• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 2: Episode 2 keeps crashing on me. Seems to maybe be widepsread?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Could you guys do me a favor and see if HL2: Episode 2 loads for you? Mine crashes when trying to start a new game, and a lot of people on the discussion page are mentioning similar issues. I think there is a problem with the latest update. This is my first time playing Episode 2, and I am using the same settings I just used to play through the main game and Episode 1.

Here's the discussion page:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/420/discussions/

I tried verifying the game cache, deleting local content/redownloading, and messing with the video settings, nothing seems to work. Sorry if this isn't thread worthy .. I just finished Episode 1 and want to know the conclusion.

Could you guys do me a favor and see if HL2: Episode 2 loads for you? Mine crashes when trying to start a new game, and a lot of people on the discussion page are mentioning similar issues. I think there is a problem with the latest update. This is my first time playing Episode 2, and I am using the same settings I just used to play through the main game and Episode 1.

Here's the discussion page:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/420/discussions/

I tried verifying the game cache, deleting local content/redownloading, and messing with the video settings, nothing seems to work. Sorry if this isn't thread worthy .. I just finished Episode 1 and want to know the conclusion.

lol

Saikyo

Now that you mention it, its not working anymore for me too...strange, had played it before, had some saves and everything.

half life 3 confirmed?

Vash63

I just played through it a couple months ago when it released on Linux. Rock solid for me, not a single crash.

Saikyo

Its working for me now on Windows 7, verified the cache and it worked. But I guess the problem is now just for starting the game? Gonna test that...

Edit: Tried a new game and its working.

u3s8MoB.gif

But in all seriousness, maybe a recent patch is creating some instability?

Syf

Banned
i7 870 @ 2.93
GTX460
12Gb Ram.
Hmm yeah I don't know then if you've already tried verifying the cache and reinstalling. I'm running an i7 & Nvidia setup as well and had no trouble. And you have the latest WHQL drivers right? Maybe try fiddling with other settings like Steam cloud functionality and audio too. Other than that I dunno. Good luck!

Top Bottom