• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2 has gone gold!(from GS)

DSN2K

RUMOR #1: Half-Life 2 is gold. Really. No foolin'. Honest.

Source: If we told you, we'd have to kill you.

The official story: Both VU Games and Valve declined comment.

What we heard: Ever since the release candidate for Half-Life 2 was submitted to VU Games in mid-September, a piñata has hung in the lobby of Valve's headquarters. The plan: to bust the sucker open when the game achieved gold status. Earlier today, GameSpot learned from a locally based source that "the piñata has been broken" and the game has gone gold. Further evidence of the game's completion was a press release issued this afternoon touting the first review of "the entire game." Though nothing official has been announced yet, it appears the fat lady is at last clearing her throat.

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus.

link

:D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
With all the crap that VU has gone through and the recent high profile game leaks I'd be hesitant to announce my game has gone gold as well. Hell I'd try to keep it as low profile as possible.

I like how the piñata was the only way for people to know if the game was gold, pretty funny.

post.jpg

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
A screenshot of that infamous event from August 28th? Good job there, I don't believe this news now.

Top Bottom