• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Public Debut at World Cyber Games

Microsoft will host the first public showing of playable Halo 2 code at the World Cyber Games in Auckland, New Zealand, next month.

The debut appearance from 17-19 September comes a week before Wellington's Armageddon expo and two months ahead of the game's international release.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO, go the Kiwis :D!

GhaleonEB

Freestyler said:
Microsoft will host the first public showing of playable Halo 2 code at the World Cyber Games in Auckland, New Zealand, next month.

The debut appearance from 17-19 September comes a week before Wellington's Armageddon expo and two months ahead of the game's international release.

Let's hope it's more than Zanzibar - I love that level but enough already - spill some campaign goods. Just a little. :D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
border said:
How can they even think of proclaiming this as "the first public showing of playable Halo 2 code"??

Probably final or close to final? newer than e3 build? looks like I'll be going to armageddon then....

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
BuddyChrist83 said:
i really hope i still care about halo 2 by the time nov 9th rolls around

Nobody will be able to not. it's going to be great.

Is there any news about whether halo1 maps are in or out? I think a tweaked blood gulch wouldn't be a bad thing.....

Sai

There have been little hints thrown around that suggest there might be a few HALO re-appearing in HALO 2. And even if they aren't there initially...

... HALO 2 does support DLC. ;)

As for this news item: I too hope it's more than just Zanzibar. In fact-- Don't show us any more of Zanzibar, I'm sick of it. -_- Show us a demo of single player campaign or somethin', eh?

border

If they had included a map editor for users, the nice thing would be that we could just play old Halo maps once somebody made them. I am going to miss Hang 'Em High, if it's not in there.

Freestyler said:

Uhhhh, isn't it going to be at the Penny Arcade Expo? Isn't that like next week?

GhaleonEB

StrikerObi said:
Uhhhh, isn't it going to be at the Penny Arcade Expo? Isn't that like next week?

I wonder if they are referring to the single-player debut as playable code. I suspect Zanzibar will be playable at PAX (they brought the single player demo from E3 2003 to last year's).

Vibri

Banned
SAME CODE that was playable by appointment at E3, and also at G4's GPhoria event last month. These people are STILL trying to claim some kind of exclusive on that demo? LOL.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Probably wasnt supposed to be an international press release, but with the nature of the internet and all...

Drexon

Banned
May I remind everyone that we still don't know jack shit about the story? That makes me excited anyways. :D (Excluding whatever the whole ilovebees thing is hinting)

Top Bottom