• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Legendary

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
So I spent a good deal of time playing Halo 2 Legendary last night and it seems to me that Bungie have upped the difficulty in Legendary to the point where it is no longer a really fun challenge (as with Halo) but more an exercise in sadomasochism and patience.

Your shields go down quicker than in Halo and now you don’t have any health. Bungie may claim your shields recharge quicker but it certainly doesn’t feel like the case on Legendary. You have a lot less ammo per gun, the enemies are smarter, more accurate and there are many more of them. I lost count of the number of Elites on the first level!

Anyone else feel like Legendary is now just a ‘bragging rights’ thing for those with the patience or am I just being a pussy?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jetjevons said:
So I spent a good deal of time playing Halo 2 Legendary last night and it seems to me that Bungie have upped the difficulty in Legendary to the point where it is no longer a really fun challenge (as with Halo) but more an exercise in sadomasochism and patience.

Your shields go down quicker than in Halo and now you don’t have any health. Bungie may claim your shields recharge quicker but it certainly doesn’t feel like the case on Legendary. You have a lot less ammo per gun, the enemies are smarter, more accurate and there are many more of them. I lost count of the number of Elites on the first level!

Anyone else feel like Legendary is now just a ‘bragging rights’ thing for those with the patience or am I just being a pussy?

From the Halo 2 sticky

Wario64 said:
I can't even beat the first fucking level for chrissakes. I'm stuck on this checkpoint for OVER TWO HOURS. Wario am crying

At this rate, this game will take me 60 hours to complete on Legendary

I stick my head out and I have 5 fucking elites shooting their weapons at me. I don't even have enough time to throw a grenade. Sheesh

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
You know... I tried my first go on Legendary and got completey ass raped without lube. My shield went down in like three shots and that was it. I think them upping the power of those Covenant rifles has something to do with this.

When I get home later, I'll be starting my new game on Heroic. Maybe I need to be more cunning. Or the game is stupidly hard.

Also, friends are telling me Normal is easier. Could subtle changes like these be pointing at the creative brief that allegedly made Alex Seropian and those other guys wish to leave?

Subtle as these changes are, they do seem to point to a more 'lets make normal more mass market by making it stupidly easy' and 'let's make legendary more hardcore by making it unfair' retard sterotype publisher mindset based on fallic understandings of their markets.

Roll on Stranger...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
offical...halo.....2.....thread....go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom