• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hackcess: The Thread

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Awesome, thanks biggyfries. We should really keep ALL our discussion in here so our rivals can't garner any intel about us.

We should prolly remove the referal links from the other thread as they can potentially use them to see how many machines we have

Mik2121

Yup. I'd say we keep info about referrals and farm-able accounts here, so only GAF members can use them.

chapel

Banned
Well as I said in the other thread we should only use this for attack or strategy info. We can't afford to let the primary thread go dead as that is our source of new members. Our strength is in our numbers since we came do late in the game.

I am not sure it would be prudent to move all the referral links either, would be a pain at this point, because not only is my list there but every one else's posts with the link in there.

Man. I need to go to bed.

I'll be back tomorrow morning.

Edit: I agree with Chapel; we need to keep the original thread alive. We've come too far to lose new recruits. :lol

chapel said:
Well as I said in the other thread we should only use this for attack or strategy info. We can't afford to let the primary thread go dead as that is our source of new members. Our strength is in our numbers since we came do late in the game.

I am not sure it would be prudent to move all the referral links either, would be a pain at this point, because not only is my list there but every one else's posts with the link in there.

It would be wise for u to get rid of thoes huge lists of users referal links and post em here. Anybody who leaves their links in the other thread does so at their own risk.

Ofc we need a copy of that big list in the OP in this thread

Mik2121

chapel said:

Dude, I just checked some users in your list. A few links are wrong! (mine doesn't even exist even though I'm listed, if you click mine it goes to someone's else, but nobody's link goes to mine)

Chapel did a great job with that list, and I recommend he keeps it up, if he wants to. I can put the list in the OP, but it won't be until tomorrow morning when I'm in front of my pc again.

chapel

Banned
Okay, all the OP has to do is quote me. I will keep it updated here.

Whatever players are you grouped next to are the only ones you are responsible for clicking. Try to do it every 24 hours. If everyone follows the rule then you will get full referrals every day. Oh and yes you can click your own link once so a group of 5 is enough.

Userlist
Falagard
reallyfull
ShallNoiseUpon
iapetus
osmosis

Flambe (mrthou?)
SonicX_Zero
OgTheClever
Kirashi (Noctis?)
Gaz Pwnage

Mik2121
Hawkian
Nihilistic Monk
Beaulieu
JSnake

Tucah
STG
vectorman06 (victorprime?)
Razorskin
biggyfries

Vanpira (KillerSaint?)
InfectedZero
Metiphis
Masaki_
kIdMuScLe

chapel
The Abominable Snowman (vagabond?)
OwNii
undis (ikarus?)
Katana_Strikes

Epic_Dave (Defcon?)
VibratingDonkey
F#A#Oo (Affluenza?)
evilpigking
durendal

d[-_-]b
Zeouterlimits
zaxor0
llonesmiz
FerranMG

Foxix
Soakedjunk
Omnicent (Esaria)
ringlord
Forkball

Danthrax
jersoc
vertopci
Instro
dygiT (kdyg?)

JKTrix
DanteFox
Zuhzuhzombie!!
partisan
TheNiX

TheKurgan
Articate
SmokinGunZ1981
Remy
Im_Special

Treefrog
c2morg
Label
will52
Javaman

Affeinvasion
manueldelalas
skrew
r3d panda
frontieruk

Orbitcube
TwIsTeD
Roughmar
mus6677
Joe
john2kx
BlaneH

Just so you know you can link to this thread from the main thread because only members can follow it. I may do that to keep people up to date on the above list.

chapel

Banned
Mik2121 said:
Dude, I just checked some users in your list. A few links are wrong! (mine doesn't even exist even though I'm listed, if you click mine it goes to someone's else, but nobody's link goes to mine)
Sorry about that mik, not sure how it happened other than possibly having copied your link then spaced it and copied another link or something. TBH I don't know but it should be fixed now.

Mik2121

chapel said:
Sorry about that mik, not sure how it happened other than possibly having copied your link then spaced it and copied another link or something. TBH I don't know but it should be fixed now.
Yup. Fixed now!. Thanks.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Gaz Pwnage said:
Iv tried to attack this guy twice now and failed both times =/

He attacked me back too

zinfamous 4 minutes ago You were defeated. 28 384

That sucks. Is your bandwidth rank better than 308th?

chapel

Banned
Danthrax said:
That sucks. Is your bandwidth rank better than 308th?
I have attacked people up to 50 ranks lower. The problem is they are two sets of ranks so they aren't directly comparable. So 50th mhz and 50th kbps aren't the same. I would say that anything over 80 ranks lower is a pretty good bet to win.

Also remember that the higher the ranks the higher the numbers and possibly higher disparity between numbers so rank 10 may be 500k mhz and rank 11 may be 400k mhz. Same thing applies to kbps.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
chapel said:
I have attacked people up to 50 ranks lower. The problem is they are two sets of ranks so they aren't directly comparable. So 50th mhz and 50th kbps aren't the same. I would say that anything over 80 ranks lower is a pretty good bet to win.

Also remember that the higher the ranks the higher the numbers and possibly higher disparity between numbers so rank 10 may be 500k mhz and rank 11 may be 400k mhz. Same thing applies to kbps.

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Gaz Pwnage said:
yeah its 274th

Well what's your bandwidth? Maybe we can zero in on what this guy's mhz is.

Danthrax said:
That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Well what's your bandwidth? Maybe we can zero in on what this guy's mhz is.

58,876Kbps Rank 274th
84,468Mhz Rank 285th

So he's between 71xxx Mhz and 85xxx Mhz

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Gaz Pwnage said:
damn, whos killer saint/? Just jumped to 161 to the top of the GAF clan

I don't know, but because of him (and his possible h4x?) our crew rank is now 8th. W00t?

Got over 100k Mhz now. Just need to max my storage so all my credits cant get stolen. Seem to have a feud on with a guy named sanDman. I kindly let him know what ill do to him if he doesn't stop pillaging me lol

ok, i was able to update the OP. If anything is missing, or there is something I need to elaborate on a bit more, just let me know.

btw. does anyone know how to change the thread title? :lol :lol

Omnicent

Javaman said:
I'm going to sign up tonight. Does anyone have any good getting started tips ?

You will want to put some credits into kbps so you can attack people to start building credits.
Early own mhz is not as important since the amount you will have infected will be small.
You want to try to build up your virus and vault level (my rule of thumb is tick*5 <= amount my vault can hold. That way I only have to check every 2-3 hours, though when I sleep I just have to hope I don't get robbed).

Basicly you want to focus on kbps initaly to get going and then shift to virus and vault turtle combo (with some mhz as you get more infections). From there you want to keep upgrading your virus and vault, but don't neglect your kbps and mhz.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Javaman said:
I'm going to sign up tonight. Does anyone have any good getting started tips ?

Omniscient has some good tips. I'd add how I started, which has worked pretty decently:

Get yourself a small amount of kbps, maybe 56, so you can attack some of the players near your overall rank (in the 900s/high 800s). Also buy a little mhz to protect yourself from small, random attacks while you bulk up other things for a while; I recommend buying a Prescott, then forgetting about mhz for a while.

Then focus on increasing your vault size into you're within striking distance of buying your first virus upgrade (probably when you're at a Level 6 vault, which holds 6,300 credits). Once you've upgraded your virus, switch off between upgrading your attack a bit, then upgrading your vault a couple times, then getting a new virus. Bump up your mhz if you get attacked somewhat frequently, but for the most part, don't worry about it until you're at a higher overall rank.

Wait until you have 3 to 5 fresh IPs before going on a raid. There are two reasons for this:

1) If you're making a run up to an amount of money larger than your vault can hold so you can buy something, you want to have enough IPs to get to that amount and buy what you need. If you only use a couple IPs to attack and you end up just short of your goal, you may be left with a lot of money hanging outside of your vault, which is vulnerable to attack.

2) If you find someone with a LOT of money, you want to have extra IPs to keep attacking them! For example, if you get 15,000 credits off someone and the attack screen says you've only taken 5% of their money, you probably want to hit reload on your browser and keep attacking!

I hope that helps!

Javaman

Omnicent said:
You will want to put some credits into kbps so you can attack people to start building credits.
Early own mhz is not as important since the amount you will have infected will be small.
You want to try to build up your virus and vault level (my rule of thumb is tick*5 <= amount my vault can hold. That way I only have to check every 2-3 hours, though when I sleep I just have to hope I don't get robbed).

Basicly you want to focus on kbps initaly to get going and then shift to virus and vault turtle combo (with some mhz as you get more infections). From there you want to keep upgrading your virus and vault, but don't neglect your kbps and mhz.

Awesome, Thanks!

I'm getting a Mafia mob wars vibe from this game just from the descriptions and posts I've read so far.

Edit: Thanks to you too Danthrax!

One of the things Ive been doing is buying the 1.5 ADSL when I can, and once I get up to 7-8 of them, I sell them, and buy a ADSL2 line.

I might be losing some credits, but it works out, that way I dont have that much out of my vault area (currently at Lvl 9).

Currently at 7572 mHz, and Ive been lucky with a lack of attacks on me lately.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Just upgraded my virus to level 3 and vault to level 10. Not doing too badly! And no one's ever taken money from me in an attack, but they have disconnected about 115 machines from me. =\

Damned ATOTs keep hitting me:

LEDominator 8 hours ago You were defeated. 0 14
l0cke 11 hours ago You were defeated. 0 26
l0cke 13 hours ago You were defeated. 0 20
l0cke 13 hours ago You were defeated. 0 5
bucwylde23 14 hours ago You were defeated. 0 23

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
A lot of ATOTs have discussed leaving Hackcess because they're bored after only playing it for about a week. In the last three hours, they've turned that discussion to a plan to daisy chain their accounts' money into one "super account," a player that will be number one for presumably a very long time, and leave that account there as the entire group pulls out.

Now, this is generally good news for us because that means there will be less competition in the long run after they do this. But we can take advantage of this little operation by hitting their accounts when they start selling. We probably won't even need to buy a lot of kbps to pull it off, either, considering they'll be selling all their mhz so there's more money for the next account to take.

I'll keep monitoring their thread and keep you guys apprised. In the meantime, here's their relevant conversation:

GasX
09/04/2009 09:57 AM
If we quit, we should do it so we can make one super powerful player to see if he can be #1 and then <poof>

DesiPower
09/04/2009 09:58 AM
How?

GasX
09/04/2009 10:09 AM
You sell everything and I use 5 IPs to take it all. I sell and the next guy does likewise. We just have to do it on the DL, so other people don't steal the millions.

If we do it right, we could make SSSNAIL #1 in MHz and kbps and unleash the fails

KayGee
09/04/2009 11:22 AM
I agree with this 100%.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello
09/04/2009 12:06 PM
We could make it go faster too by making it kind of like a pyramid scheme vs. just concentrating on one guy the whole time

(We divide up and have one half of us sell everything while the other half attacks one designated target)

Then repeat that halving process until we get to one player.

There would be more of a chance for that to go horribly wrong though :p

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
biggyfries said:
Holy fuck! Got 267k off that account!

Upgraded my virus, bitches!!! :lol

:lol Yeah I just attacked three times (all the fresh IPs I had) and got 215k. Just upgraded my virus to level 4 and my vault to level 11!

Maybe I should switch to playing the Spy in Team Fortress 2 :lol

Omnicent

Glade the site is back up. Was able to get in 5 attacks netting about 350k. Upgraded my mhz since I'm approaching 50k/tick and don't want to lessen the chance I'll loose my machines. I'm about 1/2 way to getting lvl 8 virus :D so thats good.

chapel

Banned
When there are new members with less than 3 to a group I will just piggy back the 2 on the last group. Once they hit 3 I will make them their own group. I would say that other people help them out if they want.

Top Bottom