• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

New OT looks great, Retro. GW2GAF is best GAF indeed. On a side note, I would easily pay 5-10gold for a quaggan in an OSU hat with an "OH - IO" sign. No idea how hard it is to do, though, so don't bother if its a hassle.

Retro

Yeah, I noticed the course changed a bit too, but I wasn't sure if I had just taken a different route or something. Maybe they change it based on your position in the race, so it's easier to do if you're behind? Though I would guess that after running it so many times, your position probably improved, rather than falling behind.

It's definitely fun though... as much as I love the Living Story and ArenaNet's work so far, I can't help be be a little bummed that this stuff does go away. Then again, the Hunger Games from Beta is supposedly coming back based on the datamined notes, so... everything comes back eventually, which makes it all the more exciting.

So far, Super Adventure Box has been my favorite addition to the game (for obvious reasons) but that feels like a mini-game (even if it could count as a full game itself), so in terms of PVE content, I think Labyrinthine Cliffs has been tops so far.

Beowulf28

Thanks for the info guys, definitely interested in jumping into this. Does anyone know where I could get a deal on this? Seems like I just missed an amazon sale.

Fishious

I looked around a bit in the last OT and I don't think it was brought up in the Glint discussion, but I'm pretty sure some of the Zephyrites on the Sanctum have new dialogue. Towards the back there's even a teacher telling younger Zerphyrites about Glint. There may be some other new dialogue too, but it's possible these were things that just didn't happen to play when I was around prior to Thursday. I feel the need to do another run around the cliffs to see if anything else changed.

Retro

New OT looks great, Retro. GW2GAF is best GAF indeed. On a side note, I would easily pay 5-10gold for a quaggan in an OSU hat with an "OH - IO" sign. No idea how hard it is to do, though, so don't bother if its a hassle.

Actually, hats are easy; the sign can be used to hide the weird perspective shift that happens because Quaggans are essentially spherical with stubby little limbs.

ohiox7u8g.png

Let me know if you just want the sign without the logo. It's kind of hard to see the OSU logo on the hat.

Also, I'm trying to shift the colors around a bit and alternate between left-and-right facing avatars since it's already really confusing in here. I say these stick around 2 weeks, max, before people go back to their regular avatars.

Oh well, it's nice to change things up every now and then for a special occasion.

Thanks for the info guys, definitely interested in jumping into this. Does anyone know where I could get a deal on this? Seems like I just missed an amazon sale.

Green Man Gaming had a sale, but it seems to be over. Which is good, because they actually ran out of keys... which seems odd, for a digital product to go out of stock.

Seems like everyone has it for around $49.99, which is at least $10 cheaper than at launch. Edit: Nevermind, see Hawkian's post below.

I looked around a bit in the last OT and I don't think it was brought up in the Glint discussion, but I'm pretty sure some of the Zephyrites on the Sanctum have new dialogue. Towards the back there's even a teacher telling younger Zerphyrites about Glint. There may be some other new dialogue too, but it's possible these were things that just didn't happen to play when I was around prior to Thursday. I feel the need to do another run around the cliffs to see if anything else changed.

Unless their dialog has changed, that teacher has been there since the start. I'll stop by and give it a listen, and see if there's anything new on the way up as well.

It's interesting to think that just because the updates are every two weeks doesn't mean they can't turn stuff on later or set stuff to activate at different times. That Aetherblade attack yesterday morning was new enough it wasn't even on the Wiki.

Lunar15

Those were actually there since the beginning, but after hanging around the sanctum for a while, I noticed that there's actually quite a substantial amount of additional dialogue on the ship that's incredibly easy to miss if you're not on the ship for very long.

EDIT: I'll probably only have this avatar through the week. I do love it, but I'm not much an avatar switcher.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've only spent a few minutes there but Labyrinthine Cliffs is definitely one of my favorite areas. It's so beautiful, and it's like a playground. Can't believe I haven't done the Aetherblade jumping puzzle yet either... might get to play some tonight though!

Looks like wal-mart has it boxed for $40 free in-store pickup: http://www.walmart.com/ip/21602774?...86607510&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=19880599990&veh=sem

if you're by one

edit: Dang that's page 2

We rollin

Fishious

Those were actually there since the beginning, but after hanging around the sanctum for a while, I noticed that there's actually quite a substantial amount of additional dialogue on the ship that's incredibly easy to miss if you're not on the ship for very long.

Derp! You're right. That's what I get for not reading that reddit post. I went back and looked because I could have sworn I read everything in the thread.

Beowulf28

I've only spent a few minutes there but Labyrinthine Cliffs is definitely one of my favorite areas. It's so beautiful, and it's like a playground. Can't believe I haven't done the Aetherblade jumping puzzle yet either... might get to play some tonight though!

Looks like wal-mart has it boxed for $40 free in-store pickup: http://www.walmart.com/ip/21602774?...86607510&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=19880599990&veh=sem

if you're by one

edit: Dang that's page 2

We rollin

I don't have a optical drive (skimped on that when I built my PC) could I use the cd key in the box to get the download version?

Dunlop

Liking the updates to the game since I left

Not really my engie though, end game itemization does not seem to mesh with the whole kit swapping from what I saw on video's

Having fun levelling a Asura Guardian, I will need to teach my kids out to level him while I am at work :p

Levyne

Banned
Oh, that's good to know. I played like 8 times before at it was always the jumping shortcut.

Edit: Just won my third consecutive race, Seda was right, Aspect Master + 2 + 1 is OP... The head start that it give you is crazy...

I love that I have like 3 names to go by now. Glad the advice helped . :)

-NeoTB1-

If nobody is on, you can post your name.#### and one of us will get you an invite. The new thread seems to be moving at about the same pace as the last one so I don't think you'll fall through the cracks.

Thanks. I re-rolled over on Stormbluff Isle. I added a few of you but didn't see anyone online, so just in case here is my contact:

NeoFoxTrot.7064

Looking forward to playing with you guys.

LkPr

Anyone thinking of getting the WvW Kite tonight? I only need this one and the Fractal Kite so I was hoping to join if with some people to grab the WvW one at least.

Jira

I don't have a optical drive (skimped on that when I built my PC) could I use the cd key in the box to get the download version?

Yes, when you create the account and apply the key there will be a download client link on your account page.

I wish I had photoshop. I'd totally make a Quaggan with a sign that says "Anet made my mom a Backpack" with like a little tear on his face. And don't take that as a request Retro. I figure those things are a bit of a hassle to tailor make for everyone.

Since everyone is getting rid of their quggatars I'll be keeping mine because mine was boring anyway.

Keeping mine till we have anotherGATE or the next OT.

Anyone thinking of getting the WvW Kite tonight? I only need this one and the Fractal Kite so I was hoping to join if with some people to grab the WvW one at least.

My wife needs the WvW kite. I don't need it but I'll help out.

I do need the fractal one.

Oh by the way, EB will probably have a pretty long queue tonight, maybe Friday night isn't the best night. Or there could be tons of people running the puzzle. That could be helpful.

Retro

Thanks. I re-rolled over on Stormbluff Isle. I added a few of you but didn't see anyone online, so just in case here is my contact:

NeoFoxTrot.7064

Looking forward to playing with you guys.

Just jumped on really quick to get you invited, it'll be waiting for you in the guild panel next time you log on. Since you can belong to multiple guilds but can only represent one at a time, you'll need to hit the "Represent" button. Then guild chat / buffs / etc will kick in.

I wish I had photoshop. I'd totally make a Quaggan with a sign that says "Anet made my mom a Backpack" with like a little tear on his face. And don't take that as a request Retro. I figure those things are a bit of a hassle to tailor make for everyone.

Too much text for an avatar, but...
sadrrr7r.png

Awww, I made myself sad...

-NeoTB1-

Thanks for the invite, Retro. I joined. Talked with a few people and already enjoying myself.

As someone who enjoys the lore in games like this, what is a good (comprehensive) resource? It can be novels, dev blogs, anything really. I've seen bits and pieces here and there, but I would really like to have a fellow gaffer recommend me something.

What brought this up is that I found myself in Lion's Arch starting the Bazaar of the Four Winds storyline, and based on the conversation between the Male (Norn?) and Human Female I take it that these are people we're supposed to already be familiar with. They even mentioned something to me about how I was a big help in some past mission/event or something.

Anyways, thanks in advance for anyone that can help!

-Edit- I should mention that I already have the wiki bookmarked. Just looking for some more stuff. Thanks

Trey

Thanks for the invite, Retro. I joined. Talked with a few people and already enjoying myself.

As someone who enjoys the lore in games like this, what is a good (comprehensive) resource? It can be novels, dev blogs, anything really. I've seen bits and pieces here and there, but I would really like to have a fellow gaffer recommend me something.

What brought this up is that I found myself in Lion's Arch starting the Bazaar of the Four Winds storyline, and based on the conversation between the Male (Norn?) and Human Female I take it that these are people we're supposed to already be familiar with. They even mentioned something to me about how I was a big help in some past mission/event or something.

Anyways, thanks in advance for anyone that can help!

-Edit- I should mention that I already have the wiki bookmarked. Just looking for some more stuff. Thanks

There was a blog Anet kept which had a lot of lore bits and design philosophy. Check the gw2 official website, or Anet's website.

Woodenpotatoes has a fantastic YouTube series on GW lore.

There are three books: the most recent one titled Sea of Sorrows is considered the best. I can't confirm as I haven't read it yet. Other two are called Ghosts of Ascalon, which is pretty mediocre in my opinion; and Edge of Destiny, which is okay. Edge of Destiny has direct implications on the overarching story of GW2.

-NeoTB1-

There was a blog Anet kept which had a lot of lore bits and design philosophy. Check the gw2 official website, or Anet's website.

Woodenpotatoes has a fantastic YouTube series on GW lore.

There are three books: the most recent one titled Sea of Sorrows is considered the best. I can't confirm as I haven't read it yet. Other two are called Ghosts of Ascalon, which is pretty mediocre in my opinion; and Edge of Destiny, which is okay. Edge of Destiny has direct implications on the overarching story of GW2.

Good stuff, thanks.

Ashodin

It actually seems to change randomly in a couple parts of the course. Sometimes it's jumping pads. Sometimes lightening pulls. Occasionally there won't be a shortcut at all.

Yep. It changes to keep things interesting, which is awesome. This could be a whole mode with other courses.. so awesome!

Katoki

So last night I used up all my WvW badges to buy soldier rings and trinkets. I found out later that they were level 62 when I couldn't socket jewels into them that they're only NPC-able at their worth of about 2s or so per piece. Man I goofed.

Need to try the forge next..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I still don't know, personally.

edit:

Ash changed it
image.php

I cannot deny this is my favorite thing in the last two evers

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Make it ANet and you gotta be able to save on some real estate. That's a tough read for my hawk eyes.

Make it ANet and you gotta be able to save on some real estate. That's a tough read for my hawk eyes.

All I was able to do with my program was resize it. I wouldn't know how to go about doing my own text. I can't figure out Gimp all that well tbh. Not as beginner friendly as Photoshop.

Unrelated:
You seem to have a son in an Alternate Timeline! Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom