• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 available in some stores, (Spain)

haloorrrrrrdossss.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Doesn't the voice acting suck in the Spanish version? Someone mentioned that people were REALLY pissed off about the quality of MC's voice...

Lol. It's been confirmed, spanish dubbing was recorded in some sort of south-american spanish instead of spanish-spanish. As you may expect it's understandable, but they are very different dialects. Poor bungie, they'll recieve tons of hatemail in broken english once it's released nation-wide.

I'll get a UK copy, and try this one somehow for fun. Lol again.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
sonatinas said:
One thing I do know about Spaniards is that they think the latins are shit
Yeah, just like all north americans are rednecks, all germans are nazis and all frenchs are cowards. I can play that shit too.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The acting is excellent, but it is Mexican, not Iberian Spanish. The simple reason is that it is available more widely and sells more in non Iberian countries. Which makes sense, no? Otherwise it would be like the English version having an all New Zealand cast.

Stinkles said:
The acting is excellent, but it is Mexican, not Iberian Spanish. The simple reason is that it is available more widely and sells more in non Iberian countries. Which makes sense, no? Otherwise it would be like the English version having an all New Zealand cast.

Well, the spanish spoken in Mexico is as different from the spanish spoken in Spain as the one spoken in south-america. The market in latin-america is small and as far as I know most spanish-speaking american countries receive the us-ntsc version, those where videogames are distributed, that is. If they want to start caring about the latin-american market kudos to them, but the point is that I don't want to see Master Chief turning into the hero of a latin soap-opera, which according to the people who've already played it is how it sounds like.

The point is that it is ridiculous for us.

ourumov

I think I had never laughed so much as I am laughing now with the Halo 2 translation thing. People have began calling it "Chavo 2" instead of "Halo 2".

chavo.jpg

Xbots that won't buy the game, quarrels between south-americans and spaniards, the Chavo 2 logo...It's so fun...

ourumov

Feel sorry for the Halo 2 freaks that won't be buying the game in Spain...And will go for the UK/emule version.
I don't even have an XBOX but after having seen the videos...I just need one. The voice acting is comedy gold.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
ourumov said:
Feel sorry for the Halo 2 freaks that won't be buying the game in Spain...And will go for the UK/emule version.
I don't even have an XBOX but after having seen the videos...I just need one. The voice acting is comedy gold.

you have links to the videos ?

Top Bottom