• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 - Brand New screens & renders (June 30 - Kikizo)

Wowzer.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200406/044.asp

These look some of the best yet if you ask me.

kikizo.com_halo2_01c.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Would they STOP with the high-res pics?! It gives the impression that the game looks WORSE than it really does...

At those resolutions, details you were never meant to see suddenly become crystal clear...

Goofy. Shadows look like butt in what I assume are the single-player screens, and are completely absent in the MP screens.

OTOH, holyfuckingshit does this look gorgeous. Character modeling...mmmm.

dark10x

adrockthekid said:
Goofy. Shadows look like butt in what I assume are the single-player screens, and are completely absent in the MP screens.

OTOH, holyfuckingshit does this look gorgeous. Character modeling...mmmm.

Well, to be fair, they are fully self-shadowed and the screens are blown up. When viewed on a TV, you will be able to appreciate both the added depth from the shadows AND will find the flaws less obvious.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
SantaCruZer said:
Now if Bungie would start taking screenshots from the view you play from...

surprisingly, there are a few. of course, they are still at INSANE resolutions, but still

Since when did it become acceptable to link every single hi res screen on a forum thread?

Bandwidth costs money folks!

Which is why I posted only one screen and the appropriate link! Have *some* consideration for the fuckers...

Joe

they're probably saving the in-game stuff for the heavy ad campaign.

i cant wait to see a sick 45 second commercial at a theatre during the previews. they always make really awesome, climactic trailers.

dorio

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
Now if Bungie would start taking screenshots from the view you play from...
They've never done that and they probably never will because they use their screenshots to show off the detail in the game. Gameplay movies show how the game will look when you're playing it.

dark10x

dorio said:
They've never done that and they probably never will because they use their screenshots to show off the detail in the game. Gameplay movies show how the game will look when you're playing it.

Yep, this is correct. Halo was the same way...

Go find a lot of the older Halo 1 shots and you'll see that they did the same thing. They aren't hiding anything, they are just trying to show off more impressive angles.

Sai

Uhm, this is weird. On every forum save GAF, people are bad-mouthing these screenshots. What the hell is going on? These are some of the better single player campaign shots we've seen.

The upside is that you get to see hi-res versions of cool content, but we should note that the shots are based on a relatively ancient build of Halo 2, and lots of graphics, features and designs have changed subtly and occasionally radically.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
KyotoMecca said:
Since when did it become acceptable to link every single hi res screen on a forum thread?

Bandwidth costs money folks!

Which is why I posted only one screen and the appropriate link! Have *some* consideration for the fuckers...

The more I read this, the more it makes me laugh!

Sai

The fuck? Thought this shit looked familiar.

Folder, why did you bump a 2 month old thread to post somethin' like that?

* Sai glances at his tag.

... Nevermind.

GhaleonEB

I can't find the quote right now, but one of the editors from a magazine was quoted as saying, "Halo 2 will make Halo look like Dig-Dug." I took that to be a good sign.

Top Bottom