• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Special - New Interview

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Full thing:

http://www.gamedaily.com/xbox/halo2/index.asp

GD: What do you think of Halo's place in the entertainment world, as the game has become part of popular culture?

PP: I'd like to think games are the best form of entertainment available. I love movies and books, but I also love games. I hope people will one day look at great games as they currently look at great books and great movies. Games should occupy that space as a form of entertainment.

GD: What role do you see Bungie playing in establishing games as a form of entertainment?

PP: We're going to play a small role in this evolution of gaming, just as Valve with Half-Life 2, Rare and other great developers will over the coming years. We have all of these different things that we're going to do to help us tell the story in Halo 2.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Deepthroat said:
You can still show off some SP without sayig anything about the story.

There might be surprises not actually tied directly within the storyline. Everything we think we know might be wrong :p

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
if they showed the SP though people would be expecting them to show whats new with it, and that would lead to the spoilers.

Prine

Banned
I've never been worried with the lack of single player displayed. I know its going to be one of the best experiences of my gaming life, i simply cannot wait to see how they've improved the near perfect AI of Halo

epmode

this is their exclusive interview? they can keep it. the weekly update is 826983426 times more insightful than this.

Deku Tree

Sp3eD said:
If this game doesn't have multiplayer bots then their AI is a sham in my eyes.

Why would they include multiplayer bots? They want you to play Halo 2 multi against real people on LIVE.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Deku Tree said:
Why would they include multiplayer bots? They want you to play Halo 2 multi against real people on LIVE.

yes, but bots are fantastic fillers for games that don't have tons of people. If they are really wanting to pimp their AI code, what better way to do it then with AI that acts like real people.

Besides, what other big time multiplayer orientated FPS hasn't had bots in recent years?

Deku Tree

Has Bungie said anything about bots pro or con?

I remember reading something a while back about how they had some reservations on the idea.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Deku Tree said:

Wait wait wait... we don't even know if there's multiplayer bots yet? Holy crap if there's no bots in Halo 2....

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
BuddyChrist83 said:

:lol

yeah that was probably my biggest qualm about Halo 1. That game just begged to have bots of some kind in multiplayer. I hated having to get 100 people in a room just to play some sort of multiplayer.

I guess it wont be that big of a deal if they aren't in Halo 2, but it will sure dissapoint the hell out of me.

DrDogg

epmode said:
this is an exclusive interview? they can keep it. the weekly update is 826983426 times more insightful than this.

Every interview is exclusive unless you copy and paste from another source...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Ghost said:
if they showed the SP though people would be expecting them to show whats new with it, and that would lead to the spoilers.

Which they did at E32003, or has everyone forgotten about that 10 minute single player video already?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
XboxGamers said:
Bungie should show some exclusive single player screens! :D

well actually they HAVE been showing us screens... you know... showing that the covenant can overtake vehicles in single player and stuff.

last single player screen was may 10th, before that was april 16th, before that was beginning of april.

they just aren't showing much besides characters but they ARE single player screens otherwise :)

Ramirez

I dont want to know anything about the game...I boughtt an XBox/Halo completely blind,didn't know anything about the game and I feel that is one of the main reasons I enjoyed it so much.Everything was a surprise to me,and it felt fresh...most of the time when I play a game these days I can practically know whats gonna happen because I've seen so many damn screens and stuff :p

Sai

Didn't feel the need to make a new thread, so I'll just bump this one.

Article on Bungie/HALO 2 at Canada.com:

LINK

And a neat screenshot within:

z090103A.jpg

The Beam Rifle's huge.

GhaleonEB

Sai said:
Didn't feel the need to make a new thread, so I'll just bump this one.

Article on Bungie/HALO 2 at Canada.com:

LINK

And a neat screenshot within:

z090103A.jpg

The Beam Rifle's huge.

Holy damn that's a big gun. Looks cool as hell, but yikes!

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
You didn't ask, but the next XBN will have Halo single-player coverage. So, a month or less away from some sort of info.

ced

There is a little more than 2 months left, at this point I dont really care to see single player stuff.

You knows its gonna be phenomenal, and we have made it this long, I dont see a point in spoiling any of the initial shock factor.

Tellaerin

Deku Tree said:

I'm concerned with what I want as a player, not what some company wants to make me do in order to earn more money. Maybe if I was an MS shareholder, I'd say 'Well, that's OK, because they want to promote Live.' Since I'm not, I agree with the original poster--if Bungie doesn't include bot support for multiplayer this time, it's bullshit.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm expecting big pleasant surprises as far as single player goes.

Top Bottom