• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haha greg k is in gaming age chat..

<GregKasavin> I wish those fuckers at GAF would grow the fuck up.
<MrAngryFace> What do you mean?
<GregKasavin> Well a lot of them are underage and id like to$#()$%$#(
<Orin> LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<Evilore>Thats almost bannable, almost. I think ill watch some of my horrible samurai anime.
<MrAngryFace> Jesus Kas, thats disgusting.
<Hitokage> Im a Mormon.
<GregKasavin> I have a small penis.

COCKLES

being watched
Greg K has put out some stinkers in regard to reviews, but his Halo 2 one was spot-on. I really don't see the problem.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
COCKLES said:
Greg K has put out some stinkers in regard to reviews, but his Halo 2 one was spot-on. I really don't see the problem.

Me neither. People are officially out their fucking gourds with scores.

Sysgen

Deepthroat said:
Can't wait to see him get flamed once he gives Metroid Prime 2 a 9.5 :p

*if he reviews it

He won't review it. They'll get the equivalent of Satterfield to do it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What can you expect? Some Halo 2 fans would have bitched about anything below a 10. I can't believe we've come to the point where 9.4 is now looked at as being a low score. He would just have an easier time if he assumed almost everybody hated him. Then he would stop worrying about all the bitchin'

IJoel said:
I'M ADDICTED TO YOU BUT YOU KNOW THAT YOU'RE TOXIC!

:lol. so true. So Kasavin is suddenly the video reviewer to hate for the month. over a 0.6 mark off perfection for Halo2. Had plenty of popcorn with his review. Kudos.

Its funny really; lots of reviews have been 9.5s and you don't hear bitching. The minute it loes 0.1. OFF WITH HIS HEAD. Spoilers? OFF WITH HIS HEAD. But then it was mostly SMPARRISSMS or whatever his name was.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Im fine with the score but there are some valid compliants to his review, especially the length thing.

Ghost said:
Im fine with the score but there are some valid compliants to his review, especially the length thing.

it was only a throwaway phrase at best; the way I see it; you'd really want more than 8-10 hours out of Single Player Halo2 because that's the component where you begin to care about the Halo universe/story. The story made Halo and without it; it might just as well be some generic FPS. I think what he mean to say in parts was that its disappointing/surprising that it isn't longer. That he wished it was longer and that for all Bungie's posturing about single story play; that it isn't more. He's not quantifying it as lesser but not more. Put the wrong phrase in and get slaughtered for it. I know I expected a longer campaign and not this. :(
an apparently abrupt ending
:(

Halo 2 "mine tonight!"

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The story made Halo and without it; it might just as well be some generic FPS.

No, that's quite wrong. Do we really need to go over this again? Halo's gameplay is anything but generic...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
People played Halo for the story? Cause I sure as hell didnt

The only thing that bothers me about Greg's review is the game length. He makes it sound like it's short by saying that some players will beat it in 1 sitting. What? Maybe if they have 10 hours of free time...any sane person won't beat it in 1 sitting

Wario64 said:

The only thing that bothers me about Greg's review is the game length. He makes it sound like it's short by saying that some players will beat it in 1 sitting. What? Maybe if they have 10 hours of free time...any sane person won't beat it in 1 sitting

he's not saying that but I believe even IGN said you'd be hard pressed not to beat single in 2 days. 2 sittings. I think that's easy enough. That and considering the midnight launch.. People are going to take it home and play it til they're bleary eyed for school/work.

I'm surprised you say that people don't play Halo for the story. :O really

dorio

Banned
The story didn't make Halo. I wouldn't have replayed the campaign dozens of time if the story was the main thing. The combat and controls made Halo. I could care less why I was kicking covenant ass.

olimario

Banned
Wario64 said:

Considering most people I know are taking off of work and/or school tomorrow, I figure a lot of people will have 10 hour sittings.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
People have gotten into the mythology of it, and they've fed that in the abscence of a new game, but your comment about another "generic fps" is just silly. It plays better than any console FPS, fools who cite Goldeneye aside. The truth of the matter is, you can have great art and story, etc. with less gameplay and less people would follow it.

TheDuce22

Banned
Halo didnt really have much of a story. I dont see why pepole are expecting so much. The books add alot to the game but most people havent read them.

BuddyC

MrAngryFace said:
<GregKasavin> I wish those fuckers at GAF would grow the fuck up.
<MrAngryFace> What do you mean?
<GregKasavin> Well a lot of them are underage and id like to$#()$%$#(
<Orin> LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<Evilore>Thats almost bannable, almost. I think ill watch some of my horrible samurai anime.
<MrAngryFace> Jesus Kas, thats disgusting.
<Hitokage> Im a Mormon.
<GregKasavin> I have a small penis.
:lol

Ramirez

If you read the books,then thats where Halo's story becomes so much better than any other game's,IMO.But just the story from the first game itself alone isn't very strong.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ramirez said:
If you read the books,then thats where Halo's story becomes so much better than any other game's,IMO.But just the story from the first game itself alone isn't very strong.
Yeah, it's just too bad Halo 2's story had nothing in common with the 3rd book.

Top Bottom