• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 2 'officially' gold (release date inside)

EviLore said:
Personally I'd much rather keep the 1 model per team with CS:S. In beta I thought it was temporary, but it has improved my reflexes in the game, so...

Yeah. They could have kept only De_Dust too, I knew the map very well. ... ????

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Littleberu said:
Yeah. They could have kept only De_Dust too, I knew the map very well. ... ????

Yeah, like that's the same concept. Player skins don't change the gameplay of CS in any way, except by possibly creating confusion if opposing models look too similar. CS isn't a game like Q3A deathmatch where people can choose whatever kind of avatar they want (since everything's a target), or where distinct color overlays counteract the issue in team games. CS is about reflex action, knowing the map, choosing the right gun and using it in the right situations, knowing the spray characteristics, etc. But primarily being able to recognize that an enemy model is in your sight, then depressing the trigger while pointing at his or her head.

It's fucking ludicrous to compare multiple player model choices to map choices. Additional maps provide new gameplay situations, while having 4 player model choices per side (or whatever) might vaguely satisfy some players' dreams of being special forces operatives, but that's about it.

Player skins don't change the gameplay of CS in any way, except by possibly creating confusion if opposing models look too similar.

Yeah, that's the point. That's eye/hand coordination. You see, you just won't shoot on everything anymore. You'll need to "scan" the area, to make sure it isn't a teammate. That's the point really. Anyway, for me.

And it had a lot more variety too.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm sorry, I just found these pictures funny:
HAHAHHAHA.jpg

riot10.jpg

People are certainly getting really crazy about this!

Damn, looks like I have to save up between 100-140 dollars for that week. Now I just have to think which would be better a combination: MP2 + HL2 - Normal Edition or MP2 + HL2: Collectors Edition

HAHAHHAHA.jpg

lol

SKluck

Banned
Fuck, I want it sooner. I already have HL2 and Halo 2 bought and paid for so I am set. I suppose the big question is when does HL1 source become available? It isn't tied to HL2... is it done? I doubt they would wait for HL2 to unlock HL1 Source. We know DOD:S isn't going to come until the very end of the year at the earliest...

"Preloading is complete. When the game is officially released, you'll be able to play it immediately"

Ohhhh YEAH. Did it always say that after you were done with the released preload packs though?

I guess that means HL2 comes in at 3.3 Gigs. 4.2 with CSS.

firex

Fuck you, Vivendi!

They're doing a 1-2 punch with this and WOW.

edit: by sitting on the gold version of HL2 and rushing WOW to get finished instead of letting Blizzard have another month to get everything they want in.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Claus said:
Bleh, damn %n bug. Ruined all the CS:S fun I was having for tonight. :\

Play on McP's Gamegrid. They have 2 servers up and they fill fast, but they fuck over the retards who do that.

Claus

Banned
ManaByte said:
Play on McP's Gamegrid. They have 2 servers up and they fill fast, but they fuck over the retards who do that.

Yeah, the server I was playing on only has one admin because he rented it for the forum we post on. Problem is he doesn't know any of the admin commands so he can't slay, kick, ban or admin anyone else.

SKluck

Banned
Nope. The %n bug, wireframe, see through walls, full bright cheats/fuck ups are all still in the game, Valve has done nothing. HL2 has been gold since friday, so maybe they will do something soon, and NOT all go on vacation for a couple weeks.

SOME kind of "we're working on it" or SOMETHING would be nice, but we haven't gotten shit from Valve since they released CSS.

Top Bottom