• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 2 Train Station Bink Video...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
While the footage is old (though in much higher quality), this was the first time I've been able to REALLY hear the audio in detail. Even as just a small tease, the sound was absolutely amazing!

Sander

That Bink stuff is weird, I'm getting tearing at 85Hz, does that mean the video is playing at 85+ fps? Seems unlikely :p

Anyway old vid but still sweet, sound design is great indeed.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sander said:
That Bink stuff is weird, I'm getting tearing at 85Hz, does that mean the video is playing at 85+ fps? Seems unlikely :p

Anyway old vid but still sweet, sound design is great indeed.

No, you're way off base. :p

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Thanks Vennt but at 1.2 k/s, this download should complete just around the time Aidan hits college. :| I'll just wait until later...

was all footage id seen before but much higher res, yummy :D I love how Freeman looks around like, ohh shit this isn't good. My throthing demand increases *downloads gman video*

skip

not sure about the g-man one, but yeah the train station is old. the original feed, I think, was someone's video camera at E3 because when you enter the interrogation room, there's laughter. nice to have direct-feed.

still, the amount of personality in that 60-second clip is already equivalent to 15 hours of doom 3.

M3wThr33

Banned
Bah. All of these have been E3 videos. I've seen 'em all. Thanks for getting my hopes up! Although at E3 I did catch some cool stuff when the computer crashed from overheating. (Given, it was inside a sound-proof room all day insulated) It looks like they put mighty fine network encryption on the executable they used and it wasn't even stored on the tower that was visible. It was connecting to a network somewhere to get the game data.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Well, I had never seen any of these before so they were new to me.

Some things about the story make more sense now, mainly that when I first heard of the premise, I thought City 17 was a city under siege by the Combine, rather, it is run by the Combine and Administrator/Dr. Green from the Citadel. Which means I assume that the premise is more of a citywide uprising rather than a defense.

Top Bottom