• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haha greg k is in gaming age chat..

LukeSmith

Wario64 said:
People played Halo for the story? Cause I sure as hell didnt

The only thing that bothers me about Greg's review is the game length. He makes it sound like it's short by saying that some players will beat it in 1 sitting. What? Maybe if they have 10 hours of free time...any sane person won't beat it in 1 sitting

And again, that's on "Normal" -- Heroic and Legendary will not be 10 hour single sitting campaigns.

I think the score is a touch low considering other games in that range and other games Kasavin has reviewed (Riddick comes to mind) and the question about the length is valid. And he seems way more excited about the game in the video review. But a 9.4 is a great score, especially from Gamespot and really, more importantly it's a great score from the reviewer -- anyone who is familiar with GameSpot knows Kasavin is exceptionally tough on games (which is a breath of fresh air).

However, I disagree with his review and reviewed the game differently than he did.

But with a game like Halo 2, are the reviews going to sell copies? No, this isn't a game like Katamari that is going to slip under marketing's radar and need buzz from reviews and internet forums.

M3wThr33

Banned
It's short like some Zelda's are short. People pine for it for way too long and then scarf it down in a single sitting expecting more to be later. Most people measure games in sittings, rather than play time and hyped games typically have higher sitting times, so they take less sessions to complete it.

I know it sounds stupid, but it's the truth.

hirokazu

heh, the only time i've ever been in #ga was during E3's press conferences. didn't even know it was still around.

Blame!

Scoot said:
And again, that's on "Normal" -- Heroic and Legendary will not be 10 hour single sitting campaigns.

I think the score is a touch low considering other games in that range and other games Kasavin has reviewed (Riddick comes to mind) and the question about the length is valid. And he seems way more excited about the game in the video review. But a 9.4 is a great score, especially from Gamespot and really, more importantly it's a great score from the reviewer -- anyone who is familiar with GameSpot knows Kasavin is exceptionally tough on games (which is a breath of fresh air).

However, I disagree with his review and reviewed the game differently than he did.

But with a game like Halo 2, are the reviews going to sell copies? No, this isn't a game like Katamari that is going to slip under marketing's radar and need buzz from reviews and internet forums.

the problem is that the press had to review the game in practically one sitting in some hotel room.

WarPig

Not practically one sitting, one sitting. But we also got copies closer to the embargo date to play some more (late last week), and I'm sure just about everyone working for a major website took advantage of the opportunity.

And yes, no Halo 2 review is going to sway anyone's purchase either way. It's kind of like reviewing a Dragon Ball Z game that way.

DFS.

Top Bottom