• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear's Strive Announces Is Lucy From Cyberpunk: Edgerunners as First Guest Character

Draugoth

Gold Member
cyberpunkedgerunnerslucyguiltygearstrive.jpg

• A trailer for Guilty Gear Strive's fourth season has revealed all of the characters who are going to be added.
  • Most interesting of all is that Lucy from Cyberpunk Edgerunners will be Guilty Gear's first-ever guest fighter.
  • We don't get to see her in action, but we do know that she's slated for release in 2025.
Guilty Gear Strive's fourth season of DLC has leaked ahead of its announcement at EVO 2024, revealing that the series' first-ever guest character is none other than Lucy from Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.

Over the past few generations of fighting games, one major trend has taken the genre by storm - guest characters. Whether it's Homelander in Mortal Kombat 1, Sonic in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or Negan in Tekken 7, it's clear that fighting fans can't get enough of seeing beloved characters crossover to anoth

Game is good but DLC prices are insane. Not buying anything until the game is complete.
This. Even the base game hasn’t dropped much in price. Buying DLC characters is fine for people who play GG all the time like competitive players. I’d rather buy a complete edition that has all DLC characters, or at least those released so far.

anthony2690

Dlc fighters for those interested, it went up early as it's meant to revealed after top 6 at Evo :)

Posted below , due to error.

Last edited:

amigastar

I really like Strive, although i suck at fighting games.
I just wish Capcom would make a new Street Fighter with these nice graphics Strive has.

cireza

Gold Member
That's what i said about DOA5... and then i was dumb enough to buy DOA6 and it faces the same problem.
I love DoA6. I still think these games are worth the money when you buy only the core game in a deal, for something like 20$. Definitely worth the money, be it Guilty Gear or DoA6. However the additional content is simply way too expensive and not worth it.

If you can be happy with a character select screen that has a ton of greyed out characters, and a game that will throw at you these characters that you don't possess, then this is fine. But these practices tend to suck.

Last edited:
Hype.

Yeah the prices are steep, but I think you get a lot when you buy a character. All the art that goes into a single character, the new gameplay you get access to, and let's not forgot that sweet, sweet filled in character select screen.

Maybe it's just my stockholm syndrome having, sunk cost fallacy infected, dumbass monkey brain talking which has already invested too far into strive, but I don't mind supporting this beautiful game. I love loading a new character into the dojo and running them through their paces just to see the animations, and I suck ass at the game.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Great... now we have to wait 5 years for them to release the definitive edition...

Or be with the scam every year a character and a scenario will come out.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Isn’t GG one of the only franchises to not sport guests from other series? I’m genuinely asking
Might be new for the franchise but not for this iteration/Strive.

At least for Strive they already have Neir/2b already on the roster.

Yup it is granblue Neir/2B is a character for. Completely my bad on that one!

Last edited:
This is amazing. What a wonderful choice for a guest character. I’m all about it. Very happy.

Guilty Gear bringing the hype, very cool.

Edit.
This is about 500 times more exciting then someone like Jam, who is boring as fuck.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Might be new for the franchise but not for this iteration/Strive.

At least for Strive they already have Neir/2b already on the roster.
dd45b9c6d75c15596adc30560404f5876dab5c52v2_hq.jpg

Guilty Gear has never had a guest character before not even in Strive.

Last edited:
Oh damn the “wait for complete edition” people came out in full force.

Why even care to comment? By the time you finally get the game you’ll barely have been part of the community at all, jumping in at the tail end of its lifespan.
And then what likely happens is that you’ll just get washed online over and over because everyone else will have years of experience, and you’ll drop the game, probably complain online about shit you don’t really know about, and then say you’re waiting for the next game, just for this cycle to repeat itself all over, and start waiting for the next complete edition.

Life is just passing you by while you wait for “complete editions”. These aren’t single player games, not really, even if they have some single player modes.
Never understood this mindset.

Top Bottom