracks (GTA VC and GTA SA) and GTA V is no different. At first I thought that radio selection in V was bad but man, was I wrong. In previous GTAs I always lisened to 2-3 radio stations, now I'm switching from one station to other, and I found new bands/artists and generes I love now. Expand your horizons and don't be scared of trying something different. (Radio Mirror Park is awesome! Yes, I'm hipster)

Managed to fly through the tunnel in a jet on my first attempt. :D

GTA V - Tunnel fly-through (jet)

Also, does anyone know how to steal a jet without smashing the glass when I enter it? I've managed to keep it intact a few times before, but I have no idea how I did it. I much prefer it when the glass isn't smashed.

Oh, and ignore the "checking message for profanity" notification, lol. All I said was "that's what you get for smack-talking" after sticking-bombing a guy because he was running his mouth, :p

Nice, I remember I was awful with the jet on PS3. I could fly everything else pretty well but the jet was way too touchy.

I never managed to do it on PS3. I'd get around halfway through and fuck it up. I find first-person view and the DS4 controller (less sensitive sticks) help a lot.

--------------

Ugh, I just received a reply back from Rockstar Support about the sniper zoom bug and all I got were "Rebuild your database", "Re-install your game", "Boot your console in safe mode" bullshit automated answers.

I'm not going to perform those steps and risk damaging something when I know full well it's nothing to do with my console. The bug appeared after the latest title update, I noticed it immediately because I like to snipe choppers and jets with my heavy sniper a lot. The bug didn't appear a single time before the update.

Anyone encounter Cheevo/trophy glitches? I finished all rampages but did not get the trophy for it.
Close GTA V, disable your internet connection, and then re-open GTA V and load your save file. It should pop up at that point. I had to do that to get the stunt jump trophy to pop up.

Tawpgun

What does it auto record?

From the top of my head...

Every time you scope in and get a sniper kill
Every time you get ejected from your car after crashing
Everytime your car rolls over
Every time you do a stunt jump
Every time you do some low flying shit in a plane
Every time you go top speed for a while without hitting another car
Every time you down a chopper

There are probably more I'm missing.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
From the top of my head...

Every time you scope in and get a sniper kill
Every time you get ejected from your car after crashing
Everytime your car rolls over
Every time you do a stunt jump
Every time you do some low flying shit in a plane
Every time you go top speed for a while without hitting another car
Every time you down a chopper

There are probably more I'm missing.

That is just fucking stupid.

I honeslty cannot fucking believe any developers could ever think auto recording clips on XBO is a good idea. Just...why? It's stupid.

Even worse, its tedious as all hell to delete those clips one by one. Glad I got this on PS4 and avoided that, but my brother plays on Xbox One and has complained to me about it many times.

terrible

Banned
Why does this game keep resetting all my settings and shit? It's really fucking annoying.

I have to change everything every single time I boot the game up and I have a lot customized so it's not a quick process. It started happening a couple patches ago. I was hoping the latest one would fix it but nope.

:(

If anyone has a fix for this please let me know

Top Bottom