• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

New vid: "Hugh Mungus Needs Our Help"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQPq1VLXY7U

Anyone who checks the H3 subreddit probably saw this coming, but I didn't expect a vid on it so soon. Basically, Hugh is in a pretty bad way. Going through cancer treatment, had hip replacement surgery recently and hasn't been able to work, got an eviction notice from his landlord recently. Ethan set up a "YouCaring" fund in his name to try to help him out. Anyone with the means to do so should definitely consider donating: https://www.youcaring.com/rudypantojajr-686813

The site is down right now but I'll chip in a little to help out. What an awful situation.

Maximo

Anyone who checks the H3 subreddit probably saw this coming, but I didn't expect a vid on it so soon. Basically, Hugh is in a pretty bad way. Going through cancer treatment, had hip replacement surgery recently and hasn't been able to work, got an eviction notice from his landlord recently. Ethan set up a "YouCaring" fund in his name to try to help him out. Anyone with the means to do so should definitely consider donating: https://www.youcaring.com/rudypantojajr-686813

Hahaha holy shit she accepted and took H3H3's money but removed their name and their comment, man the hula girl slayed me.

hamchan

Dayum, poor Hugh Mungus.

Don't know much about that site but they say the subject matter incites controversy, does not have a clear cause and does not fit within their listed categories.

Enough good samaritans must have complained.

Oreoleo

Pretty shitty thing for YouCaring to do. Not a good look at all. At least they took Zarna's down as well so she won't be getting any of that meme money.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
That picture of Rudy is so perfect.

15870409_1478579877.2219.jpg

Up to about $27k already.

Ray Wonder

28k now, lookinmg forward to ethans video on it tomorrow when he realizes.

He's making one today to update about the change to GoFundMe I think. Which I'm sure he notices that this shit exploded. At least I hope he sees before he makes the video.

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Made a small donation and noticed it's just gone past $35,000!

Anyone else notice Flux Pavillion was originally one of the largest donators!

Steamlord

Awesome to see how well the GoFundMe is doing.

Also, as someone who was mildly put off by Ethan's attitude toward feminism in some recent videos (not necessarily his actual thoughts on feminism, just the way he addressed the issue), I have to say he knocked it out of the park in the latest video. His elf/orc analogy was incredible, lol

thenexus6

The fact that Zarna is just accepting the money but removing peoples names is absolutely crazy! That just says everything you need to know about her.

I do find it a little annoying she managed to "raise" like $900 or whatever though (before it was removed), mostly people from the H3 community thinking its funny to follow Ethan in that video. Really stupid there everyone..

Ray Wonder

Dude's getting life changing money at this point. I thought 50k was a stretch. I can see it going way over 100k after ethan puts out his new video.

Oreoleo

The fact that Zarna is just accepting the money but removing peoples names is absolutely crazy! That just says everything you need to know about her.

I do find it a little annoying she managed to "raise" like $900 or whatever though (before it was removed), mostly people from the H3 community thinking its funny to follow Ethan in that video. Really stupid there everyone..
YouCaring removed her fundraiser along with the one for Hugh Mungus. She ain't gettin shit! Pretty scummy move by her all the same.

The reaction for the Hugh Mungus GoFundMe is insane! I thought it would struggle getting over 5-10k. Very happy to see the results so far.

(My phone auto corrected "mungus" to a proper noun with a capital M lol)

Zaventem

YouCaring removed her fundraiser along with the one for Hugh Mungus. She ain't gettin shit! Pretty scummy move by her all the same.

The reaction for the Hugh Mungus GoFundMe is insane! I thought it would struggle getting over 5-10k. Very happy to see the results so far.

(My phone auto corrected "mungus" to a proper noun with a capital M lol)

Yeah, i gave some crash when it was below 40k now it's near 76? what a great fanbase.

$130,447.... whistles...

This has got to be one weird-ass roller coaster ride of a year for Ol Hugh Mungus.

That facial expression says it all.

"wtf is going on?"

The accompanying video

My Thoughts On The Election

two important tweets. Paul Ryan, and Ethan Klein.

That video doesn't sit well with me. He's got a point about how the liberals and democrats shouldn't shut down everyone who doesn't agree with them, but calling someone out as being a racist when they're not, seems like a strawman argument. As well his rant on outrage culture and "SJW" is uncomfortable, as it's what the Trump-supporter at my job does when he's cherry picking certain people as a way to justify his hatred for anyone left leaning and socially progressive.

"You see what the regressive left and cultural marxists are doing? They're attacking the peaceful Trump supporters, when the Trump supporters never do the same thing".

Essentially, calling someone out for being a racist when they're not, is not a representation of the people who are protesting Trump's awful comments on the behalf of minorities, the disabled, and women.

hamchan

It doesn't work telling everyone to now be on the same team, when Trump ran on a platform of telling everyone minorities don't belong on the team.

Ethan continues to be completely tone deaf when it comes to politics and why people are hurting in this country. Not unexpected, but still disappointing. Glad I unsubbed awhile ago.

Seventy70

Disappointing video. While I agree with the tone of his message that everyone needs to tone it down a bit, he's missing the point. The fact is that a racist, sexist, and xenophobic person was elected to be president by a slight margin. The KKK victory rally is proof enough of that. Ethan needs to take his own advice, sit down and have a polite discussion with someone on why this is bad. The ironic thing is that he's sheltered himself in the same exact echo chambers he complains about.

freoleo29

You guys need to stop overanalysing a comedy channels views on politics, honestly time to just get over it and move on, every country has had shit leaders, it isn't like it actually matters in the end anyway.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
You guys need to stop overanalysing a comedy channels views on politics, honestly time to just get over it and move on, every country has had shit leaders, it isn't like it actually matters in the end anyway.

I imagine for minorities it may matter.

Also, he produced a video about the election. What do you expect people to talk about?

I don't see what's wrong with discussing Ethan's political views when, despite claiming to be a comedy channel and 'wanting to stay out of it,' he's consistently been bringing them up. He's not immune from criticism and shouldn't be, especially when he's shown himself again and again to be willfully ignorant and intellectually dishonest of the reasons why people are actually upset right now.

There's no surprise that the subreddit and his community is now full of people who genuinely think he lied about voting for Clinton to keep social justice warriors off his back and think that Ethan is the smartest and most fair guy on the Internet to talk about politics. The cult of personality around him is kinda bizarre.

Bacon

He just made a video directly discussing politics. What do you expect people to be talking about?

freoleo29

I didn't say not to talk about the video, I said to stop overanalysing it

It's comedy and its made for laughs but everyone is trying to read in for some deeper message, if you want that then go and watch a political news channel or something

Aiii

So not worth it
It's social commentary, it's not "made for laughs", it's a commentary with a comedic backdrop at best in this case.

And it's very flawed social commentary, as there's a very real threat to freedoms to minorities of all variations with this particular outcome, with the entire country under Republic rule and a president and potential cabinet of some of the most conservative leadership America has seen in a very long time. Telling people to not have a reaction to it "because this happens all the time" is a pretty narrow pov to have. LGBT people, immigrants, and a whole bunch of other groups have a lot to lose and telling them to not be scared is a very privileged viewpoint to have. I am sure Ethan means well, but he's missing the point.

I didn't say not to talk about the video, I said to stop overanalysing it

It's comedy and its made for laughs but everyone is trying to read in for some deeper message, if you want that then go and watch a political news channel or something

Nothing about that video was funny, unless you think a "rich YouTuber shrugging off the fears of minorities and women and blaming Trump winning on Internet SJWs because he's incredibly triggered by identity politics" is hilarious.

freoleo29

It's social commentary, it's not "made for laughs", it's a commentary with a comedic backdrop at best in this case.

I think you will find that H3H3productions has always been for the goofs and gaffs(essentially "made for laughs")

Nothing about that video was funny, unless you think a "rich YouTuber shrugging off the fears of minorities and women and blaming Trump winning on Internet SJWs because he's incredibly triggered by identity politics" is hilarious.
Straight off the bat his pure excitement at getting his tweet on the news was funny "I'm kinda a big deal, I'm kinda famous"��

The pleading for people to reach out to Melania to get his intro too

but whatever if you don't find him funny then I don't know why you are watching, you aren't going to be suddenly enlightened watching a H3H3 vid

Top Bottom