• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Tournament at BestBuy

MrparisSM

Banned
I'm not sure if this is going to be at every best buy. But my store is opening up at 9 AM on Nov. 9th(we usually open at 10) and are bringing out 4 big screen tvs to the front of the store with four Xboxes hooked up with the game. Their going to have a 16 player lan tournament. With prizes and everything! Can't wait! :D

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Best Buys here in Edmonton are doing it too. Starts at 8pm on Monday and the winner gets some free Halo 2 collection of whatzits and the like.

Drakken

Wow. that's awesome. I haven't heard anything about my Best Buy doing that; I'll have to call them about it. Thanks for the notice.

Ironclad

I have my copy of Halo 2 reserved at a Gamestop. Do you know if best buy will let you play in the tournament even if you aren't buying the game from them?

MrparisSM

Banned
Ironclad_Ninja said:
I have my copy of Halo 2 reserved at a Gamestop. Do you know if best buy will let you play in the tournament even if you aren't buying the game from them?

No purchase required. Just something us fanboys wanted to do, so we're using company resources to do it. :)

Ironclad

MrparisSM said:
No purchase required. Just something us fanboys wanted to do, so we're using company resources to do it. :)
Excellent! Now I will definetly have to go to this tournament. Thanks for the response.

FightyF

Banned
Today at work (Calgary BB) we had a guy from MS in a Master Chief suit show up and challenge people :p

We aren't doing anything exciting like that...because we are new and most people don't know we're in Calgary yet. Heck, we got 250 Halo 2 Collectors editions (all of them for the pre-order people) and I think we've only sold a hundred or so. So if you want the collectors edition, come down to BB all you Calgary gamers.

Top Bottom