• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gulty Gear XX Reload: Worth $20 for single player?

Dave Long

Banned
Yeah, lag was non-existent with folks that live here on the East Coast. The one guy I took on from Arizona was laggy though. That's the kind of stuff you'll get with any precise action game like this though. Physical distance DOES matter.

Had a great time with it. My I-No is better than I thought. :)

B'z-chan

Banned
Damn myself if i buy this game. Too many freaking fighters coming out in the next 4 weeks. But this is the only one with XBL support and i love GGXX. Damn you Xbox damn you. Ok what about Support for custom soundtracks, and other little things?

Dave Long

Banned
Hey, someone put me on their friend list last night. "No something-or-other" Was that someone from here? (it really wasn't something-or-other, I'm just not at the Xbox and I don't remember what the name was)

The invitation is still open though. Any other GAFers, add me to your friend list and we'll fight!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
That would be me. 'No Depth' is my gamertag.

Did you get the attached voicemail too? I didn't even realize XBL was using voice messaging until I added your tag. I noticed you were playing last night, but likely against Cathcart, so I couldn't invite you to a match.

Dave Long

Banned
Cool! I thought maybe it was you! I've got you in my friends. We'll play soon.

I did some random matchups (two of them) and then I did play with Cathcart for a bit. According to Mike, you CAN see invites while in a game. It's down in the bottom right corner of the screen or something like that. I was inviting him while he was playing with another guy and he saw my nags.

I did not get the attached voicemail though... not yet anyway. Maybe I have to get that in the dashboard? I'm still new to this Live thing. :)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
There's no way this comes with a 2 month trial, is there? I'd love to play, but I can't fork out the money for live right now.

Nester

RevenantKioku said:
There's no way this comes with a 2 month trial, is there? I'd love to play, but I can't fork out the money for live right now.

I don't think it came with one, but I have at least one extra one at home. I get off work in a couple hours, if you don't already come across one I'll give you the code for it.

My eb only got a few copies, snagged one quick. Next will be SF Collection. Then the KOF 2003/2004 collection. XDude is becoming the best place for fighters. Wh00t.

Brandon F

Gawd I can't wait for SF Collection to get online.

A neat variation on Hyper SF2 my group has been doing involves winner moving down the rung one SF2 generation from SuperT--->Normal with each successive victory. (New rotating challengers start on SuperT). Matches can get pretty hairy and imbalanced, but ultimate bragging rights go to the one that can do a full rotation on the sluggish as shit Normal mode. What a great package AC has turned out to be!

Dave Long

Banned
Yeah, I'm super pumped for SFAC on the Xbox. I'm going to have to spend some time with SFIII:3S on Dreamcast to prepare for that. I'm sure there's a lot of folks here that will rule me anyway, but I'd like to make at least a decent showing. :)

Brandon F

It's funny how aggressive I am in SC2 with Guard Impacts, hell I can be pretty damned proficient with it, but when it comes to Parrying in SF3...fuggedaboutit. It's always so thrilling when I happen to accidentally pull it off unexpectedly, particularly in the beginning of some super. Hell, even when I attempt it on easy stuff like a fireball, I often botch the timing.

I'm just far too conditioned to straightforward blocking.

B'z-chan

Banned
I guess i should have read but custom soundtracks arent obviously here. /cry I do however want to know what communicator functions they added to the game. Obviously not just for Xbl. So far though the only thing holding me back is Controler S for my Xbox.

This is selling out everywhere though. only 4 copies at my local eb and Zero copies at all the Gamestop stores.

Top Bottom