• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hackcess: The Thread

Omnicent

biggyfries said:
should I sell all 6 of my ADSL2 lines, and upgrade my virus? that would take me back down to about 4 512 lines.

As long as you are able to farm credits afterwards go for it.
For me to get lv8 virus thats what I'm going to do. My vault only holds 144kish and i need 1.96mil
I so I'll be sitting at 1.8mil out of my vault.
If I was to buy 1.8 mil worth and sell (counting for 75% sell back) I'd need about 2.45mil bought to sell back to have enough (I'd basicly loose 490k). Assuming I were to get ganked at 1.8mil (just letting my cr sit unprotected) for like an average of 15% twice (this is being very generous. It'd probably be more like 25%+ average) I'd loose about 500k.

Id rather buy and sell back as I have far more control of when/if I will be ganked (wait till there is about 5 min pre-tick and hope for the best). Now there is a chance you could get ganked as soon as you sell your stuff, but I'd rather take that chance.

Sorry for the long winded paragraph. Working on some assembly and I'm bored as shit.

Omnicent said:
As long as you are able to farm credits afterwards go for it.
For me to get lv8 virus thats what I'm going to do. My vault only holds 144kish and i need 1.96mil
I so I'll be sitting at 1.8mil out of my vault.
If I was to buy 1.8 mil worth and sell (counting for 75% sell back) I'd need about 2.45mil bought to sell back to have enough (I'd basicly loose 490k). Assuming I were to get ganked at 1.8mil (just letting my cr sit unprotected) for like an average of 15% twice (this is being very generous. It'd probably be more like 25%+ average) I'd loose about 500k.

Id rather buy and sell back as I have far more control of when/if I will be ganked (wait till there is about 5 min pre-tick and hope for the best). Now there is a chance you could get ganked as soon as you sell your stuff, but I'd rather take that chance.

Sorry for the long winded paragraph. Working on some assembly and I'm bored as shit.

Thanks for that. I decided to sell my lines, and get another virus upgrade. My vault is still low (level 9), but I have been more focused on my bandwidth anyway. :D

Razorskin

----- ------
I just got 213K off a guy, this is the third time I've attacked him and usually gives 50-70K.
Got my virus upgraded, first to pm me gets the guys name/rank. I'd rather not see the guy go broke since I plan to attack him more in the future.

Edit:don't pm me already taken.

Omnicent

fuuuuuuuu! I accidently bought 16 more 512 kbps when i ment to sell the old 16, so now im sitting at 60k from lv 8 virus. damn. If i didn't mess up I'd have a nice lb8 virus right now.
i'd need to last 2 ticks to get enough(not going to happen as often as im attacked >.< well anyways 1.9k * .75 = 1.4mil >.< Looks like im waiting (not chancing 1.9 mil).

Going to take me 7ish hours to get enough from ticks >.< See everyone in 7 hours.

Instro

^Wouldnt it be better to sell mhz rather than kbs? Seems like it would be easier that way you have the ability to attack and get money quick to rebuild what you sold.

Omnicent

Instro said:
^Wouldnt it be better to sell mhz rather than kbs? Seems like it would be easier that way you have the ability to attack and get money quick to rebuild what you sold.

At the moment I make enough in ticks where I can get 100k kbps/mhz in a few hours (when you count int clean IP's) so I just sell whichever. With lv8 virus I'll make even more per tick. Would take 5ish hours to get 100k in kbps and mhz from 0 (I won't be sitting at 0 though).

Besides I want to avoid being attacked so I want to keep my mhz up if anything. Loosing a few of my infected machines drops my tick (and i don't like that).

Remy

Some of my larger hits lately (I'm at #519 right now):

Code:
Campo	8 hours ago	You succeeded.	104,227	40
http://hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=1014

sam1123	1 days ago	You succeeded.	59,426	1160
sam1123	8 hours ago	You succeeded.	48,274	791
http://hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=2026

HackerVirusWorm	4 hours ago	You succeeded.	56,608	134
http://hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=1272

sam1123 is still ranked in the 200's despite his Mhz/bandwidth being sub-800.

Instro

Well got my lvl 7 virus, had to sell off quite a bit to get it though, hopefully i dont get attack to much for the rest of the day, really dont want my machines getting hammered.

Razorskin

----- ------
Remy said:
Some of my larger hits lately (I'm at #519 right now):

Code:
Campo	8 hours ago	You succeeded.	104,227	40
http://hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=1014

sam1123	1 days ago	You succeeded.	59,426	1160
sam1123	8 hours ago	You succeeded.	48,274	791
http://hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=2026

HackerVirusWorm	4 hours ago	You succeeded.	56,608	134
http://hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=1272

sam1123 is still ranked in the 200's despite his Mhz/bandwidth being sub-800.

sam has level 8 virus and a ton of machines, that's why he's so high.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Just hit up the referral links for everyone in my group. [salute]

Good idea on breaking them up into groups, BTW.

Danthrax said:
Just hit up the referral links for everyone in my group. [salute]

Good idea on breaking them up into groups, BTW.

Yep, superb idea. Just hit all my homies up, hope they do the same for me :D They all had many more machines than me it seems!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Spoons Crew

MatchstiK - 38
Megahertz Rank: 71st
Bandwidth Rank: 30th

Dunccc - 51
Megahertz Rank: 40th
Bandwidth Rank: 102nd

Isepic - 112
Megahertz Rank: 98th
Bandwidth Rank: 128th

IronMicEnvy - 117
Megahertz Rank: 65th
Bandwidth Rank: 340th

pudgygiant - 126
Megahertz Rank: 43rd
Bandwidth Rank: 550th

swoop - 170
Megahertz Rank: 227th
Bandwidth Rank: 104th

evildeliverance - 175
Megahertz Rank: 309th
Bandwidth Rank: 87th

postaldude - 186
Megahertz Rank: 292nd
Bandwidth Rank: 106th

Funkpanzer - 205
Megahertz Rank: 199th
Bandwidth Rank: 206th

doug - 232
Megahertz Rank: 295th
Bandwidth Rank: 270th

Aleksei - 272 (Bank? - Has no machines left.)
Megahertz Rank: 846th
Bandwidth Rank: 861st

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Omnicent said:
you rock Label

Hah I am just bored as I cannot sleep!

Going to wait till the next tick till I go to bed, and hopefully I shall have enough for my damn level 7 virus. (as long as I do not get attacked during the night)

Razorskin

----- ------
Label said:
Hah I am just bored as I cannot sleep!

Going to wait till the next tick till I go to bed, and hopefully I shall have enough for my damn level 7 virus. (as long as I do not get attacked during the night)

Working my way to level 7 as well. Should definitely be done tonight.

Omnicent

biggyfries said:
Um...yeah, Ive been hitting this one for a while, too. only got a couple good hits (+20k).

hopefully other people are having better luck with it than I.
You need to give Aleskie a day or so to get some decent cash from that one.

It's been ganked for most of its credits

Aleksei 2 days ago You succeeded. 30,842 175
Aleksei 2 days ago You succeeded. 57,294 592
Aleksei 2 days ago You succeeded. 142,980 446
Aleksei 2 days ago You succeeded. 2,128 355
Aleksei 2 days ago You succeeded. 112,095 1209
Aleksei 2 days ago You succeeded. 49,899 394
Aleksei 2 days ago You succeeded. 96,320 1391
Aleksei 3 days ago You succeeded. 20,801 1455
Aleksei 3 days ago You succeeded. 197,336 771
Aleksei 3 days ago You succeeded. 358,791 1427
Aleksei 3 days ago You succeeded. 261,694 2132
Aleksei 3 days ago You succeeded. 239,877 683

Since it's been a good cashcow I'll probably stop ganking and move on to some of my other good cashcows (share the wealth). I tend to wait for 4-8 hours before zerging Aleskei with 3-5 clean ip's.
Not sure how many machines that account has left as I have not hit that one up for 2 days now.

I find it best to find 20 (try to find at least 10 and make note) good cashcows and rotate them so that there machines infected recover and they get some good ticks in. I make at least 100k per clean ip doing this.

Just go through your attack list and find a correlation between the time of good hits to get a rough idea when they should have a viable amount of credits. Usually every 4-8 hours once you find some good farming accounts to hit up on.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sweet just noticed we have reached rank 5! :D

I have also finally reached level 7 virus!

jersoc

moving up the ranks puts a big target on your head. i think I may have to build up some MHZ now. My vault holds 97k, but it's not enough to hold for upgrading.

Woo!

Woke up to over 300k in the piggy bank and not one attack. :lol

So I cleaned a few people out and upgraded my Virus to Lvl 6, finally. Need to upgrade my vault now. Leaving so much go unprotected is scary.

Omnicent

Woke up to work on some projects. Went from a level 15 vault to 17 in one go.
Now it's time to save up for level 18 (about half way there).

Think I'm on for my best day's haul today. Think my bes day was over 400k. I'm just over 300k this morning so, if all goes well...

Hopefully get into the top 400 today after a slow day of none movement yesterday. Already moved up some 40 odd places, thanks to upgrading my virus. My target is to upgrade it again today but that might fall flat on it's face.

Razorskin

----- ------
Woke up with 550K today and attacked a few people and got my virus to level 7. Lucky me I didn't get attacked overnight.

I'm gonna lose a lot of money next week when I get back to work. Won't have time to check on a morning, so I'm going to be left vunerable for the majority of the days then. :(

anyone wanna get these fuckers for me? :lol

magnys 31 minutes ago You were defeated. 95,375 645
screw 2 hours ago You were defeated. 33,007 664
screw 2 hours ago You were defeated. 120,757 632

Crew: Retaliation

Player: Screw
Overall Rank: 427th
Megahertz Rank: 404th
Bandwidth Rank: 392nd

Player: frenzalanimatio
Overall Rank: 155th
Megahertz Rank: 170th
Bandwidth Rank: 159th

Player: Screwy
Overall Rank: 513rd
Megahertz Rank: 1042nd
Bandwidth Rank: 429th

edit:
and here's this guy:

Player: magnys
Overall Rank: 441st
Megahertz Rank: 342nd
Bandwidth Rank: 243rd
Crew: WhatCD

Articate

Banned
o hey. Private thread! Hmm, how to save up for virus 7 without pissing my pants? I make nearly 30k a tick, now, yay!

Articate said:
o hey. Private thread! Hmm, how to save up for virus 7 without pissing my pants? I make nearly 30k a tick, now, yay!

Im in the same boat, except my income/tick is 22k.

my plan is to get about 8 each of the quad xeons and ADSL2 lines. after that, sell those off, and get that lvl 7 virus.

my vault is at 12 right now, so I need to upgrade at least once more before I can continue on my diabolical plan. :lol :lol

Razorskin

----- ------
Articate said:

Wait and hope to not get attacked or buy some Quad Xeons to keep your money safe and sell them back. You'll lose 25% of what you spent to buy them but at least you won't lose money when you get attacked.

Razorskin said:
Wait and hope to not get attacked or buy some Quad Xeons to keep your money safe and sell them back. You'll lose 25% of what you spent to buy them but at least you won't lose money when you get attacked.

totally agree. I would rather take the hit on the sellback, than a 50-100k loss from an attack.

Vanpira said:
Is anyone in my ref group even playing anymore?

You can always use a proxy to max out your own referrals. Pick a proxy from this list paste your referral link and hit surf. Just repeat the process picking a different proxy each time until you're maxed for the day.

Top Bottom