• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2: Gold :O

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
So here I am downloading this weeklyupdate_hires.wmv file hoping that it'll be something decent. It's hogging up my bandwith and if it's some sort of crazy film (like the pseudo tour of the offices that was mentioned) I'm going to be angry and smash things. Hulk smash things.

Lakitu

st5fu
Speaking of reviews, when is the OXM -with the Halo 2 review- going to arrive to subscribers? I recall someone saying a week ago that it would arrive to subscribers in a week or two. Just need confirmation :p

Prine

Banned
Half Life story was pretty damn good.

But the Halo universe is what gives it the edge over other FPS ive played. The whole story behind the covenant, halos, flood etc

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm a fan of Halo and I don't give a shit about its cheese story. I just like to drive around and kill stuff while listening to the orchestra music.

"epic" is the key word... a struggle, all of mankind united in a desparate, unwinnable fight... reminds me of independence day or the matrix, something about it owns me good.

Catalyst

Banned
Go Go Ackman! said:
"epic" is the key word... a struggle, all of mankind united in a desparate, unwinnable fight... reminds me of independence day or the matrix, something about it owns me good.
Very much so. Or even Fight Club (which I'm sure a lot of you are obsessed with as well). The Matrix is a great example, and every time I watch Revolutions, Morpheus saying, "He fights for us." brings a tear to my eye.

Master Chief fights for us.

COCKLES

being watched
Catalyst said:
Wow, just wow. Finally. Truly epic, stunning.....Godly. Game of the Generation. Period.

I believe this hyperbole.

believe2.jpg

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Go Go Ackman! said:
Halo 2 has got to be the first FPS to have the epic storyline of a Final Fantasy. Man, it really has me excited.
Bungie recently revealed a few hints about the engame plot. Apparantly at around hour 40 he unmasks himself and you discover that Master Chief is really a Red Mage who's addicted to Pheonix Down's.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Deepthroat said:
That video was nice! I like how one of them was playing Fable
laugh.gif

:D

i like matt's cubicle. what a mess :p

and frank's "dont do drugs!" comment as he was drinking his "punch" from that keg

Kuroyume said:
I'm a fan of Halo and I don't give a shit about its cheese story. I just like to drive around and kill stuff while listening to the orchestra music.

lol

same here.....i dont even know what the story is about really...just aliens versus humans versus other things.

all i cared about was how fun the game was and the game was too damn fun (especially co-op)

anyways....it would be funny if halo2 sucked balls....or had some really super stupid bad bug that made everyone's save curropt at like 70 percent.

peace

BeOnEdge

Banned
THESE ARE THE LAST DAYS OF THE SYSTEM WARS BECAUSE AS SOON AS HALO 2 DROPS, WE WILL ALL SUCCUMB TO HIS MASTERY, THE DARK PRINCE THAT IS X.

PREPARE TO PLAY TOGETHER -- IT'S GOOD

Solid

Anyone know if Halo 2 supports widescreen? Like PGR2, RSC2 and Riddick... I know they confirmed it to IGN during E3 but I'm just checking :)

Catalyst

Banned
BeOnEdge said:
THESE ARE THE LAST DAYS OF THE SYSTEM WARS BECAUSE AS SOON AS HALO 2 DROPS, WE WILL ALL SUCCUMB TO HIS MASTERY, THE DARK PRINCE THAT IS X.

PREPARE TO PLAY TOGETHER -- IT'S GOOD
lol, fuck Microsoft and their Xbox, I just love Halo and will love its sequel.

Fixed2BeBroken said:
anyways....it would be funny if halo2 sucked balls....or had some really super stupid bad bug that made everyone's save curropt at like 70 percent.

Or corrupted your harddrive when you went to uninstall the game like say... Myth II.

Ha, the video was pretty damn funny...

"he is changing his keyboard so it only has one button with the word BAN...so you can comment about that on the forum"

Top Bottom