• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hahahaha! Best eBay auction of all time! (MTV OWNED!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2482965800&category=6400

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

You've seen this car on the MTV show "Pimp My Ride" and now it can be yours! The car is in great condition, but I am simply too busy of a person to use this car to the extent of it's abilities.

Translation: Once the novelty wore off (which took all of 15 seconds) i realized the car was ugly as sin and i was tired of all the funny looks i got driving around.

Mason

Ninja Scooter said:
Translation: Once the novelty wore off (which took all of 15 seconds) i realized the car was ugly as sin and i was tired of all the funny looks i got driving around.

LOL, so true. I always wondered why those people thought it was that much of an improvement to put shiny, blindingly-bright ugly paint on their car. Not to mention the thousands of dollars of customized stuff and audio/video equipment which is going to be worthless when the piece of shit finally breaks down in 6 months.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Mason said:
LOL, so true. I always wondered why those people thought it was that much of an improvement to put shiny, blindingly-bright ugly paint on their car. Not to mention the thousands of dollars of customized stuff and audio/video equipment which is going to be worthless when the piece of shit finally breaks down in 6 months.

Hahah, yeah. MTV finally listened though. One guy got a BRAND new car (a Scion), and another guy had his whole engine replaced. So MTV's taking the pimpin' even further.

Mason

RedMaiden said:
Hahah, yeah. MTV finally listened though. One guy got a BRAND new car (a Scion), and another guy had his whole engine replaced. So MTV's taking the pimpin' even further.

When was this? I haven't watched it lately, guess it's changed a bit.

i saw a bit of the guy that just got a brand new car. I think that when they took his old piece of shit car to get fixed up, the mechanics realized that it was really pieces of 2 old cars fused together, so that was no good.

Pattergen

If they 'pimped my ride' I would do the same shit. Straight to Ebay/Newspaper ads. There is no god damn point to having a flat screen tv in your driverside and passenger doors!!!

Ok, I only saw that once, but a lot of the mods they make are 100% useless.

Pattergen said:
If they 'pimped my ride' I would do the same shit. Straight to Ebay/Newspaper ads. There is no god damn point to having a flat screen tv in your driverside and passenger doors!!!

Ok, I only saw that once, but a lot of the mods they make are 100% useless.

yeah. I always figured i would ditch the car to a scrap heap, and put all those flat screens in my house.

$18,000 car for a 150K engine? I hope the retard gets a major karma blast, like in his next car, he skids in the rain and wrecks it.

and to the idiot that plans to buy this car, good freakin' luck.

I usually hate this kind of thing, but I really like station wagons, 80s cars, and Nissans...

I wouldn't pay that kind of money for it, I'd swap the chrome rims for something less guady, and I wouldn't paint it yellow - but it's a cool car =D

Takuan

I think it looks pretty cool, myself. The work done on that car is probably worth 18K, but I don't know about that engine...

robox

what the hell is that weirdo cloth they use on the interior? it's like shag carpet except it's for sitting and covering the door panels.

I thought MTV couldn't get anyworse then they started playing this crap here in the UK. WTF is wrong with America I mean really

tt_deeb said:
I always wondered whether or not they would just sell it and make a bunch of money.

It wasn't going to take long especially when you consider how bad they make alot of the cars look. All the extras they add in are nice but alot of the stuff they do to the exterior just makes it look terrible. Plus you have the famous chandelier episode.

tt_deeb

SolidSnakex said:
Plus you have the famous chandelier episode.

Ah, I didn't see that one. I love when the first reveal the car to them and you get that expression on the guys face "Oh shit, now I got to pretend this looks cool for the rest of the episode." And they always seem to way overreact. I could never play that off well especially since I always seem to keep my cool even when I'm really happy about something.

tt_deeb said:
Ah, I didn't see that one.

Basically they had this old car and they were all trying to make it keep a classic and feel. So the one guy that adds accessories says that they're going to do something classy with the car and his idea of classy was replacing the top light with a mini chandelier.

evil ways

I'm still waiting for that episode where the owner of the car getting pimped, sees the car after the pimping, and goes "What the fuck is this shit? what's with all these tv screens? I wanted a car not a fucking movie theater".

MTV will probably never air it so it will have to be done via a parody.

tt_deeb

evil ways said:
I'm still waiting for that episode where the owner of the car getting pimped, sees the car after the pimping, and goes "What the fuck is this shit? what's with all these tv screens? I wanted a car not a fucking movie theater".

MTV will probably never air it so it will have to be done via a parody.

How did you hear about that one? Sounds really funny!

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
MrPing1000 said:
I thought MTV couldn't get anyworse then they started playing this crap here in the UK. WTF is wrong with America I mean really

What's so wrong with the show, honestly? How is it different from the numerous home improvement shows that are out there that cater to 18-25 year olds? This is the same thing, except it appeals to the MTV demographic 16-18 year old. I mean, how many of you didn't own a piece of shit as your first car, and dreamed about totally fixing it up because you loved the car? I would never want that much shit in a single car, but the premise isn't bad and I see how it appeals to the younger kids. They do go a bit overboard and gaudy, but hey, if I could've had that done to my 85 volkswagen GTi when I first owned it, I wouldn't hesitate to make that decision.

I like the idea of the show. I just think they go too far with the look. Alot of the times they'll add alot of pointless decals to the car and it makes it look really bad. Or they'll just add a incredibly ugly color to a car. The TV's and game systems are fine I think it's just what they do to the actual look of the car that's very questionable. But with the ways the cars look before they mod them, the people can't really complain. :p Especially the one chick that used bubblegum to hold the panel of her door together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom